Premier League 2022/23: Brentford vs Man Utd - Sat 13th Aug - 17:30 KO

I picked out (or chappers did) and I brought it up, because it's unfair for you to pick out Eriksen

The problems are beyond 1 player.

And as much as I like ETH, is he the right man for this shower

What annoys me about you is that you stated your issue with Bruno is the amount he gives the ball away and the strops.

In two games Eriksen has been the most loose player with the ball and the only one that's stropped. And you ignore it.

I'm all in on starting Iqbal and Hanibal in the next game. They can't be worse than what Eriksen and Rashford showed today.

But for those defending Eriksen. No player in the league has given the ball away more than Eriksen through two matches.

Both Eriksen and Bruno were poor today. I'm slightly easier (maybe wrongly) on Eriksen I suppose as he is only 2 games in. Bruno today was his usual moaning arm flapping self - how I wish he would just focus on his football and stop picking fights. This does not mean I thought he was worse than Eriksen.

But for those defending Eriksen. No player in the league has given the ball away more than Eriksen through two matches.
I was always surprised at the positivity surrounding Eriksens signing....another player in the twilight of his career....i am guilty of being swept up by the hype more out of hope than expectation but his performances have proved my doubts to be right...that's not to single him out cos the whole team is shite...zero effort

What annoys me about you is that you stated your issue with Bruno is the amount he gives the ball away and the strops.

In two games Eriksen has been the most loose player with the ball and the only one that's stropped. And you ignore it.
It wasn't my quote. It was Mark Chapmen

It wasn't my quote. It was Mark Chapmen

I mean in general. Bruno puts in Eriksens performances and you're slating him. But you're ignoring the strops and the loose passing.

These players continue to throw the managers under the bus with their pathetic performance. Would like to say I’m surprised by today but sadly I’m not.

We are a disgrace at the moment and easily are looking like the worst team in the league. Not the worst squad by any stretch but just an awful team. No togetherness, no right, no will to win when the going gets tough.

Think it’s Liverpool up next. Prepare for three losses in three if we play like this. It’s just pathetic.

David de Geas interview on Sky Sports is very concerning...from judging his words and mood it seems this squad is rotten...he was asked how they can come through this and he looked completely broken...and was unable to offer an answer....bad times

Though if you think about it logically he should just dress like a clown.

This guy has been responsible, or partially responsible for each of the 6 goals we've conceded so far this season, yet folk still defend him, it actually beggars belief.

Should have been moved on four years ago, alongside fat lad at left-back.

Thought the away fans were piss poor today, why bother turning up if you're just gonna stand there like fecking lemons.

Not even sure where we are at now. Need a GK. Need a RB. Think we are ok at LB. Everybody that said Martinez is too small to play centre half look to be right, and I am certainly not seeing the great spring he is supposed have. Midfield is a shambles. Need at least 2 possibly 3. Need to make a decision on Bruno, if eth wants to play 4 3 3 then he needs to be moved on. Rashford personally I think needs to go. Ronaldo if he doesn't go this window will go at the end the season. Sancho does not look like the generational talent he was touted as.

I am aware this is a bit of an incoherent rant but I am finding it hard to put into words how bad it is. This team don't run hard enough or fast enough. You can't make Maguire into a fast runner but if he is going to be first choice then he needs faster players around him

We probably need at least 5 good signings just to be challenging for top 4.

Thought the away fans were piss poor today, why bother turning up if you're just gonna stand there like fecking lemons.
We have always had brilliant away fans. This is consistent with the malaise at the club. Chapman was right it is rotten from the top down.

We have always had brilliant away fans. This is consistent with the malaise at the club. Chapman was right it is rotten from the top down.
Neville was extremely vocal about the Glazer family post match, and corrected the f@*kwit Redknapp and Kelly Coates about the money made 'available'by the Glazers.

Never have I seen a United team without leadership on and off the pitch. Maguire is not fit to captain this team. There is no one holding players to account on the pitch or advising them on their position.

I think buying Martinez highlights everything that is wrong with this club. Wrong player, and our scouts and analytical teams should have known better

Neville was extremely vocal about the Glazer family post match, and corrected the f@*kwit Redknapp and Kelly Coates about the money made 'available'by the Glazers.
To outsiders it does look like they have made money available. When you look a bit deeper you realise why. Firstly we have massively overpaid on players, when you do that they have to work. So when you think how much we spent on pogba and Lukaku, and the return we got from them you start to see the issues. Secondly we always seemed to need 4 players and only got 3. Straight away you are behind the 8 ball and if a couple of those don't work........

The bottom line is the Glazers have taken more out the club than they have spent. They need to ho

I think buying Martinez highlights everything that is wrong with this club. Wrong player, and our scouts and analytical teams should have known better
I can see how the club might have a problem here. They want to be seen to be backing their new guy and he obviously wanted Martinez, and it might still work, but personally I think there were other positions that needed addressing first.

I can see how the club might have a problem here. They want to be seen to be backing their new guy and he obviously wanted Martinez, and it might still work, but personally I think there were other positions that needed addressing first.
Agree, we needed a holding midfielder and a box to box to challenge Bruno.
But we got crap instead.
Martinez was not the perfect CB, we needed someone like Kounde or Gvardiol to play with Varane and replace Maguire not play with him.and
We need a RB and i don't want to see Shaw again, play Malacia please.
At this point the team is so bad that i just want change.
Drop Martinez, Eriksen and Bruno and play Varane and Garner

I'm just taking my responsibility today. I think I cost three points for my team. It was a poor performance from myself."

Take a bow DDG - manned up

But it wasn't just him

Yep nice to see a player front up rather than have their PR team write a social media post on their behalf

This is where I feel Maguire takes the easy (cowardly) option. He should have come out like De Gea, but sadly didn't. I fully expect a generic apology on Instagram.

Really feel for ETH, he has inherited a bunch of spineless players. If you aren’t playing well then at least you can put in a 100% effort. I see nothing from these bunch.

We say it pretty much every time we play but we hit a new low today.

The manager has a ridiculously hard job on his hands. It’s sad to say but at this present time I cannot say I would go into any game against anybody with any confidence of a win.

So done with these players.

I watched the game in the ex service men's club in Alnmouth. It was the only place showing the football. I got there twenty minutes before the end of the Newcastle game, so the place was packed. A few stayed for the Man Utd game and after some banter one said to me "I'll buy you a pint if Brentford score three." I responded, " I'll buy you one if they score four."

We had a good drink.

Frank admitted they targeted Martinez, so that is looking like 80m down the pan
£48m with add ons*

On the topic of Martinez, what do we do with him? He’s had a pretty chastening start and of course he will continue to be targeted. I presume he will be taken out of the firing line against Liverpool.

Do we look at him at left back? He’s got technical ability obviously and good defensive skills but his lack of height will always be exposed. Maybe try him in defensive midfield.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back