Pogba to leave?

Oh, French press saying that Pogba officialy want PSG but PSG rather have Tchouameni or Thuram because they need a player formed in France and Pogba is not considered as one. They say that if Mbappe and many over young players of the club leave in the summer they will be forced to make up the number of home grown. Dear good, imagine Pogba in ETH ear asking for a contract because PSG rejected him. That will be funny.

I see the City rumours have started again.

Not that I think they are true but you would hope he’s got more class about him than to do that.

I see the City rumours have started again.

Not that I think they are true but you would hope he’s got more class about him than to do that.
You expect class and respect from a player who will have left the club twice for free.

You expect class and respect from a player who will have left the club twice for free.

he would argue Utd have had plenty of opportunity to sell him in the last 4 years where he clearly hasn’t wanted to be here.

Couldn’t care less where he goes to be honest. He’s never been the player we thought he could be in his second spell - if you need better players around you to show your quality then you’re not as good as your reputation suggests.

Couldn’t care less where he goes to be honest. He’s never been the player we thought he could be in his second spell - if you need better players around you to show your quality then you’re not as good as your reputation suggests.
This is easy to say, but the system is very important. Pogba has the ability to play it fast to the wing but he need that the wingers make the run. In this disfunctionnal team, nobody make run in behind. So he can't pass to them. Anyway, good bye Pogba, i want him gone to PSG, to avoid all the drama if he chose City.

The Athletic reporting that he isn't going to City.

Is a suggestion though that they did make an offer to him but he's looking to leave the premier league.

The Athletic reporting that he isn't going to City.

Is a suggestion though that they did make an offer to him but he's looking to leave the premier league.
I can't imagine Pep would want anything to do with him. Doesn't seem his kind of player at all.

I can't imagine Pep would want anything to do with him. Doesn't seem his kind of player at all.

Every manager probably feels they can be the one to unlock Pogba and they need to sign some midfielders as Fernandinho and I think Gundogan are likely to leave this summer.

I think he would have been a disaster at City.

It sounds like Pogba's team trying to up his worth to me. Can't see him in a Pep side. Doesn't work hard enough and loses the ball too easily.

I'd be surprised if his deal isn't already done just hasn't been made public yet.

At this stage of his career he may well want to get a few trophies under his belt, so PSG is a distinct possibility.

Madrid were always linked with him, even at his time at Juve so they may make a move.

He's got plenty of trophies under his belt already just missing the big one which is the european cup.

If there's an offer from Madrid he has to take it he shouldn't need to chase the money.

He's got plenty of trophies under his belt already just missing the big one which is the european cup.

If there's an offer from Madrid he has to take it he shouldn't need to chase the money.
He does have plenty of trophies but not much to speak about the last 5-6 years.

Of course he doesn’t need the money but money talks even when you’re a multi millionaire. Can never have enough flash cars and colourful hairdos.

He does have plenty of trophies but not much to speak about the last 5-6 years.

Of course he doesn’t need the money but money talks even when you’re a multi millionaire. Can never have enough flash cars and colourful hairdos.

Got to make the most of your short career can set your family up for generations so if someone chucks a load on money on the table you have to consider it.

I find it laughable that there's been talk of him going to city. I mean for one I think that would be a disastrous signing for City so I guess it would be good if he does go there.

The Athletic reporting that City were definitely in for him and that Pogba has turned them down.

No, he is problably fan of Marseille because of 93 when they won the CL. His father must have talked to him about that. Back in time PSG was a nothing club.
Oh right, thought it was only in England we had Glory Hunters.

Like City and Chelsea they still are.

reports in Italy done deal with Juventus 3 year deal.

10m a year after tax similar wages to his current deal.

Pogba was a piecemeal solution to our creativity problems, but he wasn't able to carry this team on his back. It became clear that the team around him had to shoulder additional responsibilities to get the best out of him - basically do his defending for him - and the supporting cast wasn't good enough. Brilliant player but the wrong player for our club. Hopefully this is the last time we make a big-money transfer without a long-range plan in place. Pogba plus 3 other silky players would have been a joy to behold. Pogba with McFred and any of the others, just not gonna happen. I feel his leaving will really be turning a page, going from impulsive, flashy signings, to pragmatic and intelligent signings that will build the foundation we need to be competitive again.

Good luck in Italy, he'll probably crush it there, again.

Had a senior moment when I heard City wanted Pogba, then an even more senior moment when it was reported he turned then down because he didn't want to upset the United fans.

Still got this horrible feeling he'll be offered, and accept, a new improved contract to stay.

The recent link to N'Golo Kanté didn't help on that score.

Seems pretty nailed on that he's going back to Juventus.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He is definitely an enigma. Some very good games and a lot of shambolic ones.

Still can respect his talent though and I don’t blame him for wanting to go elsewhere and pursue trophies.

Not our money but such a stinger to pay £89m plus wages for someone and have no return on that investment.

The club have been very kind to him on the departure piece talking up his contribution over the last 6 years which just hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

"Once a red always a red" is nonsense the guy left us on a free then spent 4 years trying to leave when he came back this thread was started in March 2018. Bet @Sideshow Bob can't wait to lock it down.

I blame the club as much as him for the lack of success they should have cut the losses on him years ago just take what they could get and move on Covid maybe threw a spanner in that plan but Pogba isn't free of blame he didn't perform in the way that would attract top clubs to want to buy him.

I don't have the hatred towards him some do but this has been a very long drawn out break up that neither side has benefitted from. He's wasted the best years of his career at a club that's shambolically organised and Utd couldn't even get a transfer fee back on the bad investment.

Noticed in the departure piece there were no quotes from any club official.

When United resigned him he was meant to be part of the United rebuild back to where they were. He's a player with all the talent in the world but his work rate stinks and he's a circus off the field. United are better off without him despite his ability.

Just think he was a badly thought out signing Mourinho probably thought he could mould him into something he wasn't willing to be and when that relationship broke down things never really got back on track.

I think he liked Ole and respected him but he just didn't want to be here anymore and then the injuries started to hit.

Ever since Bruno came he's felt like a spare part to me at that point it was clear the club were moving on from him as the leader of this team and he should have gone but Covid kind of knackered that plan so it's just become this long drawn out distraction. With the benefit of hindsight they really should have done the deal to move him on at the end of Ole's first season summer 2019 just called it quits with him and planned for a future without him.

He's 29 year old and he leaves Man Utd no better than he was at 23 when we signed him I don't think that's just down to him I think everyone has to carry some of the blame. I do think a lack of strong leaders around him at Utd didn't help Scholes called it said he's a player that the other players need to keep on at in games that's ok at 23 but by 29 you should be the one leading.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back