Premier League 2022/23: Crystal Palace vs Man Utd ~ Wed 18th Jan 8pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Palace always give us a hard game they have so many players who on their day can be very hard to handle so it's a real test of the teams metal.

Injury wise Martial I guess remains a doubt having only last 45 minutes in the derby and Casemiro/Rashford both looked like they picked up knocks in the last game so we will need to see how they've recovered.

I think we'll see Rashford up the middle from the start if he's fit with Weghorst on the bench. The other unknown is if Sancho is ready to return he was at the ground on Saturday and is training but there's no fixed date for his return yet having him on the bench would be a big boost.

DDG

AWB Varane Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Eriksen

Anthony Bruno Garnacho

Rashford.

I think this will be the one where we rest a few. Wouldn’t be surprised if Varane and Casemiro are given a little break.

Given Casemiro's on Four bookings, I think he'll be saved for the Gunners game. Maybe bench Rashford and give Wout Wout! a start....

When Weghorst scores a goal it’s going to be the stuff of dreams for pun makers.

Wout a start! Wout a goal!

We will whip Palace, were not in the mood for letting mid table whipping boys get in our way these days. Bring on the Arsenal. Cant wait!!

Time to get the cotton-wool out for most of the team -

De Gea
AWB Maguire Lindelof Malacia
McTom Fred
Pellistri Antony Elanga
Weghorst​

LOL... that would be a bit tough on Weghorst :rolleyes:

Why LOL?

The keeper, 3/4 of the defence, and the dynamic duo in midfield helped us to a major final and 2nd in the League not so long back, and he'd have three of the most talented creative young players in England behind him trying to set him up on debut, and all bar AWB and De Gea are current full Internationals.

Save your LOL's for somebody suggests Ryan Gigg's bro, Nicky Butt's Mother and an assortment of untried 14-17 year old schoolkids.

Justin’s team selections intentionally tend to be left field. He’s a funny one.

Not rising to that bullshit. Much preferred it when you just posted the occasional tweet or two or three but usually 24hrs after what you posted was common knowledge to anybody that had more than a passing interest in United, and as if you were doing the forum a favour.

ps. I'd rather be funny that boring.

Not rising to that bullshit. Much preferred it when you just posted the occasional tweet or two or three but usually 24hrs after what you posted was common knowledge to anybody that had more than a passing interest in United, and as if you were doing the forum a favour.

ps. I'd rather be funny that boring.
You are a funny one.

They've lost 4 of 5, conceding 10 and scoring just 3 (two against Bournemouth and one v So'ton) so on paper we should be beating them.

DdG
AwB, Maguire, Martinez, Shaw
McTominay, Eriksen
Antony, Bruno, Garnacho
Weghorst

Win this early and look to give Eriksen, Shaw and Bruno a breather.

Why LOL?

The keeper, 3/4 of the defence, and the dynamic duo in midfield helped us to a major final and 2nd in the League not so long back, and he'd have three of the most talented creative young players in England behind him trying to set him up on debut, and all bar AWB and De Gea are current full Internationals.

Save your LOL's for somebody suggests Ryan Gigg's bro, Nicky Butt's Mother and an assortment of untried 14-17 year old schoolkids.
I just fear it could possibly give Weghorst the impression he has been signed to be part of a second string (as most of your selections are) and if it doesn't go to plan could be an immediate confidence destroyer. But your forecast starting 11 is altogether strange. Is Garnacho injured? or has his City cameo taken it all out of him? LOL

I just fear it could possibly give Weghorst the impression he has been signed to be part of a second string (as most of your selections are) and if it doesn't go to plan could be an immediate confidence destroyer. But your forecast starting 11 is altogether strange. Is Garnacho injured? or has his City cameo taken it all out of him? LOL

It's not your place to fear, and i'm sure Weghorst is experienced enough to know what his roll will be in the squad. And strange to heavily rotate in a brutal fixture list against a side of bruisers who will run all day and with several of our most important players one booking from a suspension, or on their knees physically before a potential season defining match up next, ok, like it's never happened before ....

Again with the LOL, how old are you, seriously, 8?

Zaha will have been perfecting his two-way roll for when Casemiro tackles him tonight to try and get him carded ....

Big gamble starting Casemiro. Hopefully Ten Hag doesn’t come to regret the decision.

Thats more the line up I was hoping for, just cant be complacent tonight. Get these points in the bag and then hunt this mob down on Sunday. Come on............

Another big call by ETH starting Casemiro and Rashford. I know these have usually come off for him, but we’re a yellow and a tweak to the leg of it being a total disaster.

Love the strong line up but their inclusion has me nervous.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back