Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seen talk we may even get him for less than £20m. Sounds like it'll be after Barca's Super Cup game though.

Does him playing in the super cup mean that he will be cup tied and not eligible to play for us?

Super player, would be a great signing at that price. His pace from the wide areas would make a big difference. His goal scoring record is very good also. He was mostly ahead of Sanchez in the pecking order at Barca and we all know what he did last season.

Barca sporting director has said that Pedro has requested to leave and asked not to play tonight.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/13/david-de-gea-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

While Madrid have been eyeing up De Gea without coming up with a suitable fee, United hope their pursuit of Pedro will be a much quicker affair and are waiting for the Barcelona player to let them know if he is willing to leave the Champions League and La Liga winners. “You have to ask Pedro, not me,” Van Gaal said. “My answer is that it’s a process between a club and a player, and we are there also. I don’t mention anything before he has signed. When he has signed I will come to you and say: ‘Hey, Pedro is here.’ That is not the case and we shall wait to see.”

Van Gaal was reminded he had spoken previously about bringing in more fast, penetrative players now Ángel Di María had left for Paris Saint-Germain. “I hear, and Pedro is a player like that,” he said. “So write it.”

The outrage from some fans about this is a bit OTT in my opinion. Very good player, I like him and would have been delighted if we'd signed him as I believe he would have provided speed and width on the right which we don't have with Mata starting, but missing out on him is not worth crying about. Lot of fans seem desperate for quick fixes and to be successful again, it's like it's this season or never again. Personally happy if we're to be patient and give likes of Januzaj, Pereira, Wilson and whoever else more gametime and have prolonged success in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back