Newcastle Discussion 2021/22

Doesn’t this happen every January/Summer.

Ashley pretends he’s selling the club so he doesn’t spend any money then surprise surprise the sale falls through.

I think if the Saudi royal family really wanted to get into football they be going for a bigger club because they’re the big swinging dick in that part of the world so they’d want prestige.

Looks like this one is actually happening documents have been registered with companies house the Saudi's will be taking an 80% stake in the clubs ownership through their private investment fund.

Be interesting to see how much they look to invest in it will they be a Man City type owner looking to supercharge the club and turn them into a super power of world football or will they look to invest to grow the value of the asset.

Considering the competition in the region you don't get the impression that the Saudi's play just to take part they play to win so we could have another huge shake up to the football landscape to deal with.

As for the Newcastle fans I guess they now face the moral dilemma of do they support a repressive regimes ownership of their club in exchange for better chances of success.

All the talk is this has been given the green light by the PL but they're still working through all the project restart stuff so it's not been finalised but this could be the real sticking point.

For years the PL have been working with BeInSport to try and shut down BeOutQ and take legal action against them for property theft if it turns out it is the Saudi government behind it that means they've broken one of the owner rules so they wouldn't be able to buy the club.

All the talk is this has been given the green light by the PL but they're still working through all the project restart stuff so it's not been finalised but this could be the real sticking point.

For years the PL have been working with BeInSport to try and shut down BeOutQ and take legal action against them for property theft if it turns out it is the Saudi government behind it that means they've broken one of the owner rules so they wouldn't be able to buy the club.

Did you though Jones and Koulibaly and Sancho to Magpies because my United are worthless with Sancho because still want Neymar or Willian or Griezmann and by King second transfer by third transfer and the only is central midfielder or keep McTominay and ins Shrinkar from Milan to more impressive team mate to midfield general Matic.

Not really sure what you are trying to say appreciate English isn't your first language but that is very confusing.

If Newcastle get Saudi backing they are obviously going to be a strong contender in the transfer market but it will take them time to build the team up and convince players to come. City found it hard when they got the money to buy the very best players but after a year or two things settled down and they really started getting quality in.

There's obviously financial hurdles to get over with all the FFP stuff that will come in as soon as they try to get into European competitions.

My guess is they'll try and pick up players like Bale, James, Coutinho big names who are stuck at clubs desperate to get rid of them but can't.

Having another club with a bottomless pit of money will make it harder for Utd to compete but we've matched City's spending recently our issue is spending that money well. I think Newcastle like the other clubs who get this sudden cash injection will spend a few years making mistakes.

Can't see the government blocking the deal after all we do sell the Saudi's weapons amongst other things.

Could be a problem with them and the PL though as piracy of their TV rights is something they don't tend to take kindly to.

Still with the PL to approve.

The fact nothing has happened suggests it has gone to sh*t.

The issues with Bein sport who are one of the biggest overseas broadcast partners seems to be the stumbling block.

Saudi Arabia is currently blocking Bein Sport from broadcasting in Saudi Arabia meaning Saudi’s can’t legally watch PL football.

ha you missed some crazy spam post in between your post at 11.40am and mine at 12.24pm. It was deleted pretty quick though

Yes there was a WhatsApp number that you could call or text for ritual sessions - which included learning about love spells and also witchcraft spells. Was a very tempting offer.

The Saudi led group have pulled out of the takeover. Poor Newcastle - bet they thought they be the second coming of Man City!

I don’t think it was a good thing for them having the club belong to the Saudi’s.

They’ve suffered enough under Ashley but I really don’t think this was a road they or any club should be going down.

Sounds to me like they’ve withdrawn because they know they were going to fail the fit and proper person test over the piracy issues.

NUFC confirm the takeover was rejected by the premier league as they didn't pass the directors test.

Newcastle may consider taking legal action against the decision by the PL.

It's all to do with TV rights.

Basically the PL determined that the Public Investment Fund was a government fund and therefore those involved in it's control are the same people who have been illegally stealing their TV rights for the last few years through the broadcaster BoutQ.

Newcastle believe they demonstrated the Public Investment Fund is not linked in any way to those involved with BoutQ but the PL obviously decided otherwise.

So basically yeah this makes it very difficult for them to buy into any PL club until the TV rights issue is resolved or they go to court to prove legally that they are not in any way involved in BoutQ.

NUFC confirm the takeover was rejected by the premier league as they didn't pass the directors test.

Newcastle may consider taking legal action against the decision by the PL.
The premier league have issue a statement expressing their disappointment with Newcastle releasing such a statement and denying the takeover has been rejected :confused:

The premier league have issue a statement expressing their disappointment with Newcastle releasing such a statement and denying the takeover has been rejected :confused:

Yeah there version is we asked for more information you didn't give us what we asked for so things just stalled and eventually the Saudi's backed out.

Some think the Newcastle statement was a bit of Ashley PR to quote the Geordie Messiah Kevin Keegan "We're still fighting for this takeover" just trying to make it clear to fans that he still wants out and this collapse isn't anything to do with him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back