Premier League 2021/22: Brighton vs Man Utd ~ Sat 7th May 17.30KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Got a very end of season kick about feel to it this one neither side really with anything to play for Utd probably need a win to guarantee their top 6 finish and europa league football.

Brighton have actually picked up a bit after a horrible run after Christmas only lost one of their last 6 games which has seen them climb back into the top half.

Injury news wise for Utd would assume Fred is not fit enough to start and the club confirmed both Maguire and AWB have returned to training this week so could be available for the game at the weekend.

Don't think we'll see the kids in this one with the youth cup final on the horizon next Wednesday a few might go just to fill the bench but I don't expect any to feature in the match.

DDG

Dalot Varane Lindelof Telles

McTominay Fred

Elanga Bruno Lingard

Ronaldo.

Expect it to be similar to Brentford a bit end to end hopefully Utd are more clinical with their chances and get the win. That has been Brighton's major downfall they create loads of chances in matches but they aren't very clinical with them.

Unnamed squad.

1-0 down.

Commentators said we've only lose one of the eleven games Varane and Maguire have started together. The fitness is an issue in that our best partnership have only played together 11 times.

Brighton are clearly very well coached - we are sadly not.

I would just get the kids on and just give them a shot.

If you are going to play with that lack of intensity you had better be brilliant on the ball. We are shocking at keeping the ball. Elanga had been poor. The midfield has been terrible. Centre defence shocking. I wouldn't pay telles in monopoly money.

Mind you that referee could not wait to book Ronaldo could he.

Please never let anyone say Maguire is the issue with our defending ever again.

He’s been just as much of an issue this season. He isn’t changing this result - the team is absolutely cooked.

He’s been just as much of an issue this season. He isn’t changing this result - the team is absolutely cooked.
I personally don't think he has been worse than the others but what I do know is lindelof and varane have been getting away with murder while everyone had been piling on Maguire

I personally don't think he has been worse than the others but what I do know is lindelof and varane have been getting away with murder while everyone had been piling on Maguire

This. Defending like today's is just unacceptable but people will give it a pass because Maguire isn't playing. If he'd played Lindelofs role in today's goals there'd be memes all over the shop about it already.

Brighton have scored 12 at home all season. Could have had 12 against us today.

Guess that’s the issue - put any of our two defenders together and it’s been just as shocking as the pair before them. There is just no coaching and no organisation.

Brighton have spared us utter humiliation. This could of been 6 or 7 if they really wanted it.

Brighton are clearly very well coached - we are sadly not.

I would just get the kids on and just give them a shot.

They're been playing like this all season. Usually just can't finish. It's why I've been saying Potter is my pick for our next manager.

They're been playing like this all season. Usually just can't finish. It's why I've been saying Potter is my pick for our next manager.
Yeah really good young coach who will definitely move onto bigger things.

Just got to hope ETH is as good as his reputation suggests because this rebuild is massive in size.

What an utter embarrassment and disgrace this team really is. If Ten Hag doesn't have a wholesale clear out then he's done for from the start.

I don't think he'd join city.

And be wouldn't fit there, he'd spend most of his time on the bench

Because all our cb's are terrible, it doesn't make Maguire a good player. He's not, he's terrible. Along with the rest of the defence.

You look at this squad and the project is huge. We a new starting 11. Shocking.

Look at the positives only 1 more game to watch this team.

They were taken to the cleaners yesterday by a team that not only run them off the pitch they matched it with skill by working together they look like they have extra players whereas Utd looked like they were playing with 10.

exactly the same issues we had vs chelsea only difference was they punished us when Chelsea didn’t.

Yep only one more game is music to my ears. I put myself though game after game but it is a real tough watch.

Least we get a weekend off next week.

I thought this team couldn't get worse, and then they did. Mostly made up of idlers content to stroll through games and still pick up their money. Leaderless, no passion, no intensity, no pride. An absolute disgrace. I wouldn't be sorry to see any of them go elsewhere. Massive rebuilding job needed.

The best part of this season will be the transfer window, and not who's coming in, who we can shift

The best part of this season will be the transfer window, and not who's coming in, who we can shift
I also can't wait for the transfer window. I want new players in and all this crap players out. This is my only expectation at the moment. End this season fast, forget the pain of it and start the rebuild.

Guess that’s the issue - put any of our two defenders together and it’s been just as shocking as the pair before them. There is just no coaching and no organisation.

Brighton have spared us utter humiliation. This could of been 6 or 7 if they really wanted it.
Could have been 7 last season, we went there flying high on confidence and Brighton scored 2 and hit the post 5 times.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back