Plan B when Fellaini is neutralised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

In the last two games Chelsea and Everton have targeted Fellaini, nullified him and our attacking potency has suffered as a result.

Is there a plan B when Fellaini is nullified? Or shouldn't we read too much into the last two performances given the opposition?

boothstownred

I don't think there is particularly a plan b and I am not sure we even have the players for a plan b. I think most of our bad performances have come with blind in midfield and mcnair in defence. I can't overstate how important Carrick is to this team and how much we need to get his replacement in.

JSNFRMN

I've said it for a while, if we want to progress to being a CL contender, Fellaini needs to be a plan B. At the minute, we don't have the players for him to be not be a plan A. Think that's highlighted on the bench with us not having a proper CM on there and unless Di Maria can adapt to playing in midfield in Eng and play the role he played in last RM season, we need 2 CM's and we probably need to also look at promoting a young CM from within. That's clear for me. With more games next season and playing 3 in midfield, we need more than what we have. With the importance we place on possession/midfield it needs to be strengthened in quality and depth. Look at the 4 teams left in the CL, that's the standard of midfield we need.

boothstownred

Midfield has been my biggest moan for a few years now. Also think we need a central defender and a striker.

Sideshow Bob

I thought Fellaini as plan A was obvious? Seriously though, he has been a key figure in Van Gaal's current system and he has helped create a platform. Chelsea and Everton have set plans to counter his influence for a reason.

I suspect midfield will evolve next season through summer arrivals and we'll see a different style/pattern of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now