Pogba to leave?

If we change our system to play to his strengths, then give him a new contract. If we are to persist with 4231, we will not see anything close to his best, so we should let him go. We really should have sold him two years ago. And he is a sublime player when he's in form, some of his passing is breathtaking. I don't listen to games on the radio, in fact I almost prefer to watch them muted. Announcers are not going to really dive into intricacies on the fly, are they? It's going to be whoever has the ball gets mentioned, occasionally when someone makes a good run but isn't found. You really have watch the games to be able to judge Bruno's performances.

20 mins is the answer. Can't get in the Portugal starting 11 for a friendly

Ruben Diaz spent the entire game on the bench whilst Jose Fonte played 90 mins. Maybe we should rush off to sign Fonte and City should sell Diaz.

He’s started both their world Cup qualifying matches but has been on the bench for friendlies.

Obviously no player is untouchable and devoid of criticism but for what Bruno has done since he arrived here is remarkable. Yes he misplaces passes but mainly because he’s always trying things - the great players do. His place in the team shouldn’t be questioned one little bit, it’s not just his assists and goals. He shows great leadership, he always gives 100% and does a lot of great work off the ball. We would be a massively weaker team without him in it week in week out.

Ruben Diaz spent the entire game on the bench whilst Jose Fonte played 90 mins. Maybe we should rush off to sign Fonte and City should sell Diaz.
Why do you have to be so extreme. Who said selling him.

JSP said he was the best no 10 (or one of) in the world and I'm trying to point out that, if he was, he wouldn't be in and out of the international side.

He's been brilliant for us, but there is no doubting end of last season, and since Ronaldo arrived his form has dropped off.

I personally don't see why we don't rest him to try something else. That's all I'm saying.

I've never said sell him, nor that he's been not excellent. What I've said is his form has dropped off.

As I said his issue is the national team don’t play with a number 10 he plays more like a midfielder and isn’t as effective. They play 4-3-3 seem to be play Bruno and Bernardo Silva as the two attacking midfielders. There’s plenty of players in history who couldn’t get a look in national teams despite being excellent for their clubs.

I think it will be tough for him and Ronaldo to work together as Ronaldo doesn’t run in behind which means teams can squeeze Bruno’s space and force him deeper to get on the ball. The runs in behind at Utd will have to come from the wide players.

Number 10 is a pretty odd position now in football not a lot of top teams play with them anymore they’ve gone out of fashion a bit as most top sides move towards 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. The only top side really playing with one is Bayern who have Muller who is like Bruno bit of an odd player but the attacking numbers justify the position/role he has. The system we play normally leaves you outnumbered in midfield so you need two top quality players in there.

I personally don't see why we don't rest him to try something else. That's all I'm saying.

I've never said sell him, nor that he's been not excellent. What I've said is his form has dropped off.

He's out top goalscorer. He's the player that's created most big chances for us.

So even 'out of form' (I disagree though he's been out best player this season) he's still been our most effective player this season.

Apparently in talks with PSG over a move in the summer.

Rangnick has said he hopes to have him fit to return for the FA Cup game on 4th February.

Even if the club know he's leaving I expect Rangnick will want to use him if he feels it gives us the best chance of winning matches.

Rangnick revealed he is yet to speak to the club about Pogba's contract situation - his deal expires in the summer - but insists 28-year-old must "show up" upon his return to the team, regardless of whether he wants to stay or go at the end of the season.

"It's up to him now his contract is expiring in the summer and, if in the end he would like to stay or go somewhere else he has to show up," said the 63-year-old.

"It's not only in the interest for us as a club, but it's in his personal interest that he plays and performs at the highest possible level in the next couple of weeks."

Rangnick also said Pogba is not guaranteed a place in the starting line-up given Fred's encouraging form in recent weeks.

"My focus now is to play the best possible season we can, to be as successful as we can be.

"For Paul, it is in his own interest to play on a high level, to have a good performance [on Friday] and do everything to get into the first XI. That will not automatically happen because we have other good players in that area."

Been speaking in the press today.

About his depression under Jose, how he doesn't know his role under Ralf, it changes every week as do who he is playing with. And it's better with France becasue he has a role.

I understand what he's saying, he came to us to win, and we've really underperformed higher up with recruitment of players and management.

Of course some blame can be put at him too, but I like him. We are losing a top quality player and I think better management would have seen a better Pogba.

Problem for me is no matter where we've tried him it's never really worked but the club haven't been willing or able to just pull the plug and move him on some players just don't fit in at certain clubs and you need to shake hands and move on.

Fair play to him for speaking up about his despression but I just can't believe he's been here for 6 seasons when it was pretty obvious after 2 seasons that it wasn't going to work out and he should have gone.

For me he's a player who just can't live up to the hype around him some of that he created himself but he's never been able to meet the impossible standards and being at Utd where their are the entire worlds eyes on you has maybe exposed that.

I see more quotes from him while he's been away.

I really hope Utd don't offer this guy a new deal in a way I'd event want them to come out now like Juventus have with Dybala and say he'll be leaving this summer just to draw a line under it all.

even if we offer him a new deal he's not going to take it, and I don't blame him

Depends what they offer if it's better than other offers I think he would consider it if the next manager said he wanted to keep him and what his plans are.

Just don't think there should even be an offer on the table at this point.

He's been ok in his last 2 seasons with us but you expect more than ok when you are paying guys over £300k a week.

I see more quotes from him while he's been away.

I really hope Utd don't offer this guy a new deal in a way I'd event want them to come out now like Juventus have with Dybala and say he'll be leaving this summer just to draw a line under it all.
Yep agree with that. If he’s going then announce it now, the same with Lingard. I would then be inclined to not play them again.

Yep agree with that. If he’s going then announce it now, the same with Lingard. I would then be inclined to not play them again.

I don't think it needs to be that extreme Pogba when he's played has been playing fine and Lingard is only really used in emergencies.

I don't really see any reason for either to start games unless we have injuries.

Never wanted him back, and counting the seconds till he leaves. The guy is a conman.

PSG have made him an offer according to the Manchester Evening News.

God I hope he goes this summer he's not a bad player Utd just need a fresh start.

Let him go to France where he can be a star in the league and in that team. Let him go back to a league where he can amble around and because the overall quality isn't very good he can get away with it.

From what I can tell, wherever he goes the offer is lower than United's. Shows how desperate he is to get out

Show's how bad we are if we're still offering him more than the market rate.

I really don't know why United would want him back. He gets hurt fairly often. He hasn't really found much consistency and he unbalances the midfield. There's no doubt in his ability as he shows for France but that's a very different ball game. United should let him leave and they should be relieved about it.

I think he's a player who's going to decline badly so I wouldn't be giving him a big money long term deal.

The physical side of his game is an important attribute to it and I think it's in decline the injuries are getting more frequent and I think his ability to burst away from players is gone. He's never been a clever player who finds space and time where it doesn't exist these sort of players can go for ever like Scholes, Xavi, Modric, Yaya Toure their awareness of space meant they could play into their 30's no problem. I don't think Pogba has that to his game.

Utd would be crazy to be offering him a big deal if the new manager wants to keep him 3 years on less money maybe but you wouldn't want to be tying down to him for 5 more years. Also, there's no way he ever signs a deal like that lets be honest he's massively overpaid and that's a problem for the club.

That's fair enough, but united don't need to let him leave. He's desperate to get away.

The problem with Pogba at united is the utter drivel he's been surrounded with. He is a top class world class player but only with the workers around him.

I don't think it's fair to just blame everyone else there's been periods where Pogba has not been living up to his side of the bargain as well.

It hasn't been a healthy relationship for a very long time and Utd should have done more to move on from him years ago but they didn't or maybe couldn't.

It's time for a change and I don't really see why Utd would be even talking about offers (if they are) unless the next manager has said I really want to work with him and this is where he fits into my plan.

It's hard to see where he fits in the modern game he clearly suits a team that plays counter attacking stuff where he's the one luxury not many of top teams around that play like that.

The problem with Pogba at united is the utter drivel he's been surrounded with. He is a top class world class player but only with the workers around him.
That’s giving Pogba a major pass. He’s been as a big of a problem even compared to the poor players around him. Great players shine even in poor teams - he has had his moments but more often than not he has been poor.

I do really like him as a player and what he can do, however it’s time to say goodbye. Like jsp said I don’t think he will age well. He has supreme passing skills at times but to make up for his reduced mobility he will have to become a deep lying playmaker in the mould of Carrick I would say. Not sure he has that adaptability in his locker to be honest.

I think he's a player who's going to decline badly so I wouldn't be giving him a big money long term deal.

The physical side of his game is an important attribute to it and I think it's in decline the injuries are getting more frequent and I think his ability to burst away from players is gone. He's never been a clever player who finds space and time where it doesn't exist these sort of players can go for ever like Scholes, Xavi, Modric, Yaya Toure their awareness of space meant they could play into their 30's no problem. I don't think Pogba has that to his game.

Utd would be crazy to be offering him a big deal if the new manager wants to keep him 3 years on less money maybe but you wouldn't want to be tying down to him for 5 more years. Also, there's no way he ever signs a deal like that lets be honest he's massively overpaid and that's a problem for the club.

He's declined badly since the moment he first came back. The guy is a conman, a very rich conman. And the fact some fans still support him and say if he had better players around him he'd perform better, is deeply disturbing.

Counting the seconds till he and his fat agent feck off.

He's declined badly since the moment he first came back. The guy is a conman, a very rich conman. And the fact some fans still support him and say if he had better players around him he'd perform better, is deeply disturbing.

Counting the seconds till he and his fat agent feck off.

Bit strong to call him a conman he's a talented footballer but always needed smart players around him he had them with Juventus, he has them with France I don't think he's not had them at Utd. Maybe the fact he's still been here for 4 years despite being desperate to leave suggests other clubs clocked that and we didn't.

At best you might get 4 or 5 games out of him a season where he has a great run but the rest is distinctly average.

Bit strong to call him a conman he's a talented footballer but always needed smart players around him he had them with Juventus, he has them with France I don't think he's not had them at Utd. Maybe the fact he's still been here for 4 years despite being desperate to leave suggests other clubs clocked that and we didn't.

At best you might get 4 or 5 games out of him a season where he has a great run but the rest is distinctly average.

He's not blessed with real pace but he's got everything else going for him to dominate matches whoever he plays alongside, and if he had just a ¼ of Carlton Palmer's desire he would regularly tear the Premier League up, yet most of us could count on the fingers of one hand how many times he's been unplayable for United since he came back, nope i'll stick with conman.

And don't get me started on how many injuries he's picked up playing for United yet always makes himself available for France.

He's not blessed with real pace but he's got everything else going for him to dominate matches whoever he plays alongside, and if he had just a ¼ of Carlton Palmer's desire he would regularly tear the Premier League up, yet most of us could count on the fingers of one hand how many times he's been unplayable for United since he came back, nope i'll stick with conman.

And don't get me started on how many injuries he's picked up playing for United yet always makes himself available for France.

To me he’s a lad who had it very easy in youth football not only was he physically advantaged but he was also technically superb I don’t think he ever really learned the game he was always a luxury. He never had to outsmart his opponent because he could always overpower them, outrun them or use his feet to get him out of trouble. I don’t think he ever had to overcome a hurdle to make it a lad that good was always going to make it.

Since he arrived we didn’t have the team to carry that sort of luxury especially not in a league this competitive where teams are no longer afraid of going after Utd.

All the ability but honestly I don’t think he knows how to use it.

Think we can agree that we can’t wait to see the back of him.

To me he’s a lad who had it very easy in youth football not only was he physically advantaged but he was also technically superb I don’t think he ever really learned the game he was always a luxury. He never had to outsmart his opponent because he could always overpower them, outrun them or use his feet to get him out of trouble. I don’t think he ever had to overcome a hurdle to make it a lad that good was always going to make it.

Since he arrived we didn’t have the team to carry that sort of luxury especially not in a league this competitive where teams are no longer afraid of going after Utd.

Even at academy level you could see he was a massive talent but even then could not run a midfield. He never grabbed the midfield by the scruff of the neck and dictated the pace. I had hoped that would come with experience but he has never managed to do that.

Even at academy level you could see he was a massive talent but even then could not run a midfield. He never grabbed the midfield by the scruff of the neck and dictated the pace. I had hoped that would come with experience but he has never managed to do that.
For me he doesn't do enough of the gritty side of the game to be able to take a game by the scruff of the neck. I know football now is very different but you still need to work hard, get stuck in at times and display control. I'm not sure Pogba does those things.

Thud.

Took some stick from the Strerford end at full time yesterday and seemed to say something back.

The guy has got to go he will never get the fans back onside it’s a toxic relationship that no one is benefitting from.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back