Premier League 2022/23: Brentford vs Man Utd - Sat 13th Aug - 17:30 KO

I thought it was 78 with add ons.

Ok so it's 57m down the pan. Whatever it was, it's a complete waste, we now have 5 terrible CB's

That's what happens when you listen to the manager for signings because your scouts and analysists are terrible

This is going to be a long season, for fans.

That was a disaster wish I’d stayed out on my sun lounger.

We gifted them the first goal but after that Brentford read us like a book they knew going direct was good for them as any set piece even our own goal kicks was a goal scoring opportunity for them.

Why are people surprised it is this bad and this ugly? The club is rotten to the core.

Trolling today isn't a great idea fella. We are all obviously in a mood and you'll get people snapping. Just drop it for one day.

Just don't know how we're going to recruit now. Which quality players would want to be part of this shambles. Difficult to know to what extent shockingly poor performance is a confidence issue, whether the players just aren't very good, whether there's a deep-rooted malaise in the dressing room culture or whether the players simply haven't got the where-with-all to adapt to Ten Haag's preferred style of play. I suspect a combination of all these factors, which will take a lot of time to sort out as the existing dross is cleared out - wouldn't want to keep any of them. It's a nightmare, but hats off to Ole as at least he got a bit of a tune from them.

I thought it was 78 with add ons.

Ok so it's 57m down the pan. Whatever it was, it's a complete waste, we now have 5 terrible CB's

That's what happens when you listen to the manager for signings because your scouts and analysists are terrible

This is going to be a long season, for fans.

It's two games. You remember Vidic and Evra after two games?

You want to give Eriksen time even though we know he's done as a footballer but write off Martinez?

Also it was £46m I'm not sure why we keep adding more to it.

Trolling today isn't a great idea fella. We are all obviously in a mood and you'll get people snapping. Just drop it for one day.
I'm not trolling bud I'm really not. Yesterday was another sad day for United. I'm just asking the question, why are people surprised at this point? We all know the issues are deep rooted.

The issue I think is quite simple of the back 7 players including the keeper I think we’ve got 5 players who do not want the ball at their feet in their own half. The CBs are all ok on the ball even under a bit of pressure but the keeper, full backs and centre mids do not want the ball under pressure and consistently make poor decisions.

I wonder if these first two games might see Utd make a surprise move for a new keeper who is a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I'm not trolling bud I'm really not. Yesterday was another sad day for United. I'm just asking the question, why are people surprised at this point? We all know the issues are deep rooted.

Why are people surprised United went 4-0 down to Brentford in 35 minutes.

Come on fella.

You want to give Eriksen time even though we know he's done as a footballer but write off Martinez?

You say adding money. I say quoting reports

Vidic was different, that was just a need to get up to speed with league, not a need to grow 6 inches. He's never going to make CB in this league. We need to try him CM

Why are people surprised United went 4-0 down to Brentford in 35 minutes.

Come on fella.
But that's not trolling. Trolling would be "ha United are 4-0 down to Brentford". Trolling would be laughing at the situation and at the fans. I'm not doing that. Why are you surprised at this point? You've said all along it is the players not the manager. Guess what? You are mostly right.

You say adding money. I say quoting reports

Vidic was different, that was just a need to get up to speed with league, not a need to grow 6 inches. He's never going to make CB in this league. We need to try him CM

Your own link states £48m. To pay the add one we need to have some success and then wouldn't be a waste.

It would if he was on the bench.

Fact is, we've spent 48-58m on a 5ft 9 CB while Liverpool and city bought 6ft plus forwards, Conte's team is full of 6ft plus players.
He's just not going to work and our teams behind the scenes should have known that and had a list of other CB's
Our head coach should not be recommending players and we just say yeah ok

I write off both of them.
They are not the solution.

It would if he was on the bench.

Fact is, we've spent 48-58m on a 5ft 9 CB while Liverpool and city bought 6ft plus forwards, Conte's team is full of 6ft plus players.
He's just not going to work and our teams behind the scenes should have known that and had a list of other CB's
Our head coach should not be recommending players and we just say yeah ok
Agree,
We needed Kounde or Gvardiol instead.
This was the hot CB to get, not Martinez

Just don't know how we're going to recruit now. Which quality players would want to be part of this shambles. Difficult to know to what extent shockingly poor performance is a confidence issue, whether the players just aren't very good, whether there's a deep-rooted malaise in the dressing room culture or whether the players simply haven't got the where-with-all to adapt to Ten Haag's preferred style of play. I suspect a combination of all these factors, which will take a lot of time to sort out as the existing dross is cleared out - wouldn't want to keep any of them. It's a nightmare, but hats off to Ole as at least he got a bit of a tune from them.
I don't think recruitment is that difficult if you lower your expectations and put the right scouting teams in place. We have talked about this before. We need to sign players before they reach these shores. Neves before he goes to wolves, tielemans before he goes to Leicester, bissouma before he goes to Brighton. We have never been very good at that, preferring to wait until they have proved themselves in the prem and there price has quadrupled.

I don't think recruitment is that difficult if you lower your expectations and put the right scouting teams in place. We have talked about this before. We need to sign players before they reach these shores. Neves before he goes to wolves, tielemans before he goes to Leicester, bissouma before he goes to Brighton. We have never been very good at that, preferring to wait until they have proved themselves in the prem and there price has quadrupled.
We did that in the past with Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson.
Last time we did that was Zaha.
That doesn't garanty succes but the risk is pretty low.
I can't believe we didn't try for Gravenberch.
At 19 yo for under 20m€, he was a cheapest this summer.

From The Guardian this morning about United
"At Brentford on Saturday, United were decked out in Stabilo green, as though somebody had highlighted where all the problems were."

Got to give them that, cracking line

It's not surprising that nobody has commented on individual player performance threads.

ETH brought the team in Sunday for extra training.

To make up for the extra 8.5 miles brentford ran more than united.

ETH brought the team in Sunday for extra training.

To make up for the extra 8.5 miles brentfod ran more than united.
I would have made them run double the distance, to set the expectation that everytime there is a shortfall during a match they will run double the following day.

I would have made them run double the distance, to set the expectation that everytime there is a shortfall during a match they will run double the following day.

Not sure EtH up on manslaughter charges helps the club at the minute.

Just seen MEN player ratings for Saturday. Not sure i've ever seen 0 and 1's before.

De Gea - 1

Dalot - 2
Maguire - 1
Martinez - 0
Shaw - 0

Eriksen - 1
Fred - 0
Bruno - 1

Sancho - 1
Ronaldo - 3
Rashford - 1

Malacia - 5
Varane - 5
McTominay - 4
Elanga - 4

if you are dishing out 0’s you have to give De Gea a zero he cost his team 2 goals

Those ratings lose credibility when you see that Dalot got 2 and McTominay got 4.

Just seen MEN player ratings for Saturday. Not sure i've ever seen 0 and 1's before.

De Gea - 1

Dalot - 2
Maguire - 1
Martinez - 0
Shaw - 0

Eriksen - 1
Fred - 0
Bruno - 1

Sancho - 1
Ronaldo - 3
Rashford - 1

Malacia - 5
Varane - 5
McTominay - 4
Elanga - 4

Think we've found out where @jsp is finishing off his Community service.

Who says crime doesn't pay.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back