Premier League 2022/23: Arsenal vs Man Utd ~ Sun 22nd Jan 4.30pm

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Very tough game away to the best side in the league who'll be looking for a bit of revenge having been beaten at old trafford earlier in the season.

The Palace game obviously knocked the wind out of us a bit a last minute equaliser is always tough to take when it goes against you but it's a test of the character to see how they bounce back.

Casemiro will serve a 1 game ban, you might not have heard about this. Not sure what state Martial is in and guessing Sancho won't be back yet although he'd be handy to have on the bench if he's ready.

Arsenal are missing Jesus but Nketiah has stepped up in his absence so they're pretty close to full strength.

DDG

AWB Varane Martinez Shaw

Eriksen Fred Bruno

Anthony Martial Rashford

I think Fred will come for Casemiro and if he's fit I expect Martial to start with Weghorst dropping to the bench.

I’d be tempted go with the same front six that started against City, with McTominay replacing Casemiro. McTominay-Fred, Eriksen at 10, Bruno on the right.

Yeah Anthony is a tricky one I think ETH picks him because he knows he can trust him to get back and do the defensive work.

Bruno wide I don't think works that well but again you know he'll do his best to cover the defensive side.

Eriksen is a tough one as physically he'll lose the battle against that Arsenal midfield but he is important for keeping the ball moving and being able to start those quick counters.

The team looked tired on Wednesday night so there's also that to consider.

I have a problem with Martial starting up front on Sunday as he never gives us anything, no press, lack of intelligence with regards to making runs, just a general malaise in his play. I did not see the first half on Wednesday night, but from what I have read on here Weghorst was quite slow and not as mobile as we had been lead to believe. But then I don't want to have Garnacho start on the left and push Rashford in to the middle. Argh, who'd be a manager eh!

I have a problem with Martial starting up front on Sunday as he never gives us anything, no press, lack of intelligence with regards to making runs, just a general malaise in his play. I did not see the first half on Wednesday night, but from what I have read on here Weghorst was quite slow and not as mobile as we had been lead to believe. But then I don't want to have Garnacho start on the left and push Rashford in to the middle. Argh, who'd be a manager eh!

That's the issue I don't think either of our strikers are great so it's about deciding who starts and who finishes the games.

Martial is alright at the pressing and he's actually decent at holding the ball up but when we have the ball his movement is lacking. He's also clearly lost that burst of speed he had as a youngster the close control is still top class but he can't run away from people anymore, the injuries have taken that away from him. Weghorst is still finding his feet but he's very slow, think starting 2 games in a week is a big ask for him.

Probably have to go with Martial if he's fit but I don't expect much from him.

ddg

awb
varane
shaw
malacia

eriksen
martinez
bruno

Antony
Martial
Rashford

Not sure Martinez has the legs to play in midfield. Not keen on the idea to be honest.

this is a tough match, Arsenal are in a rich vein of form, and are a better team than us.

But they do lose their sh!t ,maybe a bit of nastiness is required.

Shaw in central midfield would work for me - I think he has the traits needed for a good midfield player. Obviously not going to happen but I would prefer that over Martinez if it ever came to it.

Shaw in central midfield would work for me - I think he has the traits needed for a good midfield player. Obviously not going to happen but I would prefer that over Martinez if it ever came to it.

Not sure the most one-footed player ever to play in the Premier League is cut out for the hurly burly of midfield, that's before you consider his total lack of game intelligence to play there, think Paul Pogba, but worse.

Wonder what he'd be like as a centre-forward, so many possibilities ....

Might be time to go 3-5-2, but whatever team/system EtH goes with think Arsenal will be 0-2 down before they know what's hit them.

Very confident, even Casemiro light.

Not sure the most one-footed player ever to play in the Premier League is cut out for the hurly burly of midfield, that's before you consider his total lack of game intelligence to play there, think Paul Pogba, but worse.

Wonder what he'd be like as a centre-forward, so many possibilities ....
Think he would be a brilliant centre forward!

According to twitter Martial and Dalot didn’t travel with the rest of the squad to London.

Love to see EtH gamble tomorrow and pair Mainoo and Fred behind Bruno(Eriksen rested)for their energy, and ability to get around the pitch for 90+ minutes.

De Gea
Heaton
Butland

Wan-Bissaka
Shaw

Malacia

Varane
Martinez

Maguire
Lindelof

McTominay
Fred

Mainoo

Fernandes
Eriksen

Antony
Pellistri

Garnacho
Elanga

Rashford
Weghorst

2 set to miss out, Butland and Elanga or Pellistri.

I'm a bit worried, I don't see us winning this without Casemiro, but Fred might just have one of his games.
Ideally we need to wind them and Arteta up, because they are quick to blow. But I can't see ETH doing that kind of thing.
I'm not confident but you never know which United will turn up. We'll know pretty quickly.

I hope we score early

All the pressure is on Arsenal today, and it would probably help if City won the earlier kick-off on that score.

Whatever you are feeling. Feel it well. Full yourself up with feel, and really feel a rush of feel while your feeling it.
If you stop feeling the feel well today. Have bicarbonate of soda and let the bad feel flow out you arsenal hole.

Here's to a 0-3

Looking forward to the game, but not confident. Think we'll miss not only Casimero, but Martial's ability to hold the ball and move it on.

Maybe Wout can do the hold bit and provide more of a goal threat. Depends if he gets himself into the box often enough.

Need both fullbacks to be on top of their game.

My biggest fear for today is we start with Weghorst. Based on what we saw the previous outing that has to be a big risk. Best to start with what/who we know and maybe use Weghorst for final 20/30 minutes if we find we need to find something different.

Would unleash Garnacho on the left and have Rashford up top. Our biggest weapon against the bigger teams is our ability to launch quick counter attacks.

City doing us(and themselves, obviously) a favour, 3-0 up against Wolves, some dude called Harlund or summet with a hat-trick.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back