Premier League 2021/22: Arsenal vs Man Utd ~ Sat 23rd Apr 12:30 KO

De Gea
Dalot Varane Lindelof Telles
McTominay Bruno Matic
Elanga Ronaldo Sancho

4-3-3 just for Lordkluivert :D

And the bench:

Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Jones, Maguire, Mata, Rashford, Lingard and Garnacho.

The right call to drop Maguire head must be all over the place with the bomb scare stuff.

I still think the clubs response on that hasn’t been strong enough unless I’ve missed it a statement needs to go out that anyone involved will face a lifetime ban from the club on top of whatever charges the police bring.

Going to be a very tough day at the office here can Ronaldo spark them into life as he so often has as this Arsenal team will look to get after us we have to stay strong and together.

Bruno is captain.

0-1 absolute dogsh*t.

Very rarely do you see 3 of your back 4 balls up on one goal but we seem to be doing it every bloody week.

Reaction to going behind has been good no doubt we will chuck them another goal soon.

These refs need sorting out.

There was nothing in that challenge that was any different to what happened to Elanga earlier in the game.

You can’t have one reviewed and not the other.

Been a cracking game to be fair. Very similar to the game between us at OT but just Arsenal in from this time.

I think it’s been pretty even overall.

Been entertaining. Arsenal look a threat when they aren't dithering about with it at the back. United edging possession and do look to be a threat for sure. Elanga should have had a pen as it was similar in terms of contact to the Saka incident.

Bruno taking the pens in his form is a joke, especially as Ronaldo is scoring at the moment.

Could have cost 3 points

The refs in this game have been a joke.

Elanga bundled over twice in the box no reviews.

Also, that has to be offside on the third goal he’s stood directly between De Gea and the guy taking the shot.

Fickle bunch fans aren’t we? Yes a bad season but come on, he’s been brilliant since he arrived here.
You can go with your brillant Bruno too. He is useless, no close control, no passing ability from deep, chasing shadow every time. Can't take a pen and suspect for the Xhaka goal. I can't wait for Fred to come back and replace this fraud.

Utd just not good enough to take advantage of a poor Arsenal side a decent side batters that Arsenal team today.

Still the refs done a job on us today and that needs to be said all the big 50/50 decisions went for them on the day.

Just want the season to be over now forget this season and hopefully move on.

It's no surprise, he struggles for Portugal with Ronaldo doesn't he. Hardly played in the euros.

I hope they spoke to TH before giving him the new deal. Although it was only an extra year I think.

But who is making these decisions on the pitch, no way should he be taking that pen. I think we would have won that had the pen gone in

JSP, can't keep blaming the ref, the second elanga was checked, and it was outside the box.

Although we lost, parts of that game seemed more encouraging from us

You can go with your brillant Bruno too. He is useless, no close control, no passing ability from deep, chasing shadow every time. Can't take a pen and suspect for the Xhaka goal. I can't wait for Fred to come back and replace this fraud.

Come on man he’s missed 3 pens out of 24

Created more chances than anyone else in the league this season.

There are issues but let’s not rewrite history.

He needs to be better next season but he is not a fraud.

This is a bit strong. He's not playing well, maybe it's the frustration with the team and situation. Hopefully will be back next season under ETH and a new regime.

On today's showing alone, Ronaldo should stay next season. After his recent personal grief, makes himself available for the cause and puts in a performance. Has to take the penalty today.

McTominay looked decent in the holding role after Matic left the pitch. We should try him in this CDM role and play Fred and another as 8. We have nothing to lose.

Emotional post with no reasoning. All rubbish.

It's no surprise, he struggles for Portugal with Ronaldo doesn't he. Hardly played in the euros.

I hope they spoke to TH before giving him the new deal. Although it was only an extra year I think.

But who is making these decisions on the pitch, no way should he be taking that pen. I think we would have won that had the pen gone in

JSP, can't keep blaming the ref, the second elanga was checked, and it was outside the box.

Well the replay I saw they were clearly in the area so I’m not having that and how in real time do you not give it as a foul regardless? There were 4 50/50 pen calls in that game and the only one the ref was sent to look at was theirs.

Third goal was clearly offside you can’t block the keepers view you can clearly see on the replay De Gea has to step to his right to see around him before diving back to his left. The rule is clearly there to deal with these situations so unless they show Nkethia was actually onside I don’t see how you can rule that as a goal. With a clear line of sight De Gea saves that no problem.

We played pretty well but you can’t gift the opponent a goal and not punish their mistakes a good side will stick 3 or 4 past them but we just don’t have it in us. They were pretty average but still won 3-1

I agree. The reason for his struggle is very easy to understand. He simply need space, and had plenty the previous years when we were essentially a counter team. But Portugal is not and we are not anymore so he has to operate in tight space and apparently he can't. We should move away from players with bad close control. This is modern day and this ability is mandatory for a CM. No excuse

We should have had 2 Penalties in the first half without doubt. A problem with VAR is that they do not get involved in enough crucial moments in a game. We would have at least been 2-1 up before the Arsenal penalty and the end result would have been different for certain.
As for Rangnick , where is the emotion? feeling for the club?....there is NONE!!! Olly should have been in charge still, and I guarantee we would be in a top 4 position now. I feel very frustrated, especially as we may now lose Ronaldo next season, his contributions & play have been wonderful in my opinion.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back