Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele is Dortmund bound, according to several media outlets in Germany.

Contrary to reports I still think we will invest the time in Depay, so not totally sure he would fit in here. What with Lingard and Martial as well. Think he'll thrive at Dortmund, and they have a proper good squad emerging, if they can keep the likes of Auba and Reus. Although Bayern will make sure they steal someone soon, ala Hummels.

I think Memphis could be given another season so yeah I'd agree maybe we won't go out for Dembele. I'm sure LVG will want to give him another chance... And if LVG is gone then the next manager may like their chances of turning his fortunes around and becoming like a new signing.

Ousmane Dembele himself gives Liverpool hope on transfer deal

This week, after SportBild once again reported Dembele to Dortmund as a done deal, we contacted the player's agent looking for some clarity. Badou Sambagué told Sport Witness: “It’s only rumours. There has been no meeting and no discussions with clubs.”

It was only a matter of time, before someone managed to get quotes from Dembele himself about his future, and it seems the player is in no rush to leave Rennes.

Dembele told beIN Sports: "I do not know what will happen this summer. I have signed a three-year contract last November and I'm fine in Rennes. The transfer market rumours bother me, but we do not pay much attention. As for now, I have no agreement with any team, I don't know if I'm ready to play abroad."

Judging on comments from player and agent, Dembele is keeping his options open, and will only make a decision at the end of the season. It may well be the case that Rennes and Dortmund believe a deal will happen, but haven't quite got full agreement from Dembele yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back