Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very disappointing he's gone to play in a weaker league. Obviously money a factor, perhaps more so from the people around him but think he has other motives too in wanting to be the main man at a club and I suppose it's easy to do that at PSG. Hopefully he achieves what he wants out of this and goes back to a real league and real club in a few years. Would love to see him in United RED.

I think they've got a great shot of winning the champions league if they can get a bit of luck along the way.

I think Barca are weaker, Atletico are weaker, Bayern are weaker, Monaco are weaker, hard to tell what the English clubs will be like.

Madrid are always going to be in the mix with their crazy squad but like Juve last season if PSG can get momentum I think they could make a final.

In terms of where Neymar chooses to play I really don't care I'd only be worried if he came to play for one of our domestic rivals. I actually think it's good for football if these super teams can be picked apart just sucks that it takes so much money to do it.

Ligue 1: PSG 6-2 Toulouse - 20th August 2017

Why weren't we in for Neymar? I don't usually advocate the huge transfer fees but if we're going to spend hundreds of millions then it might as well be on a true world class player.

At the end of last season Mourinho didn't see Neymar as a realistic target: -

“I always try to be objective and pragmatic with clubs and to ask them what they can give me. To ask for Neymar is absurd.

“A club like Barcelona cannot and will not lose Neymar. Although Messi is still a young player with years ahead of him, he's almost 30, and Neymar will be the great player of Barcelona post-Messi. So much that I think it [trying to sign Neymar] is like trying to break into a safe, impossible.”​

So is it just that he wasn't on the club's shopping list and by the time events started moving we had already purchased Lukaku?

United were burnt by Neymar last season so not interested this season. Plus we could have probably paid the fee but we aren't going to pay anyone £500k a week

Hmm our wage structure is broken since we went all Galctico on Rooney's contract, Falcao, Di Maria, Zlatan and Pogba anyway. Lukaku's on £250k a week so you'd think Neymar would be worth at least double. Removing Rooney and Zlatan from the payroll would near enough cover it.

I think we were in last summer as we're PSG but we know when we are being used now having been burned so many times.

I think the fee and wages made it an unrealistic option for Utd, PSG will fudge some numbers to cover the FFP somehow but the owners at that club don't care whereas ours would be looking at the bottom line and seeing red. Utd can't pay a one off £200m fee like PSG can.

I don't know if this is true but I read somewhere that Qatar signed up Neymar as their ambassador for the 2021 World Cup and paid him €300m for it. He then proceeded to pay €222m to Barca and kept the rest as signing bonus and PSG got him for free at least on books anyway. That's how they can afford the rumored £673,000/week wages for him. For those figures I would steer clear of him. Don't think he is worth destabilizing the clubs finances.

I don't know if this is true but I read somewhere that Qatar signed up Neymar as their ambassador for the 2021 World Cup and paid him €300m for it. He then proceeded to pay €222m to Barca and kept the rest as signing bonus and PSG got him for free at least on books anyway. That's how they can afford the rumored £673,000/week wages for him. For those figures I would steer clear of him. Don't think he is worth destabilizing the clubs finances.

I've heard that story as well but imagine the storm at UEFA if they try and book the Neymar deal next summer as a free transfer in their FFP submission. Also, if they do it that way I believe Neymar would be subject to the income tax on it as it would fall outside the new rules that allow players to write off the income in their tax return.

This isn't his last move I expect him to be on the move again in 3-4 years time.

Ligue 1: FC Metz 1-3 PSG - 8th September 2017

Champions League: Celtic 0-3 Barcelona - 12th September 2017

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back