Premier League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Leicester City ~ Sat 2nd Apr 17.30 KO

jsp

The boys are back in town.... I bet we're all super excited to have them back.

The first of 3 very winnable games that simply have to return 9 points if Utd want to be in the champions league next season.

International breaks have meant time off for a lot of our players actually surprising how few went away on international duty but maybe that says something about how things are right now. The players were given 5 days holiday before returning to Carrington for training so hopefully Ralf has been able to work with quite a few of them.

Leicester was a real turning point in the season it was the start of a very deep drop in form that eventually saw the manager sacked and it was an especially horrible day for our captain Maguire who has never really recovered.

For Leicester been a terrible season for them hit hard by injuries but a few of these players are starting to return Justin and Fofana came back before the international break so the defence is starting to look a bit more like their first choice. In attack Vardy has missed a lot of games this season time really caught up to him and he's a doubt for this one and Ndidi will also miss the game.

For Utd it looks like Cavani is out again went off injured last night playing for Uruguay. Telles and Fred were both away with Brazil so they'll be travelling back don't think anyone else had any long trips to deal with.

DDG

Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw

Bruno McTominay Fred

Rashford Ronaldo Sancho

I know he doesn't like it but someone has to play there so probably Rashford on the right of the front 3.

The first of 3 very winnable games
Didn't we say that for Ralfs first 10 or so games.

I don't hold any hope with this team and manager as you know. Be lucky to scrape a win

ddg
dalot
varane
lindelof
telles
fred
matic
pogba
bruno
sancho
ronaldo

Yep and Ralf won quite a lot of them before a run of draws really killed the momentum.

We are playing the teams in 10th, 17th and 20th all in horrendous form if you can't get 9 points from those games you don't deserve to be anywhere near the top 4.

Arsenal next 3 games are Palace (a), Brighton (h) & Southampton (a).
Spurs next 3 games are Newcastle (h), Villa (a) & Brighton (h).

So all 3 of us have got 3 pretty nice fixtures on paper I'd expect Spurs to take 9 points in those games but I can see Arsenal dropping some points we all know if you catch Palace or Southampton on a good day they are very dangerous.

Think I said before I reckon from 9 games Utd need 6 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat to be in with any chance of a top 4 finish and we have to win away at Arsenal so personally I don't see it but as a minimum I think in 3 games time we still need to be in the fight.

Don't really see it with this lot "down tools FC" will likely slip up somewhere.

I'm not holding on to it just want something to at least make the last 9 games of the season interesting in some way.

I just think back to Ole's first season where we absolutely limped to the finish but so did everyone else it was like no one wanted that fourth spot.

Just be there to punish a slip up is all I want this lot to do but even I know that's probably to much to ask.

Nice one enjoy the game if I hear anyone giving Maguire grief at least I know who's responsible ;)

haha, no I'm not going to the match, I meant the slip up will be this Saturday.

I've not been to OT since I left for France in 2011 :-(

I've not been since 2020 was at Bruno's first game one of the last before the lockdowns.

Hopefully get up to a few games next season.... someone needs to cheer on Poch!

Wouldn't surprise me if we slip up on Saturday we've struggled vs Leicester in recent seasons think we might have lost our last 3 against them two in the league and one in the cup. Home form isn't great and if we try playing out from the back like we did in the away game this season we're just asking for problems from memory that game as just a lot of self harm rather then Leicester ripping us apart.

I can't remember if Vardy is fit, did he go off their last game?

If he's playing I think we'll struggle.

He's doubtful for the game.

The last game kind of swung on a freak goal by Tielemens he overhit a cross that sailed over De Gea's head. He's had a lot of joy against us was excellent in the cup win they had over us last season as well he's the one we need to keep quiet.

Think we got the game back to 2-2 with a Rashford goal then basically conceded straight from kick off.

It was the game where Ole picked a half fit Maguire who had an absolute shocker of a game we were trying to play out from the back and it was going very badly.

Love to see Maguire get a late winner on Saturday, walk back to the halfway line with a raised middle-finger for the attention of the simpletons who thought it was acceptable for the Eng-er-land fans to boo him before and during the game a few days ago.

And I say that as an Englishman who doesn't give two sh*ts how England perform.

Not like ours haven't given him stick he was ironically cheered when subbed off in the last game.

No point giving it back to the fans in your celebration if you score enjoy the moment and hopefully match it up with a clean sheet.

As Roy Keane likes to say "Do your job"

Not like ours haven't given him stick he was ironically cheered when subbed off in the last game.

No point giving it back to the fans in your celebration if you score enjoy the moment and hopefully match it up with a clean sheet.

As Roy Keane likes to say "Do your job"

Well if he was ironically cheered by some United fans that's okay then. That was moronic as well.

Couldn't give two sh*ts what Keane, Neville, Scholes, Ferdinand et al say at the best of times, and they are partially responsible for the England fans turning on Maguire who has never let England down, in fact he's been one of their better performers for the last two years.

England and United both perform worse in Maguire's absence that's proven, but no let's ignore that, i've got some childish booing to do.

England and United both perform worse in Maguire's absence that's proven, but no let's ignore that, i've got some childish booing to do.
Think you are forgetting how unintelligent the booing imbeciles are. They don’t care what players have done in the past or conveniently forget.

Well if he was ironically cheered by some United fans that's okay then. That was moronic as well.

Couldn't give two sh*ts what Keane, Neville, Scholes, Ferdinand et al say at the best of times, and they are partially responsible for the England fans turning on Maguire who has never let England down, in fact he's been one of their better performers for the last two years.

Yeah he was given the ironic cheer when he was subbed for Mata vs Atletico. Honestly does my head in when we're turning on our own players just because they're in bad form. I mean give a lad some grief if he's not putting the work in but if he's making mistakes try and get behind him lift his head up rather than beat him while he's down.

Maguire should not be getting any stick for England performances the mans been a rock for that side ever since he came in and you could see by the response of his England team mates that they've got his back.

Shame his Utd team mates haven't been so forth coming to defend him he might be the captain but he's needed some help this season and not enough of them have stood up when it's mattered to get us out of bother. Honestly if the other centre backs could go 5 minutes without getting injured then Maguire would probably have lost his starting spot by now anyway.

The Leicester fans will be out for him on Saturday so he needs to be on top of his game.

Think you are forgetting how unintelligent the booing imbeciles are. They don’t care what players have done in the past or conveniently forget.

It's bad parenting, those that booed loudest the other night were probably Sons/Stepsons of the Neanderthals who booed the United lads playing for England in the late 90's.

Yeah he was given the ironic cheer when he was subbed for Mata vs Atletico. Honestly does my head in when we're turning on our own players just because they're in bad form. I mean give a lad some grief if he's not putting the work in but if he's making mistakes try and get behind him lift his head up rather than beat him while he's down.

Maguire should not be getting any stick for England performances the mans been a rock for that side ever since he came in and you could see by the response of his England team mates that they've got his back.

Shame his Utd team mates haven't been so forth coming to defend him he might be the captain but he's needed some help this season and not enough of them have stood up when it's mattered to get us out of bother. Honestly if the other centre backs could go 5 minutes without getting injured then Maguire would probably have lost his starting spot by now anyway.

The Leicester fans will be out for him on Saturday so he needs to be on top of his game.

There was probably 10 minutes left after the Maguire substitution but the mood changed after the reaction to him going off, the crowd weren't as up for it as you'd expect, and some of the players heads visibly dropped, understandably, and the Atletico players/Manager picked up on it and it was quite comfortable for them to hang on from there on in.

It might have only been a small % of the fans jeering the substitution, but they let the club down big style in a match where we had to have the players/fans all pulling together against the masters of the dark arts - and no doubt they were the first on social media to diss the club/players/Manager afterwards. Obviously in the wrong queue when they were handing brains out some of them.

The TV/Radio stations dictate who says what, in response to what, and when, a United player couldn't just ring Sky and tell 'em to get off Maguires back, whether they wanted to, or not.

By and large United have still got knowledgeable match-going fans and if the Leicester fans get on his case he'll get a good level of support from the home fans, of that i'm sure, I think ....

DDG

Dalot Maguire Varane Shaw

Elanga McT Fred Sancho

Pogba Bruno

Rashford on the bench
Ronaldo misses the game through illness.

Maguire & Varane have swapped sides

This has the air of an end of season game where no-one really cares. It’s so ponderous and slow.

Great to be back eh?

It's really bad. You don't even quite know where to start. As bad as rashford has been he has to come on up front and at least try and work the centre backs

Yep Rashford needs to come on even if he has been dreadful of late.

This team looks so broken and lacking in confidence.

McTominay lucky to be on the pitch and then reminds us how awful he is at passing the ball.

Get him off for Rashford

Another top quality performance from Ragnick and his boys.

Oh it’s so so horrible.

Summed up when Elanga stole it off Rashford at the death.

No fight, no character, no urgency, no Champions League!

Got to say, I'm not surprised.

Probably a better result than I expected

Gained a point on Chelsea I suppose.

And top marks to Sky, having the daughter of Kenny Dalglish, a guy who played most of his career at Liverpool, and a guy who played most of his football at Leicester City and Liverpool in the studio, and none of them are gonna miss an opportunity to have a go at United, bravo.

At least we had Gary Neville in the commentary team, oh hang on ....

Do you think anyone, United or not, should have some positives to say about that performance or selection?

That's not the point, the studio guest were picked well in advance.

Opposition had more possesion and clear cut chances to score than us
De Gea pulls off a worldy to keep us in the game
Opposition player states we were poor at pressing
Opposition manager gutted not to leave OT with 3 points
Sound familiar?

I don't even know what to say really. They lack fight and character. They shy away from a challenge (I don't mean a tackle just to be clear).

It's the manager, he's made a poor side worse.

Can't believe that formation yesterday or the amount of players who aren't happy

We've tried that formation before. It didn't work and got changed at half time. Let's give it another go.

Lads this was inevitable same way it was in Ole’s first season the season will fizzle out just a sad reality as so many of these players are leaving they don’t care what tournament Utd are in next season.

Ronaldo not being available means no striker and before anyone says Rashford have you watched that lad for the last 12 months? I like the kid but he’s been rotten recently he was also almost the perfect impact sub until Elanga got in his way at the end.

I only saw the first half and it was very dull neither side had any cutting edge Bruno was the only one making anything happen and Pogba didn’t have a clue what to do Up top which isn’t a surprise.

Maybe a little bit fortunate to get the point but that is it now even if Spurs/Arsenal both drop points we’ve failed to really punish their slip ups.

I just hope things really do change this summer and there is a huge clear out with a new coach and new players to get behind.

United just need a clear out. Get rid of the big egos. Get rid of the players on bloated wages who aren't worth it. Have a complete gutting of the club and rebuild from there. Until they do that they aren't going to see improved results long term.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back