Newcastle Discussion 2021/22

Deal is back on expected to be approved by the premier league as early as today.

Another mega rich owner to compete with.

Not good for the PL to allow people like this to own clubs.

Clubs sold their souls a long time ago.

It's a tricky one for the Newcastle fans as they really need to get Ashley out as he's just not interested in the club anymore but do you accept the new owners given they are the only people willing to buy?

It's a shame that football has become so linked with politics now with nations now using our clubs to sportswash their reputation across the globe.

I seem to remember a lot of united fans wanting a Saudi buyout.

They do have terrible human rights, but lets not think all these kit manufacturers have suspect manufacturing etc. Of course what the Saudi's do is way worse than child labour etc.

I don't think in this instance it's sportwashing, I don't think the state has anything to do with it...... o_O yeah of course it doesn't!

I don't think I would have been happy with a Saudi buyout to be honest. In fact I know I wouldn't have been. But would it stop me supporting them, probably not.

Yeah the state will have zero interest in a public investment fund that contains all of their money. Haha!

Kevin 'i'd love it we flog beat 'em, just love it' Keegan back in for a third time as Manager then?

I doubt it's a tricky one for Newcastle. I'd be drinking the champagne and looking forward to years of glory.

As a fan base and a city I really like Newcastle. A great night out and the town is going to enjoy this.

I doubt it's a tricky one for Newcastle. I'd be drinking the champagne and looking forward to years of glory.

As a fan base and a city I really like Newcastle. A great night out and the town is going to enjoy this.

Spent a lot of time up in Newcastle and Gateshead over the last few years and if there is one set of fans in the Country that deserve some reward for their support over the years it's them.

It'll pee off your average Sunderland fan no end as well which will be a bonus.

Is it a reward seeing your club turned into a play thing of a state?

Let’s see how happy they are when the ticket prices slowly start creeping up.

I guess they’re going to have to get used to everyone hating them as well.

Will Steve Bruce be picking up his P45, did Joe Willock know the takeover was imminent??

Every club will be ringing them tomorrow trying to flog them their crap squad players.

Bruce will be gone before he gets to spend a penny be surprised if the new man isn’t in before the internationals are even finished.

You have to assume they’ll be investing plenty of money into that team now ambitious talk of winning the league within 5 seasons suggests there’s going to be lots of signings.

Bruce will be gone before long. He’s definitely a dead man walking.

I see the stories that the PL have received assurances that the Saudi state will not be in control of the club. What a load of bull. It’s totally immoral that the PL have ratified this takeover but I don’t suppose Newcastle fans will care where the money comes from, as long as it’s spent in abundance and it’s bringing them success. Mike Ashley maybe hated by Newcastle fans but what they have gotten into bed with is just on another level.

Wonder if Mbappe, Haaland etc are already getting ready to spew the lines of I always watched and admired Newcastle growing up :p

not sure the fans can do anything so why not enjoy it. I bet there aren't many players/managers who will turn down their money.

Yep sadly fans are powerless to decide who owns their club something we all know to well having watched our owners pillage our club for the last 15 years and back then the league did nothing to stop them. That sort of reckless behaviour almost resulted in Liverpool going bust as another group of American's attempted the same trick and failed leaving a total mess behind.

You can then look at a club like Portsmouth that went through god knows how many owners before entering administration and Leeds who were buried for years by reckless spending a similar fate will shortly be hitting Derby County who may not even survive.

Ashley obviously wasn't popular with the fans I can see why many fans will just want to watch their team be good and not worry about what the owner does or has done to earn their billions and what they do outside of the club they just want to go and watch their team play and win every week. Football is supposed to be our escape from reality a pleasure to enjoy so it's a shame what it's become entagled in but I get why a lot of fans still want to keep that break and just enjoy watching the team and ignore the dirty side of the game.

It's a tough one with Ashley he came with big plans but clearly didn't realise the depth of the problems in the clubs finances when he took them on, some unpopular decisions early on lost him the fans and it's taken years for him to offload the club during which he's not been willing to put any of his own money in. As a result Newcastle has just been drifting along for years but now they've hit the football lottery so I can see why fans will be excited.

Guess it'll be a bit like City when they got the cash there's going to need to be a few rounds of investment to climb the table before targetting the very top players to come and join them and go for titles but it's basically inevitable.

I seem to remember a lot of united fans wanting a Saudi buyout.

They do have terrible human rights, but lets not think all these kit manufacturers have suspect manufacturing etc. Of course what the Saudi's do is way worse than child labour etc.

I don't think in this instance it's sportwashing, I don't think the state has anything to do with it...... o_O yeah of course it doesn't!

I don't think I would have been happy with a Saudi buyout to be honest. In fact I know I wouldn't have been. But would it stop me supporting them, probably not.
I would have felt disgraced

On the same note, a company, not a national funding with a horrendous culture as who has just been accepted into the EPL, put in a bid for Chelsea. They wouldn't sell. Went for Spurs, Levy wanted more. Didn't even consider us or the scousers coz they're Chinese based and won't deal with yanks. Now it looks like they'll take the Hammers. The money they'll put up is astonishing. What football can offer and can provide in China is pretty obvious. Quite frightening in a sense, NUFC and WHFC r going to be in that position, which we have witnessed so many times before, where clubs that we think have no bearing, history, reputation or feckin right to be near MUFC in world football r going to be able to treat us as shooting ducks.
The game today doesn't allow for, or even remember past glories, unfortunately.
We have allowed the glazers and their histrionics for far too long!
If, as I've been accused of on numerous occasions on this forum, of being a pessimist, scaremongering and liar, on this forum, just ask why I have this info and who this company is and what's their worth, just ask. I can give u all the details coz my best mate ( a Scotsman) founded that company
Bruce will be gone before long. He’s definitely a dead man walking.

I see the stories that the PL have received assurances that the Saudi state will not be in control of the club. What a load of bull. It’s totally immoral that the PL have ratified this takeover but I don’t suppose Newcastle fans will care where the money comes from, as long as it’s spent in abundance and it’s bringing them success. Mike Ashley maybe hated by Newcastle fans but what they have gotten into bed with is just on another level.

Wonder if Mbappe, Haaland etc are already getting ready to spew the lines of I always watched and admired Newcastle growing up :p

All the prem teams throwing their dolly out the pram, and complaining to the prem league. Ha, you reap what you sow.

All the prem teams throwing their dolly out the pram, and complaining to the prem league. Ha, you reap what you sow.

Well they are largely powerless to stop any owners coming in and buying a club unless there's a genuine legal challenge that can be made in court otherwise they'd likely be breaking competition laws and acting as a cartel deciding who can and cannot own a football club.

I think their issue is more the speed that the situation changed one minute there was the issue over piracy of their TV rights deals and also who would actually control the club then suddenly all those issues were resolved in secret at the deal was done before it was discussed again with the member clubs.

I mean how they can legit claim that the chairman of the company that owns 80% of the club who's also the prince of the Saudi royal family isn't going to be making any decisions in the club is a bit far fetched. Don't think he'll be deciding the ticket prices but he'll certainly be the one making the big decisions when it comes to investment into the club.

Well they are largely powerless to stop any owners coming in and buying a club unless there's a genuine legal challenge that can be made in court otherwise they'd likely be breaking competition laws and acting as a cartel deciding who can and cannot own a football club.

I think their issue is more the speed that the situation changed one minute there was the issue over piracy of their TV rights deals and also who would actually control the club then suddenly all those issues were resolved in secret at the deal was done before it was discussed again with the member clubs.

I mean how they can legit claim that the chairman of the company that owns 80% of the club who's also the prince of the Saudi royal family isn't going to be making any decisions in the club is a bit far fetched. Don't think he'll be deciding the ticket prices but he'll certainly be the one making the big decisions when it comes to investment into the club.
Och aye, the totally scrupulous EPL

Rodgers has publicly committed to Leicester so he won’t be replacing Bruce.

Seen Lampard’s name mentioned personally don’t get that one if I was a Newcastle fan celebrating winning the football lottery I’d probably see Lampard as a bit of a backwards step.

Surely first thing they need is some proper guys at the top building it from the top.

I reckon they sign Lingard in January. Don't think they'll be taking any of our other rubbish.

But him at StMax will make a good pairing.

One out there move I think they could get through is Sterling.

Not sure Sterling will want to spend his prime years chasing top 4 rather than titles can't see him dropping down.

I reckon they might start with a load of expensive loan wages rather than buys just to make sure they stay up.

They are desperate for better defenders up front they've actually got a bit of quality they need some defenders.

Agree with that, I think there will be a couple of big names coming in on loan in January. Guys like Coutinho or Icardi who have fallen down the pecking order slightly at their clubs.

Will be an interesting time in January. Even more interesting who they replace Bruce with. I don’t think it’ll be a hard project to sell - come to us and we will give you crap loads of money. Done deal.

I think with Sterling he's just not getting any game time at the moment. I think he may be willing to chase the cash make and be the face of this new era.

Sterling is maybe one they could attract in 12 months but for now I think he rides it out at City then looks for another club that's already in the CL to move to.

But yeah I reckon clubs will be looking to dump high earners who aren't playing there on loan and those players might take that move but convincing them to join full time will be tricky unless they chuck big money around.

Remember when City first got the cash they were having to sign players like Santa Cruz took a couple of years before they could get players like Silva, Yaya and Aguero to come.

He's one of the names that has been linked wouldn't have an issue with sending him on loan to them for 6 months if he fancied it.

Bruce will be manager for the Spurs game so will manage his 1,000th top flight match which is a hell of an achievement.

Very much sounds like he's on borrowed time the way the takeover happened so quickly probably extends his stay but hard to see it lasting.

I reckon they sign Lingard in January. Don't think they'll be taking any of our other rubbish.

But him at StMax will make a good pairing.

One out there move I think they could get through is Sterling.

:rolleyes:

Think I saw a headline yesterday of José saying how much he's always loved Newcastle :D

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back