Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to read this, could see the things Steve talks about when we played Blackburn. He was very good that day and had we not scored that day, it would have mostly been down to him. Really good performance. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Apparently he's getting GNev's #2. Big shoes to fill but considering he's being tipped to be England's captain one day, rather fitting.

Great read.

Watched Phil last night and i'm not saying this because we've signed him but he was excellent. He gives me the impression of being a bit of an all-action type of player, bit similar to Bryan Robson's style when he was with us.

As i alluded to in the transfer section, we've been most certainly watching the lad for quite a while, delighted he's a United player in all honesty.

Yeah would make sense, I think he should get a number outside 11 to be honest seeing as he won't be playing, would be nice to see #4 in the starting lineup more often... new signing perhaps?

Paddy Crerand said on his show on MUTV tonight that Phil Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards a bit.

Crikey, high praise there!

I can see where Paddy is coming from but it's some comparision to make!

Paddy Crerand said on his show on MUTV tonight that Phil Jones reminded him of Duncan Edwards a bit.

Crikey, high praise there!

NOT A DOGS CHANCE!!! Sorry to Jonesey, but he should never be (as a person who saw the great man and was left in awe !) compared to THE MAN! It's like saying Nani is the next George Best. Jones is good and potentially his football talent is there for all to see, he is good possibly might become a really good United player, which I hope. I've been impressed with what i've seen, but a new Dunc, forget it!!!

NOT A DOGS CHANCE!!! Sorry to Jonesey, but he should never be (as a person who saw the great man and was left in awe !) compared to THE MAN! It's like saying Nani is the next George Best. Jones is good and potentially his football talent is there for all to see, he is good possibly might become a really good United player, which I hope. I've been impressed with what i've seen, but a new Dunc, forget it!!!
Paddy Crerand also said that he'd probably get slated for saying it.! Genuinely.

I think he was refering to aspects of Jones' play more-so than actually being like Duncan Edwards.

Jones didn't put a foot wrong today. He made one great tackle. He will battle for a first team place this season.

Stepped in and played well im not as worried about Rio and Vidic being out with him, Evans and Smalling

Jones playing at centre half over the next few games wouldn't worry me at all.

Thought he was great from what I saw. Made a galloping run forward, didn't look like he was going to be stopped. Great block in the box. Gutted I didn't see more of the game.

All credit to him today you'd never know he was nineteen, if he keeps this up Ferdinand will more than struggle for a place in the starting XI when he gets back

Is it true that Sir Bobby Charlton said that Jones reminds him of Duncan Edwards? Massive praise if true.

Was better than Evans today, still a lot to learn though.

Jones impressive again. The man is a cold-blooded brute.What a monster of a footballer.If I ever go to a war with someone,I'm taking Phil Jones with me.

So impressive at RB. Smalling and Jones showing why Fergie sold Brown and O'Shea really, they would have held these lads back. Excellent cross for Rooney's first. I'd love to see him play at DM.

Does Jones have a weakness? We've got him on the cheap!
Yes we have got him on a cheap.I've watched him ever since his debut v Chelsea in March 2010 and ive been mightily impressed with him.so it didnt bother me we had to pay 20.5m instead of 16m because that was also cheap considering he's just 19!

Confident boy is our Jones. Liked the way he beckoned over Rooney after setting up the third goal.

If Jones continues performing like this, Sir Alex is going to have a dilemma on his hands once Vidic is fit again.

Expecting Fabio to play at LB on Wednesday. If he impresses there's competition all the way through that defence. Everyone is pushing each other, this can only be a good thing, no one's place is guaranteed, not even Vida's.

Now i say that Blackburn were robbed selling him for 20m. He's excellente playing at RB, LB, center half and in midfield.And I won't be suprised if he plays as a winger at some point in this season. I'm sure he can do it.

Didn't know Jones could play LB?

He will end up being a CB for sure, seems perfect for the position. all the necessary attributes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back