Premier League 2022/23: Chelsea vs Man Utd ~ Sat 22nd Oct 17:30 KO

RVN

So stupid from McT but we see it at every corner. Should be a penalty every time or never.
I think it was given because McTominay held him for too long. Stupid by Scott McTominay

IDFD

Get in Casemiro. Didn't deserve to lose that. Easily the better team until Potter just closed it down.

They had 2 shots on target one of which was a penalty from a stupid mistake.

SuperRash

Loved his passion after scoring the goal!

Chelsea were so poor and didn’t look a threat all, they weren’t scoring from open play in a month of Sunday’s.

We need a true striker to complete this side because we are close.

ROBSON No7

I have pointed out McTominays love of wrapping his arms around torsos before.....he is shit

Sideshow Bob

We need a true striker to complete this side because we are close.
Yep. Imperative United sign a striker in January or in the summer. It’s a priority. We’d no far off from challenging for the title with a quality striker. The defence is solid, midfield is solid, attack is letting this team down.

IDFD

Bruno shutting Shreeves down in the interview. Try ask about Ronaldo and just said no we don't talk about that it stays inside. ETH has this team trained well.

IDFD

Should have been more time played. Blew up bang on '96 when there was a goal and celebration time.

I would be shocked if this team doesn't finish in the top 4. In our 11 games we've now played the entire top 11 other than Fulham.

It was a shocking start but we are seeing more from this team now. Those 6 points and two terrible games at the start of the season hurt! But you can see this team is buying in to it now and getting it.

Mr C

Yep. Imperative United sign a striker in January or in the summer. It’s a priority. We’d no far off from challenging for the title with a quality striker. The defence is solid, midfield is solid, attack is letting this team down.
Toney seems the obvious choice

jsp

Thought both teams looked poor a draw was probably fair.

A defeat would have been gutting as Chelsea did nothing all game and we gift them a penalty.

boothstownred

He is trying to support Ronaldo but gnev and hasselbaink are putting a counter argument in and it's getting pretty heated

IDFD

Gotta remember Keane threw his team mates under the bus too.

Not sure what it is with our former players but seems only Neville (finally) and Rooney are willing to realise Ronaldo isn't what he was.

I'm hearing people saying the club are letting Ronaldo down and not the other way around ffs.

SuperRash

Been a long time coming but this a United team that you can finally enjoy again. Not just the overall play but a bit of passion, attitude and more important they are playing as a team. The players look like they care and that’s what has been lacking for a good few years.

Promising signs but got to keep up this form.

RVN

Love to see the fight, grit, determination and passion back in the side. There was an incident in the first half where Dalot chased back to make a challenge on Aubameyang to put him off. This would definitely have not happened last season. EtH deserves great credit for galvanising this team.

Mr C

We must get a striker in Jan. It's going to cost us.

Idfd - not quite the cake walk eh ;)

Danny Murphy cannot bring himself to say anything good about United

Sideshow Bob

Still buzzing this morning from the late equaliser and player and fan celebrations.

IDFD

We must get a striker in Jan. It's going to cost us.

Idfd - not quite the cake walk eh ;)

Danny Murphy cannot bring himself to say anything good about United

I think the game clearly highlighted my point. We are the much better side. Chelsea had to resort to changing formation early on and clogging the game up and they realised they couldn't go toe to toe with us. They had 2 shots on target 1 was a penalty from a moment of madness. We finish above that bunch comfortably.

We had 12 shots to their 5. 6 on target to their 2. We had more possession, more passes, more touches in the opposition's box the better chances oh and we were the away team.

There is only one team in this league that is clearly better than us. Pessimism can leave itself at the door.

It's finally worth you paying for the games now because we are worth watching again.

I'll give you one clear indication of how good we've looked recently and how likely it is we made progress and will comfortably finish top 4. Rich has gone quiet.

O-Dog

I agree with IDFD somewhat; we were much better than Chelsea and we've shown these last few games that we have the ability and mentality to finish top four.

However, unless we get a striker in January, or Martial has a miraculously good remainder of the season, our struggle to convert chances will cost too many points. Given how we played, we should have taken six points off of Newcastle and Chelsea.

IDFD

A better striker will obviously help. But we've also played all of the top 11 bar Fulham. So we will surely just create better chances more against the lower sides and keep knocking down the door.

Rashford going back to the left when Martial or Ronaldo come in will help him too.

I think this January could be a lot busier than usual. I was thinking about it the other day. Club sides have all of the world cup to be talking to eachother to get the deals concluded as soon as the transfer window opens.

Mr C

I didn't say we aren't playing nice football. I didn't say we wouldn't win.
I said it wouldn't be the walk in the park you predicted, because we can't score.

So I think the game highlighted my point. We need to finish our chances, or the best football we've played in years will be wasted

This needs addressing ASAP

Was great to see a midfielder chip in with a goal

IDFD

I didn't say we aren't playing nice football. I didn't say we wouldn't win.
I said it wouldn't be the walk in the park you predicted, because we can't score.

So I think the game highlighted my point. We need to finish our chances, or the best football we've played in years will be wasted

This needs addressing ASAP

Was great to see a midfielder chip in with a goal

You said we were even. No one watching that game including Potter thought the sides were even.

Someone had to take Rich's mantle though. ;)

jsp

We battered them first half to the point where Potter had to ditch his back 3 after 35 minutes.

Game was more even after that with not much really happening the two teams just cancelling each other out.

Does feel like an opportunity missed.

Mr C

You said we were even. No one watching that game including Potter thought the sides were even.

Someone had to take Rich's mantle though. ;)
You shouldn't put words in people's mouth. I said they were above us in the table, that SB is a tricky ground. And it would be a close game.
All of which is/was true.
The result would say the sides are even. And until we resolve the problem of not converting chances this will be the case.
Not sure how this ties into Rich, we're playing lovely stuff. Best for years and I'm really enjoying watching us for the first time in years. But because I don't agree with a pre match prediction that it would be a big win. Doesn't make me a pessimist, as the result shows.

Martial returning might push us up. But we need to start converting more of our chances

But as I said, compared to last year, ETH has performed miracles

IDFD

Pretty even I'd say.

You shouldn't put words in people's mouth.

I was literally quoting you.

You are very pessimistic. And have been for a while. If you still think after the last two games Chelsea and Tottenham are better/even sides than us then you obviously have seen different games to the rest of the world.

If you still after the last 7 days don't think we will make top 4 then you're quite pessimistic towards us.

And I actually said we may not win but we'll be the better side. Kepa may produce some good saves. Which he did. We destroyed them to the point Potter decided a draw was a good result at home midway through the first half.

Mr C

We did not destroy them. We got a last minute draw

And I fail to see how not getting above our station, and realising where we are at is pessimistic.

I love where we are at. But for me, it's supporters with attitudes like yours that get us in trouble. A few great games, then one like City and everyone is on our back. We've controlled our last 1.5 games and looked good. But cannot finish our chances.

As for quoting me, we were even. As far as I know, football isn't about possession, who played the prettiest it's about points. We got 1 each so I'd say I was right there

Just read back on this forum, one bad game as a team and Rashford, Sancho and God knows who else need selling.

We are not going to go from where we were last season to contenders. We are still a good 5 players away

So when people say we will destroy a side, and we don't, it puts undue pressure on us.

The table doesn't lie.

And I take real issue with people saying I am being pessimistic when I am saying what I see. I love where we are. I love the football we are playing. It's enough for me. I don't need to see ridiculous things like we will destroy Chelsea at home yet.

Huge, massive, improvement, but lots more to do.

Silly to say
I think we could run off quite comfortable winners
After watching our finishing at Newcastle and spurs

Mr C

If you still after the last 7 days don't think we will make top 4 then you're quite pessimistic towards us
Utter nonsense

What I said was, if we got top 4 after last season ETH would have done a fantastic job

That is not the same as saying I don't think we will.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now