Pre Season Starts Now

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Mad to think that pre season has already started all the players who didn’t feature in international tournaments are now back in training at Carrington.

I saw the official Twitter account going heavy with all the players not good enough to make their Copa or Euro sides returning. I'd say call me when the tour matches start, but I don't even know if those are happening this year.

There is no tour we've got a load of friendlies against English clubs.

First one is 18th of July Vs Derby
24th vs QPR
28th vs Brentford
7th Aug vs Everton

Starting 11 vs Derby

Heaton

AWB Tuanzebe Mengi Williams

Garner Levitt

Greenwood Mata Chong

Elanga

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pelestri has mugged the keeper here.

Lost 4-2 at QPR yesterday they played pretty much their first team Utd had a couple of senior players but it was mostly kids.

I’ve only seen the Utd goals nice goals by Lingard and Elanga but game turned in one mad spell where Utd let in 3 in 10 minutes just after half time.

The senior boys on longer breaks following internationals will start drifting back in over the next week as we get ready for Leeds in 2 week times.

As always remember pre season results means absolutely nothing

Brentford tonight.

Van de Beek must have first dibs on the bench seat he sits on surely? He’s a permanent resident.

Van de Beek must have first dibs on the bench seat he sits on surely? He’s a permanent resident.

Think he’s only just come back to training this week after his injury that put him out of the euros.

Bruno is also back at Carrington now.

Guessing pretty much everyone will be back in from Monday apart from Amad and Bailey who are at the Olympics.

Nicely worked goal. Looks like they're moving the ball nice and quickly.

And it's a lovely finish as the ball is behind him.

And then this is magical. Someone talked about his pre season form the other day.

The pre season Pirlo strikes again.

That is an absolute banger get it out to every scout in Europe.

Wow that Pereira strike! He has always had that in his locker but just don’t see that quality enough. Hopefully that’s added a few quid to his price tag.

Elanga is developing really nicely, I think he will be well in the first team picture this season. Probably mostly on the bench and getting some cup games but he’s going to give us an added option and he has that little bit of star quality.

Still think it'll be very tough to sell Periera but hopefully they get him out on loan somewhere where he will actually play next season.

He's clearly not good enough for England, Spain or Italian leagues maybe see if they can get him into a French side next season.

He'd be a good players in a good side in a weak league but he's nowhere near the top level he's just clinging on at a club like Utd and since we gave him a good contract there's not much we can do about it.

Not the best results in pre season so far but most of the first team isn't actually there which is worrying sounds like of the young players Elanga is the one really catching the eye had some very kind words from the manager post game last night suggesting maybe he fancies keeping him around the first team this season.

Preston game called off due to Covid cases in the Utd camp.

James Ducker of the Telergaph suggesting as many as 9 players/staff have tested positive for Covid.

Been given the all clear to resume training but the game is still off.

Only one game left in pre season a friendly with Everton next Saturday guessing they might try and arrange some behind closed doors matches now.

Couldn't think of a worse team to start the season against that Leeds apart from Phillips their entire team will have probably had the summer off and you know they'll be fitter than everyone on the opening day.

Remaining international players return tomorrow.

Apparently VDB has done a lot of work in pre season to add muscle and has returned in great shape

They've left for a training camp in Scotland.

Good news is Shaw is there so hopefully he's going to be ok for the start of the season.
Bad news is AWB has an injury he's travelled with the group but will be doing individual sessions.

Sancho, Cavani, Fred, Pogba and Henderson are all absent from the training camp as are Bailly and Amad who've been away at the Olympics those two will miss the start of the season.

Phil Jones also out with them I know he gets a lot of grief but it's good to see him back training I really hope that lad can put his problems behind him and get playing again.

Lingard misses today's friendly due to Covid he's now isolating.

This is going to be a big problem this season with no restrictions in place the number of players failing tests will rise.

Henderson is likely to miss the start of the season as it sounds like he's had it quite bad and is struggling to get over it.

Starting XI vs Everton no idea if this is the formation.

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Matic VDB

Greenwood Bruno James

Martial

Subs Grant, Heaton, Dalot, Tuanzebe, Williams, Periera, Fred, Garner, Mata, McTominay Pogba

Greenwood has already scored pounced on a rebound after a bit of a mix up between Pickford and the defender.

Actually 3-0 up after 30 minutes

Maguire has bagged from a corner and Bruno scored a lovely free kick.

Game finished 4-0 with Dalot scoring in the second half.

Lots of second half subs I didn’t see how strong Everton were on the day.

Good that a lot of lads got playing time in still more to come back next week hopefully Sancho, Varane and Cavani will join the group and be available for Leeds.

Think it’s been a bit of a shambles to be honest

Sancho got an extended break came in 4 days after the other England players
Varane signing seems to have taken way longer than it should so no time with his team mates.
Cavani given extra time off might be good in long run but leaves us short for opening game.
Rashford surgery delayed extending time on sidelines

If we get off to a slow start despite some fairly kind fixtures can see a lot of people getting on the clubs back.

Has Varane even officially signed yet? United really do take the joy out of signing a player. It has been a shocker of a pre season for all the reasons JSP said. Ole said it was imperative we got a good start this season but, by being a good guy he has made it difficult for himself.

Varane passed his medical yesterday it's all official I feel they want to announce it at Old Trafford on Saturday

Not registered in time for Leeds and according to Ole not yet complete.

Bailly and Amad now back with the squad in training think it’s just Cavani they are waiting for now he’s still got a day or two before he’s finished his isolation

Does it count as a pre-season friendly if it's after the season has started?

United beat Burnley 3-1 behind closed doors. Martial with the first, Lingard the second and Fred with the third.

Maguire and Sancho also started. Phil Jones returned as a sub. Kovar, Gerner and Hanibal were involved.

I wonder if they’ll arrange another for next mid week to help get lads up to speed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back