Please welcome our new moderator

I would welcome you but you've been here a lot longer than me and it feels wrong haha. But enjoy your new powers :)

Appears there's nearly as many Mods as Rockers, is there a plan to eventually have one assigned to each poster?

Appears there's nearly as many Mods as Rockers, is there a plan to eventually have one assigned to each poster?

Why is this such a difficult question? It's like if you go in a Pub and there's only 10 customers, yet there are 6 minding the doors .....

I'm guessing, well I'll have to as nobody has seen fit to answer the question, that the reason the number of moderators keeps going up when the number of members is dwindling is because none, or very few of the current moderators are up to the task. Am I getting warm?

Is Moderator a stressful job?

Prolonged and repeated exposure can be damaging. Moderators can develop vicarious trauma, with symptoms that include insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These can lead to other symptoms, like substance abuse and family problems.

smileys-passing-joint.gif

"Never smoked weed in my life before mate, done Belfast, Basra and Gornji Vakuf but that last tour of Afghanistan, well least said"

"Same here fella, never drank, never smoked before, but now i'm a moderator on S.E.A I need to drink a bottle of JD just to get outta bed in the morning, then there's the charlie, the uppers/downers .... think i'll have to ask Admin if they can pass on the responsibility of tailing that bloody JC on to somebody else, he's just too much"

"Jeez mate, never realised you'd had it so tough"

Instead of the frequent unconstructive criticism, do something to help the forum. Ask those who could be interested to register. How would you improve the forum?

I'm guessing, well I'll have to as nobody has seen fit to answer the question, that the reason the number of moderators keeps going up when the number of members is dwindling is because none, or very few of the current moderators are up to the task. Am I getting warm?

Is Moderator a stressful job?

Prolonged and repeated exposure can be damaging. Moderators can develop vicarious trauma, with symptoms that include insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These can lead to other symptoms, like substance abuse and family problems.

smileys-passing-joint.gif

"Never smoked weed in my life before mate, done Belfast, Basra and Gornji Vakuf but that last tour of Afghanistan, well least said"

"Same here fella, never drank, never smoked before, but now i'm a moderator on S.E.A I need to drink a bottle of JD just to get outta bed in the morning, then there's the charlie, the uppers/downers .... think i'll have to ask Admin if they can pass on the responsibility of tailing that bloody JC on to somebody else, he's just too much"

"Jeez mate, never realised you'd had it so tough"
You really do like the sound of your own voice!

Instead of the frequent unconstructive criticism, do something to help the forum. Ask those who could be interested to register. How would you improve the forum?

The frequency/timing is dictated by how often one of the numerous Mods edits/deletes one of my posts, or locks one of my threads, you don't think I sit here attention seeking do you for no good reason, maybe best not answer that.

And the forum is fine, a bit slow, a bit boring, but it serves it's purpose.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back