Premier League 2021/22: Leicester City vs Man Utd ~ Sat 16th Oct 3pm KO

We are like Aston Villa with Ronaldo in attack. Except we lost to Aston Villa, so I guess we're like Crystal Palace? All these great players who play together like a bunch of fecking strangers. I do fault Ole for playing Maguire though, clearly not ready or else he's done as a PL defender. I'm hoping he just wasn't ready to come back. Shame it ruined Greenwood's brilliant goal and spoiled Rashie's return. This is frustrating. I really do think our team relies purely on individual magic, there does not seem to be any fecking plan when we attack.

Its not just the defence though is it. Almost every game the opposition just pass through the line of our midfield. Social media has been begging this week for Matic and Pogba but is is an awful midfield 2. Unfortunately any 2 is awful.

So let’s deal with one thing first that Tielemens goal was an absolute fluke but as soon as that went in our heads were gone.

As for the rest another game where Utd get 1-0 up and then completely collapse. We’d been struggling to contain them before their goal but our reaction to them scoring was embarrassing. We had absolutely con control in that game they ripped us to shreds.

All game Tielemens was just dropping passes that took out our entire midfield, we didn’t get near Maddison all game and their 2 strikers forced mistakes from our defenders.

Going forward we were dreadful it was the Mason Greenwood show that was the only way a goal might come him creating something for himself.

The defending was an absolute sh*t show last week we let in a goal from a corner this week it was our own free kick 10 yards from our goal then from a kick off. There was zero urgency and our d*cking around at the back cost us today.

As for Ole he needs to grow some balls Ronaldo has to be subbed in that game he was awful, same could have been said for Bruno but no instead the attacking subs come on for Sancho and Greenwood. I honestly don’t think he had the stomach to make that change.

I get Sancho coming off, he had no real impact on the game, but Greenwood represented our only real goal threat. I think Sancho is having a bit of a confidence issue, he is taking the easy options, just as Ole did with his subs

I get Sancho coming off, he had no real impact on the game, but Greenwood represented our only real goal threat. I think Sancho is having a bit of a confidence issue, he is taking the easy options, just as Ole did with his subs

It was still more than Ronaldo was up against 3 centre backs he was getting nowhere why not try a front 3 that are all fast, can press and unsettle them with some better movement.

To be fair he’s very rarely able to get on the ball in attacking areas because we lose it before it’s even reached him.

Where do we start.......

The scoreline did not flatter Leicester at all.

We don't press, we are not compact, can't defend or attack as a team, no high or low block, can't pass between the lines, can't pass in simple triangles to work space or get out of trouble, fail to pass quickly (annoys me how we always leave it so late to pass the ball when the opponent is almost on us), too passive and do not control games, do not create enough clear chances, and have no pattern to phases of play. Our only system of play is: De Gea to CB/FB, run forward a few paces then check back and pass to FB/CB, get pressured by opponent so pass back to De Gea who kicks it long and possesion is lost. Repeat ad infinitum over 90 mins.

We had a favourable run of fixtures at the start of the season and if we are completely honest have an easy Champions League group. To be struggling in the league and Champions league is not a great reflection on Ole. Our first team is full of established internationals and the failure to get any form or style from this squad is disappointing. Liverpool next week could be horrible.

We need to scrap 4-2-3-1 iimediately. There is continually far too much space between the front 4 and the rest of the team, and Ronaldo is the wrong number 9 for this team when service is lacking and you need to press the opposition. If Ole hasn't got the balls to sub Ronaldo for the good of the team then he is not the right man. I think we need 4-4-2 to give the midfield 2 some support (maybe 4-4-1-1). We invariably lose possesion between our back 6 six players which leaves the front 4 marooned regularly throughtout a game.

As I have said before, we have stabilsed and progressed to a point under Ole, however we have stagnated for quite a while now. I don't think Ole will be here in December - we could conceivably lose all our next 8 games.

Where do we start.......

The scoreline did not flatter Leicester at all.

We don't press, we are not compact, can't defend or attack as a team, no high or low block, can't pass between the lines, can't pass in simple triangles to work space or get out of trouble, fail to pass quickly (annoys me how we always leave it so late to pass the ball when the opponent is almost on us), too passive and do not control games, do not create enough clear chances, and have no pattern to phases of play. Our only system of play is: De Gea to CB/FB, run forward a few paces then check back and pass to FB/CB, get pressured by opponent so pass back to De Gea who kicks it long and possesion is lost. Repeat ad infinitum over 90 mins.

We had a favourable run of fixtures at the start of the season and if we are completely honest have an easy Champions League group. To be struggling in the league and Champions league is not a great reflection on Ole. Our first team is full of established internationals and the failure to get any form or style from this squad is disappointing. Liverpool next week could be horrible.

We need to scrap 4-2-3-1 iimediately. There is continually far too much space between the front 4 and the rest of the team, and Ronaldo is the wrong number 9 for this team when service is lacking and you need to press the opposition. If Ole hasn't got the balls to sub Ronaldo for the good of the team then he is not the right man. I think we need 4-4-2 to give the midfield 2 some support (maybe 4-4-1-1). We invariably lose possesion between our back 6 six players which leaves the front 4 marooned regularly throughtout a game.

As I have said before, we have stabilsed and progressed to a point under Ole, however we have stagnated for quite a while now. I don't think Ole will be here in December - we could conceivably lose all our next 8 games.

Loving your unwavering support.

Just seen match of the day.
What a horror show.
Maguire at fault for 3 of those.

Also, their first, that was a cross

Just seen match of the day.
What a horror show.
Maguire at fault for 3 of those.

Also, their first, that was a cross
I thought it was a cross at first but not so sure.. the fourth was never a free kick but we were awful and deserved what we got. No tactics, no plan, passion. Every praising DDg - I thought he was at fault for (was it) the third? Using his feet again... and his pass out to Maguire was under-hit and sloppy - Maguire's waiting for it to reach him was just as bad. AWB was caught of position time and again - as usual. No clean sheets in 19 should tell even national Conference manager all he needs to know

Just watched the game back that first goal we let in was an absolute mess.

1) Pogba should never take the kick especially sideways given where Leicester were Lindelof had no choice but to go back to De Gea as he’s got no pass into midfield and Vardy is on him.
2) De Gea’s ball to Maguire was under hit but I think he made the right pass his only other option was launch it which clearly isn’t the instructions from our managers.
3) Maguire clearly under estimated how close Iheanacho was to him he should have met that ball and just cleared it up field.

Second goal

Set piece the bounces went Leicester’s way on that one can’t blame individuals on that one.

Third goal

1) Utd just not switched on from kick off they are ready to play we are not.
2) AWB if you go like that you need to be taking the ball or you run down the line with the player I think it was a rash decision.
3) McTominay let’s Perez run off his shoulder wasn’t aware of the movement caught ball watching.
4) McTominey then let’s Perez dribble into the box to easily by backing off and fails to block the cross
5) Maguire loses Vardy who’s clever holds out in space when normally he’d rush to the 6 yard line, Maguire actually sees him do it and ignores it instead going back to the 6 yard line and he pulls off a ridiculous finish.

Fourth Goal

1) AWB actually does well but he reads Vardy’s run and beats him but he then dicks around on the ball and gives away a free kick, Vardy is clever steps across and wins the foul.
2) Pogba misses the header front post and it breaks to the guy at the back post.

This was just the goals but there were plenty of other times where we were all over the place when defending and were ripped apart.

We let in 4 and the keeper was probably our best player that’s a horror show.

Just watched the game back that first goal we let in was an absolute mess.

1) Pogba should never take the kick especially sideways given where Leicester were Lindelof had no choice but to go back to De Gea as he’s got no pass into midfield and Vardy is on him.
2) De Gea’s ball to Maguire was under hit but I think he made the right pass his only other option was launch it which clearly isn’t the instructions from our managers.
3) Maguire clearly under estimated how close Iheanacho was to him he should have met that ball and just cleared it up field.

Second goal

Set piece the bounces went Leicester’s way on that one can’t blame individuals on that one.

Third goal

1) Utd just not switched on from kick off they are ready to play we are not.
2) AWB if you go like that you need to be taking the ball or you run down the line with the player I think it was a rash decision.
3) McTominay let’s Perez run off his shoulder wasn’t aware of the movement caught ball watching.
4) McTominey then let’s Perez dribble into the box to easily by backing off and fails to block the cross
5) Maguire loses Vardy who’s clever holds out in space when normally he’d rush to the 6 yard line, Maguire actually sees him do it and ignores it instead going back to the 6 yard line and he pulls off a ridiculous finish.

Fourth Goal

1) AWB actually does well but he reads Vardy’s run and beats him but he then dicks around on the ball and gives away a free kick, Vardy is clever steps across and wins the foul.
2) Pogba misses the header front post and it breaks to the guy at the back post.

This was just the goals but there were plenty of other times where we were all over the place when defending and were ripped apart.

We let in 4 and the keeper was probably our best player that’s a horror show.
If I remember correctly, for the fourth goal Maguire is marking Daka and lets the player run off him.

It's an honest assessment of what I am currently seeing.

Fair enough, with my positivity knickers on I'll counter with we could conceivably win our next 8 games with the array of talent we have up top, and then what will the Ole Outers have to moan about?

I'm sure they'd find something.

If I remember correctly, for the fourth goal Maguire is marking Daka and lets the player run off him.

Daka did run off the back of him but the flick fell perfectly for him and he bundled it in.

The point was not to absolve Maguire of his role in the goals just to highlight that there was so much going on that made them bad goals to let in, it wasn’t just one man out their making mistakes.

Fair enough, with my positivity knickers on I'll counter with we could conceivably win our next 8 games with the array of talent we have up top, and then what will the Ole Outers have to moan about?

I'm sure they'd find something.
That's your opinion and I respect that but what have you seen from our team over the last 3 years to think this is even a remote possibility?

Apparently, in the last 20 games United have won back to back games on one occasion. United are not going to win 8 on the bounce.

That's your opinion and I respect that but what have you seen from our team over the last 3 years to think this is even a remote possibility?

Not a lot to be honest, but we have had several 5/6 game winning runs since Ole came back, and it's still more likely than us losing 8 on the spin that's for sure.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back