Who would you like to be the next manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

• Carlo Ancelotti

• Laurent Blanc

• Antonio Conte

• Ryan Giggs

• Pep Guardiola

• Jose Mourinho

• Gary Neville

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Diego Simeone

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as the weeks go by it looks more and more likely.

There's no shaking the fact that this has been a disappointing season. Even with a good FA cup run I don't think that saves it. The likelihood is that we miss out on the top 4 and that's unacceptable.

Even if we scrape top 4 though there's been no improvement on last season despite the money spent. So LVG must be on borrowed time.

The club also know that LVG is going to go at the latest next summer... But the biggest and best manager is available right now. With Chelsea allegedly moving for the Juve boss you know they will try and tempt Jose. And come the summer they'll be other options for him so the club can't rest on their laurels.

City obviously have Pep, Chelsea will move forward with a new manager, Liverpool will no doubt be better under Klopp next year. Plus West Ham will have a better stadium to attract more players, Leicester will get a big pay day for this season and Spurs will no doubt invest should they secure champions league football.

Mourinho: ‘Not returning to Inter’ | Football Italia

“I’ll be in Milan for one day, I’m grateful to President Massimo Moratti,” Mourinho told La Stampa.

“I left Inter in 2010, and since then I’ve always been working hard, first with Real Madrid and then with Chelsea. For that reason it’s been hard to find time to have lunch with the Moratti family.

“After lunch we’ll go to San Siro, bringing the Interista spirit with us, hoping to see Inter win. It will be very emotional for me: San Siro, the Inter fans…

“I want to clarify one thing though, I won’t be in charge next season. Inter have a project, and it’s Erick Thohir and Roberto Mancini.

“Their ideas have my full support, and my hope is that the project of the Coach and the President continues with great success.

“I want to see Inter smile again, and I hope tomorrow everyone can smile for an Inter victory.”

Reports have suggested that Mourinho is poised to take over from Louis van Gaal at Manchester United, but the former Chelsea manager was coy on his future.

“My next club? I really don’t know, but one thing is certain: I love football and I’ll return to the touchline with the same passion and ambition as always.

“Right now I have respect for every Coach and every club. I’m not looking for a club, it’s the clubs who are looking for me.”

It's getting to that point isn't it...

And if we continue to back this useless lump then we risk missing out on Jose. And whilst I may not be a huge fan of his methods I think he's now the only man to turn around this mess.

He'll drop players who aren't performing. He will sell players who don't tow his line. He'll change the way we approach everything and give this club a shake up. A shake up it's really needed since fergie left.

He'll drop players who aren't performing. He will sell players who don't tow his line. He'll change the way we approach everything and give this club a shake up. A shake up it's really needed since fergie left.

And how is that any different from what lvg has done. If anything we need some stability rather than a shakeup.

He's gotten rid of dead wood but I'm not sure he's shaken things up. He's not had a lasting positive impact on the club. Or at least I don't think he has... He got rid of players that long outstayed their welcome but that's all really.

Plus... What's really meant by stability? The same manager for years? That's not the way that Barca, Real, Bayern all work. It's not the way City and Chelsea have operated. Yet they have all had success. Stability comes with having a club philosophy and bringing in managers to fit with that. Something we haven't done with LVG.

Agree with you there Rich, need stability above the manager, need a football man in charge of football matters. When Fergie was here, we didn't need a director of football, he was the director of football and the manager, the manager of the club. Moyes and Van Gaal have just been head coaches. Mourinho or anybody else would be too. Need a competent man above in a sporting director's role.

Need to get this idea of giving manager's time because Fergie was given time out of our minds. The game has changed, players have changed and there isn't be another Fergie. Guardiola can't stay in a job longer than 3 years because he believes he can no longer motivate players after that time, he's admitted that himself. Same could be said of Van Gaal now, even in defeats in his first season he was getting "fight" from the players, he no longer is in my view.

Moratti: 'Mourinho to Manchester' | Football Italia

Inter director Bedy Moratti accidentally let slip “Jose Mourinho is happy, he’s going to Manchester United.”

The sister of former President Massimo Moratti spoke to calciomercato.com as she left a lunch meeting with Mourinho and her family.

“Of course he’s always fantastic and we missed him as a person here,” she said in the video interview.

Does that mean never say never for a return to Inter?

“No, he’s happy now, he’s going to Manchester.”

Looking very likely now. Suppose the only doubt is that she's just commenting on speculation.

Manchester or match?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Manchester.

Considering how badly things have dwindled under van Gaal, an experienced manager like Mourinho is probably needed at the minute to get us back on track.... To effectively do the job van Gaal was supposed to do.

I know I'm backtracking as I have advocated Giggs and have opposed Mourinho in the hope for attacking football and a youthful core, however given how this season is panning out I'm not sure it would be the best time for someone like Giggs to take over. It's well reported that the plan was for Giggs to succeed van Gaal - and I'd imagine had we been more successful to date that plan would have remained.

But as I say we still need someone to do that rebuilding job and that probably shouldn't be Giggsy. Ideally an experienced manager will bring us back to where we should be over the next 2-3 years and from there the likes of Giggs or another from within can be considered. I'd agree with Bob in that I don't think we are far away in terms of players, just a couple of key positions we need strengthening, just we need a new coach to overlook it because to put it plainly van Gaal has failed.

It would be absolutely crazy to go with Giggs at this time. We are in a complete mess and need a manager with experience. I have no doubt that the hope and plan was that Van Gaal would rebuild, get us back to the top 4, keep us there, improve us and leave good foundations for Giggs to take over and then play the United way, it's not worked out though. It's a mess and it's absolutely not the right time to go with Giggs.

People keep mentioning Guardiola and Zidane as examples but they had managerial experience in 2nd division of Spanish league and weren't taking over clubs that were in complete disarray.

If Giggs does get given it, i'd love it to be a success but I just don't think it will, I think it could even have the opposite effect.

Mourinho is not even a guaranteed success in my opinion but i'd certainly be more confident with him in charge than anyone else in the world.

If Giggs was taking over a typical Fergie team then I'd have less reservations. But he's not! This is a club that needs a lot of work perhaps even rebuilding.

We need a manager who will come in and identify what's needed. Bring in a sporting director if needed.

I'm not a huge fan of Jose but you can't deny his results and success. He gets the best out of players and he wins things wherever he goes.

The football isn't breath taking but it's better than the dross we are suffering right now. And ultimately if it's having success then less fans will care.

We can't go in to next season with Giggs in charge. It's too big and risk and now he's got Pep to contend with. And for me that's a really worrying sign for the Premier league! Because quite frankly that team should be walking the league this season. Give them a world class manager, a couple of signings and I wouldn't bet against them next season.

I tend to take red issue's twitter account with a pinch of salt. They like a conspiracy theory and get a lot wrong in my opinion.

Utter bollocks that. Hard to believe RI has an inside man at OT giving them all these exclusives. Also hard to believe that fergie and gill would sabotage the club.

We'll see in time. Just thought i'd share it. Not saying I believe it. I think it's quite possible that there is a power struggle at the club though. Scholes was blasting Van Gaal every week and then suddenly stopped when Mourinho became available, haven't heard anything from him since.

I am wary to believe RI, they are not impartial and do have an agenda (rightly or wrongly) against Fergie, Glazers and Woodward.

I have little respect for RI to be honest. They do like attention and enhancing their own importance in my opinion. I'm not sure if they even like United.

Are they low on subscriptions for this month? :)

There could be a degree of truth in what RI is saying, I have no idea, but I would be surprised if any conflict is as dramatic as RI would like us to believe.

Few tweets by RI from 2013:

Yeah, think there's a degree of truth to it but probably been made bigger than it actually is by RI.

I definitely think there's truth to the rumours about Jose.

They've been going on for a long while now and that doesn't happen unless there's a bit of truth.

Fergie was always very big on him and though I'm sure he's not overly keen about some of his antics he will admire the desire to win. Let's be fair Fergie in his time has made some questionable decisions or said some rather provocative things. Ultimately football is a results business and that is something Jose excels at.

He's not a long term answer but nobody is in football anymore. Pep doesn't stay at a club for more than 3 years because he knows that is the way the game has gone.

With that said I do think Jose would be so keen to come in and stay longer. It's a project he's always seemed very keen on. He'd need to change his ways slightly but he can do that. Given the time he could invest more energy in to the youth set up. And given the opportunity he could stay at the club for maybe up to 5 years which these days is long term.

RI can't make up their mind on whether fergie was big on Jose or whether fergie doesn't want him here. If left to RI they will make an mundane task like Woodward getting milk into a full fledged series of 24.

Haha love that! ;)

I'm pretty sure Fergie is a big fan of Jose. He's worked against him and he's seen the genius of the guy.

He knows the club right now is being left behind and for me the only manager who can turn this around is Jose. He's got the proven track record, the arrogance and the ability to get the club back on track.

From Portugal: Mourinho's new agreement with Man United, €5m bonus

José Mourinho’s reported deal with Manchester United is making the headlines in Portugal.

According to Correio da Manhã, the manager has already sorted himself a house in Manchester and told his friends he is off to Old Trafford. Now, Diario de Noticias are detailing the agreement between the manager and the club in today’s printed edition.

Diário de Notícias report that Mourinho agreed a three-year deal with Manchester United. The manager would earn €20m (£15.6m) per season. They also mention a €5m (£3.9m) bonus if Mourinho wins the Premier League.

According to the newspaper, Mourinho will not accept to take charge of the club before the end of the season. It doesn’t matter if Louis van Gaal gets sacked or not, the Portuguese manager is not willing to work at the club before June.

They complete the article with eight more paragraphs mentioning The Sun’s and The Telegraph’s recent stories about Mourinho, and even add quotes from Usain Bolt. It all looks like the paper didn’t have much more information, but they still wanted to make a big story given the importance of the matter.

There are at least a handful of stories in Portugal today about Mourinho getting the Manchester United job, although they all seem to differ. The claim of Mourinho not wanting to take over until the summer flies in the face of previous reports, but the idea may have some merit.

Manchester United have a relatively poor squad which is decimated by injury, maybe Mourinho feels there's not so much he could do until recruitment is possible.

So basically the same stuff printed over again?! Shock!

There's nothing new to report but they don't want to let the story drop so let's bring up old reports.

Whilst we remain in Europe and the FA Cup I'm sorry to say LVG will stay! They won't get rid of LVG when there's chance of silverware. More than anything Jose won't take the job until the summer so I guess they figure what's the point.

Man Utd: Jose Mourinho does not know about Old Trafford job

Jose Mourinho says he does not know about becoming the next Manchester United manager, but is hoping to be back in football this summer.

Earlier this month, BBC Sport reported that United had held talks with representatives of the Portuguese.

Mourinho, 53, was sacked by Chelsea in December, seven months after winning the Premier League title.

Asked if he will replace Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford, Mourinho said: "That's the one million dollar question."

Speaking at a school in Singapore, he added: "Nobody knows and I am the first one not to know. I read so many different things."

Mourinho has been linked with a return to Serie A side Inter Milan and Spanish giants Real Madrid.

But he said: "Starting next season with a new club and project is probably the best for me."

The future of Dutchman Van Gaal, 64, has been an almost constant source of speculation in recent weeks.

His contract ends at the end of next season but the former Netherlands boss has been involved in a number of testy exchanges with reporters whenever his position is discussed.

United lie fifth in the Premier League, six points off fourth-placed Manchester City, and went out of the Champions League at the group stages.

They are through to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup and face Danish side FC Midtjylland in last 32 of the Europa League on Thursday, trailing 2-1 from the first leg.

To me that's exactly the kind of answer you would expect... And maybe even something he's agreed with us to say!

For the BBC to report that we've held talks there must be some truth. If I had to guess I think we've agreed with him that he'll play it down. Let the team get on with things and focus on that with the agreement that he comes in over the summer.

Just a guess of course but seems fairly logical.

Who knows what is true. The beeb has also been known to get things wrong sometimes. I think we should get behind the team and current manager as long as we have a chance of top 4 and some silverware. Let whatever happen in the summer not distract us and the team from our primary goal that is a champions league spot and some silverware.

I agree but I'm sure I've been told (could be misled) that the BBC can't print anything that doesn't have some truth? Whatever that really means...

I think the problem we have now is that a lot of us fans are looking to next year. It's going to be hard to get top 4, the FA Cup is a nice journey but for me doesn't make up for the shortfallings and Europe is a long shot. With the football being so dismal on top of that it's hard not to look to next season and hopefully a much better one.

Usually wrongful termination and defamation cases are settled out of court or the victim gets a huge payoff from the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back