Premier League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Arsenal ~ Thu 2nd Dec 8.15 KO

It’s amazing we’ve spent so much money but still look a whole load of crap a lot of the time!

Very good goal from Bruno.

A mixed half. Started poorly, gifted a goal away then grew into the game. However, Arsenal sat back a bit and that's helped us. I expect them to be more on the front foot when the second half starts.

Rashford has been poor. He needs to work harder. As has McT, who's on a yellow.

De Gea poor for their goal. Put Sancho on the right. I hope Rashford is not carrying an injury

End to end at the moment.

Lingard coming on.

Rashford off. He's had a couple of moments in the second half, but he's looked off the pace mentally and physically.

Good win, good game.

Bruno, Ronnie, Maguire, all did well. Felt Sancho did ok, but should've been on the right.

Strangely, after standing on De Gea's ankle, Fred was the motm.

Maguire did a great job driving us forward after we went one down. Had a vital role in the equaliser.

We even spotted them a goal to start, and they still lost. Classic Arsenal. Referee was garbage tonight. Nice goals from Bruno and Ronaldo, and nice pen. 801 in your face.

Yep good game. Some good performances tonight from Bruno, Fred and Maguire - even Dalot looked decent to be honest.

Not a bad little caretaker stint from Carrick - not bad at all.

Good game, I thought our full backs did better than first picks recent performances. Maguire looked the player I thought we were getting. Victor did well too.

Bruno also back to his best

Thought they all played well, Fred did a few Fred things but was outnumbered by many more good things. Rashford looked off it.

Surprised Greenwood didn't get on for Rashford.

Enjoyable watch, deserved win. Mr Perpetual motion probably man of the match, soz Ronny, and Martin Atkinson.

Missed the game only caught the highlights when I got home.

Very strange goal for their first one but I guess by the rules the goal has to stand don't think Smith-Rowe knew the keeper was down so was well within his rights to have the shot.

It's a huge win the 3 points gets us heading back in the right direction lets hope the new guy settles in and we can build a bit of a winning streak to really climb back up that table.

With regards to the first goal, Atkinson is facing the goal and sees DeGea go down, then the ball is cleared in the air. He doesn't turn around to watch play, he stays watching DeGea. Atkinson's positioning also gives Smith-Rowe a screen for shooting. What Atkinson should have done was as soon as the ball was cleared and that "passage of play" was over, he should have whistled. He doesn't know at that point what happened to DeGea, whether he was fouled, a teammate trod on him, or he pulled a hammy on his own. It doesn't matter. I saw someone else mentioning they had a similar thing happen and their own player stepped on his heel like that and broke his ankle. So at that moment, the ref sees a player down injured and the immediate goal threat is over. He should have whistled. Keepers get special treatment all the time. If they are injured and a phys comes on to see them, they are allowed to either stay on the pitch or they walk off right by the goal and come back on immediately, unlike any outfield player. Keepers are also protected more on challenges than outfield players. If DeGea would have grabbed his head between his hands, then Atkinson would have explicitly been required to halt play, but as DeGea didn't "sell" the foul, the ref didn't. We can hate Luis Suarez (rightly) for many things, but every time he got fouled anywhere he went down clutching his face, forcing the refs to award the kick. I feel for DeGea. I had something happen when I was a keeper where the attacker shot the ball straight into my nose and I thought I broke it. Blood ran down my face and I yelled for the ref to halt play, but he didn't, and they came back and scored. Anyway.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back