Post Match Discussion: Stoke City 2-2 Manchester United

Performance not particularly good. It was a mistake to change the team on reflection but it was sort if inevitable. Unfortunately by changing the team jose made a rod for his own back.

Feels like 2 points dropped. Despite the fact that most sides would probably be pleased with a point at Stoke. Obviously because of the international break we haven't been all together this week and it really showed at times. Disjointed passes and crosses and a few tired legs and minds. But with 2/3 games a week now this is how most of the squad are going to feel. Need to get back in a groove ahead of Tuesday.

Think the selection and subs all made sense just wasn't a good performance on the day.

Sloppy defensively giving away 2 goals each CB at fault on one not really on it going forward, Butland forced to make a few saves but not really anything mind blowing all fairly comfortable. That said wasn't easy Stoke basically played everyone behind the ball.

Maybe could have started Blind over Darmian to be more attacking but Shaqiri is their danger man so maybe required a bit of caution.

Thought Herrera was poor didn't really offer anything defensively or going forward tidy but not influencing the game.

However, played badly away from home and took a point isn't the end of the world would've been nice to carry on the momentum but showed character to come back from 1-0 to get ahead just a shame we switched off on a set piece after DDG got us out of jail.

Big chance for Lukaku at the end but always tough to keep them down although he will think he can do better.

What are your thoughts on the performance, team selection, tactics, subs?

I think the players' performance was ok, wasn't the best idea to change a winning team, tactics were too reserved until the last ten minutes, Martial on for Herrera was positive but should have started with the extra attacking player in the first place.

What are your thoughts, Bob?

Mistakes by both centre backs cost United the victory. Herrera was unnecessary. Fellaini was missed. International hangover.

I actually said to my brother before the game that I thought this would be a draw. Not because I was being negative I just saw this as a tricky away game against a team who pose a threat and after the international break which took away some of our momentum.

Overall we could look back at the end of the year and say this was a good away point! Other top teams will go to Stoke and struggle to get a result.

I've not seen any of the goals but from the sounds of it they were bad goals to concede on our part! And ultimately with the way we've been playing and defending you've got to be a little disappointed to go away from home, score two and not win.

Think José made mistakes in his first XI but it's a busy month coming up so I can kind of understand why he rotated things.

Mistakes by both centre backs cost United the victory. Herrera was unnecessary. Fellaini was missed. International hangover.

From watching the first half I thought Herrera did seem a step or two off the pace and overall I think that contributed to a first half that resembled so many from last year.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back