Premier League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Leeds

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Tricky opening game you know Leeds will be bang up for this and they’re always a fit side so Utd will need to be at it.

In terms of available players we wait to hear on Varane (assume it needs to be registered today), Henderson is out with Covid, Telles I think is unfit, Cavani isn’t yet out of isolation and Rashford is out following his op. Not sure about Bailey/Amad after the Olympics assume they will be straight back to the club after any necessary quarantine.

Predicted XI

De Gea

AWB Varane Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Bruno James

Martial

I think he will start James just for the work rate he brings vs Leeds in midfield i think he sticks with McFred don’t see him putting in Matic or Pogba in this game. Big chance for Martial to get off to a flier he had a stinker last season needs to get back near his best this season.

Really hope we get a winning start this season last season the start was a disaster.

Interestingly Varane is still not available to select in the Fantasy team. I don't think Varane will start.

---------------DeGea--------------
AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Shaw
-------McTominay---VDB------
Greenwood---Bruno-----Pogba
------------Martial------------

It's kind of ridiculous that Cavani isn't out of isolation, than any player isn't ready to be selected for the start of the season, really. I don't think Ole will pick the team I selected. Last time I thought Leeds were going to pants us and we stuffed them, so I'll say the same thing this time: Leeds will pants us.

I think the team against Leeds will be very different to the team we see all season.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Matic

Donny Bruno

James Greenwood Martial

You guys really don't think Pogba will start, eh? That says a lot about us and Pogba. He's one of the best players in the world yet we won't start him against a team that finished in what, 8th? last season.

You guys really don't think Pogba will start, eh? That says a lot about us and Pogba. He's one of the best players in the world yet we won't start him against a team that finished in what, 8th? last season.

I think he starts the team that played the last preseason game. I'd have Pogba ahead of Donny in my best 11. And Cavani, Varane and Sancho in the side but none have been back in training long enough.

Not sure why Pogba was given an extended break.

Somehow I thought we beat them by a wide margin but now it appears it was 1-0. I'll take a 1-0.
Edit: we did beat them 6-2 in this fixture last season. I saw a graphic that had the last 5 meetings between the clubs and it had a 1-0. I was either looking at it wrong or they had an old graphic. Anyway, I'll gladly take a 6-2.

Sancho will be on the bench I reckon can’t see him starting.

As with last season's game with Leeds, I have absolutely no idea of what will happen. It does depend on whether we (and they) turn up. they can be excellent - and, as with last season, hardly know what that round thing is that the opposition are kicking about!

Can't see Varane playing any part of this. I'd like to see Sancho given a start to get both the team and the fans right up for it - have a funny feeling it might be another McFred day... with Donny get his usual 90 seconds at the end! (seriously, i think he might get a game)

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McT Fred

James Bruno Pogba

Greenwood

I guess it was more or less what was expected. Can't help feeling frustrated that we are supposed to have had a good transfer window but we are putting out possibly a weaker team than we ended the season with.

Sorry but any fan who thinks United can win the league this year... Just look at that starting line up. You can't win the league or major silverware because you are still a couple of signings away and Ole is your manager.

Sorry but any fan who thinks United can win the league this year... Just look at that starting line up. You can't win the league or major silverware because you are still a couple of signings away and Ole is your manager.

Yeah it's not like we are missing Varane, Sancho, Rashford or Cavani and this is our best 11. Can we get game 1 out the way before the negativity starts?

Yeah it's not like we are missing Varane, Sancho, Rashford or Cavani and this is our best 11. Can we get game 1 out the way before the negativity starts?
I'm just pointing out... Sure you've got key players missing but when you've got a midfield that contains those options and a manager like Ole you'll fall short.

I'm just pointing out... Sure you've got key players missing but when you've got a midfield that contains those options and a manager like Ole you'll fall short.

Maybe give Ole the first half of the first game of the season before the abuse starts though eh.

You've spent the off season agreeing he's done a good job the moment the ball is kicked your straight on his back again.

We could win this 7-0 and you'd have something Ole's done wrong because he's not Pep.

The players are awful and he finished second. He can't be that bad. Or the players aren't as bad as you're making out.

So much Ole negativity. He’s done absolute wonders since he was appointed - any United fan can see that. Sure it’s been said many times before, he may not be the man to lead us to that next level but by gosh he’s deserved to be given the opportunity to do so.

Anywhoo excellent first half despite the absolute awful and dreadful line up we’ve put out. McT playing really well and overall decent.

Welcome back. A lot of positives with the way we've played so far. Started very well, that early game sluggishness nowhere in sight. Player movement and passing was excellent in the opening stages.

Some old problems/issues still with us, though. Fred has been anonymous or a passenger, and Dan James tries his little heart out but just doesn't have it. The opening 10 minutes James looked like he was finding the right spaces but he's had the ball at his feet in dangerous situations 3 or 4 times first half and wasted every opportunity. When Jadon comes on in 2nd half that should be the last time the weight of playing as a United winger will fall on his shoulders.

McTominay having an impressive first half. Bruno and Pogba linking up sexy as hell. Our back line looks solid. Lindelof has upped his game. Maybe Varane's arrival will be the kick up his backside he needed. DeGea made a couple good saves, keeping it simple.

Pogba missed a fairly easy 1v1, Leeds missed a couple good chances. We are rightfully on top but it could be 3-1 easily already. It's been a really fun game to watch. Entertaining first half.

Yeah it was pretty good half. A lot of good performances. Dan James is safe but not really top level. Did not really notice Fred at all, but other than that a good half. I suspect we will need to keep that performance going though, too often last season we were a one half team. Thought Greenwood was good up top.

Sounded good on the radio, Dan seems to struggle with his decision making. Probably see 15 mins of Sancho
Pass from Pogba sounded quality, and that's what he offers.

But the noise for Varane sounded awesome, sounded like he loved it too, taking a selfie

Just seen his insta, weather looks grim, about 36 here today boys :cool::p

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back