Paul Pogba | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Paul Pogba's performances.

Premier League: Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United - 26th September 2020

Poor again looks very sluggish we don’t know how serious the Covid he had was but looks miles off fitness wise and his play is also poor.

I’d play him mid week in the league cup game.

Should have sold him and rebuilt. Looked weeks away from being ready. BHA made him look like a donkey.

Think if covid hadn’t tanked every big clubs spending power Utd would’ve looked to shift him this summer

Carabao Cup: Brighton & Hove Albion 0-3 Manchester United - 30th September 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What I like about that most though is the passion. The players are all delighted for him and the goal.

I agree, that shot was going well wide. What was Maupay doing kneeling behind the wall, just taking a break? Also just realized that little Juan Mata is taller than Fred.

He's there to stop the shot under the wall meaning the wall can jump quite a few clubs do it now.

It's an own goal but who cares.

I read some clown journo saying Pogba calculated the player would jump and aimed for his back to get the ricochet and fool the keeper. I had to read it again to make sure I was seeing it right. I'm thinking of throwing my smartphone in the canal so I don't have to subject myself to this lunacy anymore.

I mean if he can do that with such accuracy why not just aim at the top corner in the first place?

Whoever wrote that he did that on purpose is an absolute moron.

He got a lucky deflection it happens end of.

I read some clown journo saying Pogba calculated the player would jump and aimed for his back to get the ricochet and fool the keeper. I had to read it again to make sure I was seeing it right. I'm thinking of throwing my smartphone in the canal so I don't have to subject myself to this lunacy anymore.
He did, it was obvious.

Man Utd 1- 6 Spurs

Absolute pathetic performance everything that is bad about him over playing on the ball and not fighting when he loses it.

Should be dropped for the next game

Repeat: should have sold him when we had the chance and used those funds for the rebuild. He’s capable of the sublime pass and dazzling individual brilliance but he seems like he is the wrong fit for the style we are trying to play. Leaving him on as we went down to 10 was madness.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17th October 2020

Nice little cameo.

He’s looked alright in the last few weeks but today he was awful that’s a performance that should see him dropped for a few games just unacceptable giving away another stupid penalty.

He’s not impacting games in the league going forward and he’s a defensive liability.

He should have been hooked straight after the penalty.

Looks a bit slower than usual, wants to many touches, just looks off his game people will read more into it as they always do with him but looks to me like a player out of form.

I have to be honest I haven't really seen him alright and tbh alright isn't good enough. We are still talking about his best position. If we are still talking about that then the answer is probably none of them. He has mo decent movement and no awareness of what is around him.

One moment summed it up for me towards the end of the game, where first Shaw then Lindelof were asking for movement when they had the ball and Pogba was close to them but never showed for them. No longer first choice, should be dropped.

Has to be sold toxic to the dressing room himself and he’s agent show lack of respect for the club move him on please then we can forget about him remember Liverpool with coutinho end of the world when he left but it was better for the team.

Has to be sold toxic to the dressing room himself and he’s agent show lack of respect for the club move him on please then we can forget about him remember Liverpool with coutinho end of the world when he left but it was better for the team.
It certainly wouldnt be the end of the world if Pogba left. What's he done for us?

Liverpool fans couldn’t believe their luck getting what they got for Coutinho so let’s not re-write history on that one they absolutely had Barca’s pants down.

It is time for Pogba to go but we knew that 12 months ago if a bid had come this summer I’m 100% convinced he would have been sold but all the heavyweights who might go for him are skint and will be for the foreseeable thanks to Covid.

I’m a fan but it just hasn’t worked we’ve tried all sorts of solutions but we’ve never found a way to get the best from him. I think it’s time for all parties to move on but it’s now on his agent to find a buyer.

We will do well to get half what we paid but it’s time to close this chapter.

Ed will give him a new 300 grand a week deal

Wouldn’t surprise me but if he gets a new contract Ole will have signed off on it.

I've had it now with 'World Class' Pogba!

This guy is nowhere near world class. He has a reputation carried over from Juve playing alongside the best midfielders in the world, even I would look good playing with Pirlo and Vidal!

VDB can replace Pogba. He keeps the ball way better, passes the same except maybe for the 'Hollywood' pass but how many of those does Pogba do per game? And VDB tracks back.

Adios!

I've had it now with 'World Class' Pogba!

This guy is nowhere near world class. He has a reputation carried over from Juve playing alongside the best midfielders in the world, even I would look good playing with Pirlo and Vidal!

VDB can replace Pogba. He keeps the ball way better, passes the same except maybe for the 'Hollywood' pass but how many of those does Pogba do per game? And VDB tracks back.

Adios!
What, are you trying to say McTominay and Fred aren't the equals of Pirlo and Vidal? How dare you, sir!

Premier League: Everton 1-3 Manchester United - 7th November 2020

Came on today. Didn't do a lot to be honest. I think it is very telling that in a big game for Ole he doesn't start Pogba.

Hardly worth a mention but did ok when he came on held on to the ball and looked after it trying to relieve pressure.

Valid point though s it stands our best XI doesn’t include Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back