Premier League 2021/22: Burnley vs Man Utd ~ Tue 8th Feb 8pm

Enjoyable game of football.

Can understand the Varane goal being chalked off but the own goal? Do me a favour!

Should be out of sight already but again another promising performance.

Bit of chat knocking about that Cavani rather than Ronaldo is making a difference.

Bit of chat knocking about that Cavani rather than Ronaldo is making a difference.

Same as the Friday night game to be honest created plenty of chances but not made them count.

Cavani failed to score from 1 yard was smothered by Pope but still A yard out.

Shaw and Sancho have been running riot down the left.

Exactly like f*cking Friday night 1-1

Maguire sent for a hot dog by their striker with that turn.

De Gea makes himself tiny gives the striker the entire goal to aim at.

We really are a team full of absolute c*cks

Kind of felt like that was just going to happen didn't it. Completely undeserved that and just seems to be how things are going for United at the moment. United need to respond now.

Saw that coming with the two disallowed goals. As for Cavani bloody criminal him and Sancho on the counter and he's jogging, as much to blame as Shaw for their goal for his lack of effort. I;d have him of immediately.

Saw that coming with the two disallowed goals. As for Cavani bloody criminal him and Sancho on the counter and he's jogging, as much to blame as Shaw for their goal for his lack of effort. I;d have him of immediately.
I really don't think he's put in a shift today at all. Been very unimpressed with Cavani so far.

What is it with United not being able to sustain a good performance? They do it for patches but can't sustain it. Burnley on the front foot now. United need to gather themselves.

What is it with United not being able to sustain a good performance? They do it for patches but can't sustain it. Burnley on the front foot now. United need to gather themselves.

They aren’t very good is the simple answer they have a spell every game where they switch off mentally and give the opponent the initiative top sides just don’t do that.

Let’s see how their character stands up to this challenge calm down and get a grip of the game and pile on the pressure.

They aren’t very good is the simple answer they have a spell every game where they switch off mentally and give the opponent the initiative top sides just don’t do that.
I mean second half yeah they've been pretty poor so far. Still plenty of time for them but Burnley look a little more menacing now.

Get Cavani off. Anyone saying he's looked good wants to go and get an eye test.

Get Cavani off. Anyone saying he's looked good wants to go and get an eye test.
The chat wasn't that he's looked good, more his energy and mobility suit us more than Ronaldo staticness. If that's a word.

So more to do with team set up
But it does sound like a Ronaldo moment could be needed tonight, it's been a while

Honestly I don't know why people think Maguire is of the right calibre to be at a team who want to contend for major silverware. I don't see anything that he does that's at a high level and i never have.

Maguire’s head has gone here just like it did at Watford.

If Lindelof is fit he should be starting

The chat wasn't that he's looked good, more his energy and mobility suit us more than Ronaldo staticness. If that's a word.

So more to do with team set up
But it does sound like a Ronaldo moment could be needed tonight, it's been a while

He's had no energy or mobility tonight. Looks like he's still on a beach in Uruguay. It should have been 2-0 just before they scored but he's jogging along without a care in the world.

I mean second half yeah they've been pretty poor so far. Still plenty of time for them but Burnley look a little more menacing now.

because we’ve let their confidence grow by getting rattled.

A tiny bit of pressure gets applied to Utd and they crack been this way all season, mentally weak.

Not much looking to the bench.

the two centre mids have faded but only option is Matic.

Rashford hasn’t been in the game at all second half maybe look to Elanga.

Lingard on for McTominay

They are going to drop more points here aren't they. To a team struggling. What a terrible second half performance.

Rashford off for Elanga 15 minutes to late if you ask me.

Bad decisions from the refs cost us first half but we’ve given it away second half Burnley upped the tempo a bit and we haven’t matched it created absolutely zilch.

I just don't see the mental strength in this United team. If things go slightly against them they fold to an extent. That's been the case for a while now with so many semi final and final losses.

So disappointing supporting united at the moment.

Long way off

Referee and his team want dropping after that performance though.

So question for United fans... Do you feel as far off as you have at any point since Fergie retired? I mean I really did think things were moving in the right direction over the last year or two but this year has been a complete disaster. And they likely don't get top 4 at this point and what then? They won't be able to sign the players they need to close the gap.

Sigh. Another disappointing night. Should have been out of sight in the first half and again a lethargic second half performance has let the opponent back in.

Still two criminal VAR decisions in the past two games that have cost us.

So question for United fans... Do you feel as far off as you have at any point since Fergie retired? I mean I really did think things were moving in the right direction over the last year or two but this year has been a complete disaster. And they likely don't get top 4 at this point and what then? They won't be able to sign the players they need to close the gap.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt we were close to the top post Fergie we’ve become a side that scraps for top 4 finishes in the last decade.

Right now just feels like the seasons over we won’t get top 4 and it’s another rebuilding from scratch job.

I still don't know why the OG was ruled out. That was a very bizarre decision.
Honestly who knows. If we give fouls for every little bit of contact then what’s the point. The Tarkowski challenge on Rashford in the penalty area was more of a foul. Officials don’t know what they are doing half the time.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back