Premier League 2021/22: Aston Villa vs Man Utd ~ Sat 15th Jan 17.30 KO

We aren't seriously blaming Ole for the fact you lot drove him out of the club? It's in a much better place than when you drove Jose out and I told you that you'll quickly drive the next manager out.

it's embarrassing that the manager doesn't think Maguire is in our best 11, or the majority of fans, or just people here? Varane was at fault today, not your whipping boy Lindelof. I would persist with Lindelof & Varane as the first choice CB pairing. If you think Maguire could have stood up any of Watkins, Ings, or Coutinho when they dribbled at him, you are simply smoking some heavy stuff.

Neither CB was helped by both fullbacks being well out of position for the goals, which is an effect of having the press high up the pitch and not having our midfield magic duo of Matic & Fred do anything of note to slow down or stop the attack.

Our first 35 minutes were entertaining and we looked like a different team. Then Villa got back into it and it was a steady decline from that moment forward. Subs way, way too late, and wrong subs (Greenwood and Bruno should have stayed on), even if it meant changing shape.

Elanga keeps both Rashford and Sancho out of the side for the foreseeable future. You'd think he was the 100 million import and Sancho the youth team player getting a chance.

Maguire deals with the ball in Coutinho scores from 99 times out of 100.

Why would that be a joke? Why do you fail to see the failings of Solskjaer? It is actually quite ridiculous how blinded you are.

The failings? He's literally improved the side to pretend he didn't is nonsense. You yourself have said he improved the side.

The failings? He's literally improved the side to pretend he didn't is nonsense. You yourself have said he improved the side.
But to pretend he left this squad in a good state is laughable. He's actually left united in a bad position overall despite the love fest you want to give him.

Oh my days you are so freaking blind. You're as bad as my friend who's a Niners fan. Such rose tinted glasses.

No. What's bad is now people are blaming Ole when it's clear he improved the side. What's bad is people are so blind to how had Lindelof is positionally they just talk rubbish.

But to pretend he left this squad in a good state is laughable. He's actually left united in a bad position overall despite the love fest you want to give him.

Did he? You said 'With any other manager and this squad they would be challenging for the title'

Did he do a good job with a bad squad or leave us in a good position?

You cannot have it both ways.

No. What's bad is now people are blaming Ole when it's clear he improved the side. What's bad is people are so blind to how had Lindelof is positionally they just talk rubbish.
So what about the players he left behind who are going to leave on a free? What about his mismanagement of the GK position? What about his mismanagement of Lingard, VdB and Pogba? Get your head out of the arse of the club and see the reality.

Did he? You said 'With any other manager and this squad they would be challenging for the title'

Did he do a good job with a bad squad or leave us in a good position?

You cannot have it both ways.
He improved the overall direction of the club. He brought in some good signings (though it seems not as many as people thought). But he left issues.

So what about the players he left behind who are going to leave on a free? What about his mismanagement of the GK position? What about his mismanagement of Lingard, VdB and Pogba? Get your head out of the arse of the club and see the reality.

He didn't mismanage the goalkeeper position. He made it clear De Gea was his #1. He wanted Lingard to go and Lingard refused to. Again with Pogba there were no offers.

The only thing he got wrong was Donny. But talk is he didn't sign Donny and that's why he never used him and it's telling that Ralf isn't.

As for swearing at me. Grow up.

He improved the overall direction of the club. He brought in some good signings (though it seems not as many as people thought). But he left issues.

So he improved the club and left it in a better state than when he joined?

He mismanaged the GK position. And he let Lingard look for a new club just before the window shut then changed his mind. Ole made huge errors. Get your head out of his arse.

He mismanaged the GK position. And he let Lingard look for a new club just before the window shut then changed his mind. Ole made huge errors. Get your head out of his arse.

In terms of Lingard you're massively wrong. Ole told him to leave before the window even opened.

In terms of your abuse that's a second time and I'm done with the forum until you apologise.

Any other member continuously swearing at another isn't acceptable.

In terms of Lingard you're massively wrong. Ole told him to leave before the window even opened.

In terms of your abuse that's a second time and I'm done with the forum until you apologise.
You call that abuse? You delicately little flower bless you.

As I said you know the forum rules and they include not swearing at other members.
You may want to understand context. At no point did I swear at you you delicate little flower. Are you Gen X or Gen Z? Either way you'd be one of those who Ronaldo called out for not being able to take criticism.

Maguire deals with the ball in Coutinho scores from 99 times out of 100.
Maguire stands like a statue, then chases after Coutinho, grabs his shirt, then throws his hand up in the air for a phantom offside call. Your defense of Maguire is insane at this point.

Maguire stands like a statue, then chases after Coutinho, grabs his shirt, then throws his hand up in the air for a phantom offside call. Your defense of Maguire is insane at this point.
His defense of most things are insane. But hey it is OK he's done until I apologise for hurting his itty bitty feelings.

So much for Solskjaer leaving United in a better state than he did when he was appointed manager. He is still largely to blame for the issues with the squad.
I don't know if Ole really is to blame for the issues, I don't think the board ever backed him in transfers, for one. When we needed 3 or 4 players we brought in Sancho and Maguire, getting badly burned in both deals. VDB, as has been stated, was not Ole's choice. Ronaldo arriving has upset whatever harmony existed in the squad, whether by timing or attitude or structure, but it's clear Ronaldo has changed whatever fragile peace Ole had been able to secure.

I hated Jose and never wanted him here, I hated what he was doing to the club, and I hated the type of person he is (not just the outdated manager), so I was glad he got the sack. Ole's first 14 games were a beautiful honeymoon. I said at the time that this squad is not going to be champions with this manager and one of the two had to change (and also that Fred is never going to part of a title-winning side). We have largely the same squad and a better manager, but our glaring deficiencies were there before Ole. Our midfield has been woeful for years now, as even Fred and McTominay fans will admit. In a proper United side, neither get a look in, but for some reason we rely on them, and today, a 40 minute Matic.

Ole should have stood up to the board when he had the chance, he should have realized being agreeable and quiet would only end one way. The reality of the modern game is squads need constant refreshing with new players every window. Bringing in stopgaps like Cavani and Ronaldo, or even Telles, are not part of any sensible (or sustainable) strategy. The idea seemed to be that in a year or two's time, Rashford and Greenwood would benefit from watching the older players and would develop into a world class strike force. We've seen Rashford completely fall away and many now doubt if he should even be near the first team. I think Ole addressed the mentality and the attitude rot that had taken hold under Jose, but the coaching staff and the board and a lack of DoF are still holding us back.

Sorry for the long essay. I think Ole was a stopgap manager and helped stabilize a sinking ship. The board should have acted quicker in bringing in a world class manager and world class players, which is what we want, right? The board shows no intention of doing either.

It's silly to say Maguire would deal with it, we'd never know. The CB also did some good work that he could fouled up. You can never prove that stuff.
What we do know is Maguire's form is gash

His defense of most things are insane. But hey it is OK he's done until I apologise for hurting his itty bitty feelings.
I'm involved in a few other fan groups, and in none of them is anyone defending Maguire like we see here. No one vilifies Lindelof like gets done on here either.

I'm involved in a few other fan groups, and in none of them is anyone defending Maguire like we see here. No one vilifies Lindelof like gets done on here either.
I don't think either are great but I don't think there is much between them.

I actually did think it was time for Ole to go. However all i heard for the last 6 weeks of his reign was how this is a premier league winning squad that a good coach could turn round in a fortnight. Of course Ralf and whoever takes over from him need to be afforded time, but I am not really seeing the master tactician everybody was raving about.

I actually did think it was time for Ole to go. However all i heard for the last 6 weeks of his reign was how this is a premier league winning squad that a good coach could turn round in a fortnight. Of course Ralf and whoever takes over from him need to be afforded time, but I am not really seeing the master tactician everybody was raving about.
I think on paper this team should be a contender. But of course on paper doesn't lead to titles. And that's the issue. I'm not sure Ole built a real squad.

I think on paper this team should be a contender. But of course on paper doesn't lead to titles. And that's the issue. I'm not sure Ole built a real squad.
This squad is absolutely nowhere near being a contender. A lot of the players are not good enough and there appears to be a lack of character throughout the team, which if anything seems to have gone worse since Ralf took over.

To me the big big issue is the midfield. I think it is ridiculous that United thought they could contend with that midfield and I said that in the summer.

I have been saying it for about 10 years. All our midfield players are decent squad players but we desperately need some real quality in there. Also think we need a centre half and a world class centre forward. Probably a right back too.

I have been saying it for about 10 years. All our midfield players are decent squad players but we desperately need some real quality in there. Also think we need a centre half and a world class centre forward. Probably a right back too.
We are a mid table club with our current players. 7th sounds about right. Bruno's amazing penalty streak distracted us from some of the real problems the squad has. If we are going to play high up the pitch with attacking fullbacks, this isn't the squad to do that.

I'd focus on midfield first. Theoretically we have forwards ready (Martial, Greenwood) or waiting in the wings (Hoogewerf, Hugill, McNeill), but our midfield is lightweight and not skilled enough in possession or passing to make a difference really who is up top.

Not to buy at least one midfielder in the summer was criminal and ultimately Solskjaer’s undoing.

@Cosmic Slop, Solskjaer spent £500m. He was backed.

Not to buy at least one midfielder in the summer was criminal and ultimately Solskjaer’s undoing.

@Cosmic Slop, Solskjaer spent £500m. He was backed.
Absolutely. Quite why they have a blind spot when it comes to the midfield I'm really not sure. To me it is the most important position on the park. Sure the goalscorers are vital but the midfield is the heart beat of the team. The midfield dictates, controls, protects and sets the tempo.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back