Newcastle Discussion 2021/22

Another defeat at the weekend 6 points from safety and another 7 league games before any new signings will arrive.

Norwich and Burnley next for them they need to pick up points in these games if they want to survive as after that it's Leicester (a), Liverpool (a), City (h) and Utd (h).

Bad start to their horror run got an absolute pummeling off Leicester yesterday 4-0 to start that horrible run of fixtures.

In the bottom half of the league one 1 team (Villa) have won more than 1 game in the last 5 they've won 3 of the last 5.

With the right back signed in Tripper talk is they've now made an offer to Everton for their out of favour left back Lucas Digne around £20m with Sean Longstaff going to Everton as part of the deal.

Digne is out of favour with Benitez having criticised his tactics and playing style.

Not sure signing Chris Wood is the key to solving their problems but they have agreed a fee of £20m. He’s a solid striker but I feel they need someone to come in and start smashing them in. Has always been a player who has caused teams problems but we shall see whether this is a good move.

Plenty of other players linked of late. Botman from Lille looks to be one that could go through and he would be a good addition to their central defence.

Not sure signing Chris Wood is the key to solving their problems but they have agreed a fee of £20m. He’s a solid striker but I feel they need someone to come in and start smashing them in. Has always been a player who has caused teams problems but we shall see whether this is a good move.

Plenty of other players linked of late. Botman from Lille looks to be one that could go through and he would be a good addition to their central defence.

Strengthens them and weakens Burnley. Was thinking why the hell would Burnley sell to them then I saw it's a release clause, surprised other clubs haven't taken a punt on him if you can get him for £20m as he's a decent PL striker. He's 30 now so I'm guessing the contract he'll get at Newcastle will be way better than what he earns currently at Burnley.

He's kind of what they need for now just to stay up or get them back up next season but if they stay up they'll be buying again in the summer to bring in a better player and use Wood/Wilson for the squad next season..

Creates a real problem for Burnley though as he scores quite a few of their goals.

Botman apparently won't happen as Lille won't sell mid season, Digne apparently rejected them looks more likely he will join Villa but so far Wood and Trippier look like two fairly sensible signings.

Strengthens them and weakens Burnley. Was thinking why the hell would Burnley sell to them then I saw it's a release clause, surprised other clubs haven't taken a punt on him if you can get him for £20m as he's a decent PL striker. He's 30 now so I'm guessing the contract he'll get at Newcastle will be way better than what he earns currently at Burnley.

He's kind of what they need for now just to stay up or get them back up next season but if they stay up they'll be buying again in the summer to bring in a better player and use Wood/Wilson for the squad next season..

Creates a real problem for Burnley though as he scores quite a few of their goals.

Botman apparently won't happen as Lille won't sell mid season, Digne apparently rejected them looks more likely he will join Villa but so far Wood and Trippier look like two fairly sensible signings.

Think Burnley will offer most if not all the £20m to Blackburn Rovers for Chile International Ben Brereton Díaz(he was at United till he was 14) who is banging them in in the Championship, and despite being their fiercest rivals I doubt Blackburn would be able to turn that sort of money down.

Think Burnley will offer most if not all the £20m to Blackburn Rovers for Chile International Ben Brereton Díaz(he was at United till he was 14) who is banging them in in the Championship, and despite being their fiercest rivals I doubt Blackburn would be able to turn that sort of money down.

Not sure how that will go down with Blackburn those two clubs hate each other and I'm not sure how he'd feel about it unless Burnley offered him a huge contract that he just couldn't turn down.

The lad has a crazy story he mentioned his Chilean heritage in a club interview bit of a throw away comment, Football Manager added the detail to his profile on the game and the story is the Chilean FA found out that he qualified through that.

Not sure how that will go down with Blackburn those two clubs hate each other and I'm not sure how he'd feel about it unless Burnley offered him a huge contract that he just couldn't turn down.

The lad has a crazy story he mentioned his Chilean heritage in a club interview bit of a throw away comment, Football Manager added the detail to his profile on the game and the story is the Chilean FA found out that he qualified through that.
Then added Diaz to his name! It’s quite a story and he has a major career upward curve. I remember he was always highly rated at Forest and apparently was in our youth set up for a time.

I think he would be worth a punt on but Blackburn are in a good place in the Championship so may hold out to see if he can get them in the EPL.

Then added Diaz to his name! It’s quite a story and he has a major career upward curve. I remember he was always highly rated at Forest and apparently was in our youth set up for a time.

I think he would be worth a punt on but Blackburn are in a good place in the Championship so may hold out to see if he can get them in the EPL.

Yeah it all depends on the offer if Burnley are offering big wages with no relegation clauses etc then he maybe has to take it as you never know when the hot streak might end or an injury hits.

If he doesn't get promoted and keeps scoring you'd expect a few prem clubs will be looking at him in the summer.

Confirmed the signing of Chris Wood from Burnley signed 2.5 year contract.

Burnley are looking in more and more trouble this season.

Confirmed the signing of Chris Wood from Burnley signed 2.5 year contract.

Burnley are looking in more and more trouble this season.
It is looking like that but losing Wood could force their hand and play a little differently. I’ve heard reports that Burnley are now after a couple of strikers from Europe so will be interesting to see who they can bring in.

I think they are starting to try and get away from the ‘Burnley way’ by bringing in Cornet and also developing McNeil who are more technical players. But they are in mega trouble.

It is looking like that but losing Wood could force their hand and play a little differently. I’ve heard reports that Burnley are now after a couple of strikers from Europe so will be interesting to see who they can bring in.

I think they are starting to try and get away from the ‘Burnley way’ by bringing in Cornet and also developing McNeil who are more technical players. But they are in mega trouble.

Thing is are the owners prepared to spend any money? Think they're owned by an investment firm now so they surely will want to see them stay in the PL. The teams gone a bit stale I reckon they've barely spent any money in the last few seasons and Cornet is off at AFCoN so they're light on numbers.

Tarkowski I think is out of contract in the summer as well so he'll be off.

Wouldn't rule out Dyche following I don't really see a problem with the "Burnley way" it works it just needs a bit of a refresh with some new faces. Nothing wrong with being a physical tough to beat side if they are looking to change it they probably need to try to change it over a summer window without Dyche.

As for Newcastle they're in a bit of a funny situation they've got all this money but no top player is really going to take them seriously until they start challenging for top 4 spots. Kind of like one of those billionaires that dresses like a tramp they could walk into a car showroom and not get any attention because everyone assumes they can't afford the car when in fact they could buy every car in the showroom just for a laugh.

Bad result for them at the weekend a 1-1 draw at home to Watford a late equaliser and they're now below Norwich after their win. It looks like 3 from 4 in terms of relegation from Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich and Watford. Everton and maybe Leeds could be dragged in but they've got a bit of breathing space.

Transfer rumour central with Newcastle at the moment.

Keylor Navas on loan from PSG
Diego Carlos signing from Sevilla
VDB on loan from Utd

The Diego Carlos one could happen if they chuck enough money at him I think he'd take the pay day.

Looks like Bruno Guimares is on his way from Lyon in a deal worth up to £40m and they're still working on a deal for Diego Carlos but unless they pay his buyout clause which is £60m sounds like that one won't happen.

Bruno Guimares confirmed

Also agreed a fee with Brighton for Dan Burn reported around £13m

Rumours they want Dean a Henderson on loan and he wants to go but Utd won’t allow it.

Looks like a busy day at Newcastle today which is to be expected.They have agreed a deal to sign Ekitike who is apparently a really promising young striker. Targett looks like he’s arriving in from Villa.

Could well be in for Henderson and Lingard as well.

Would be hilarious if they still went down.

Sensible appointment wouldn't surprise me if they go back for Potter once Howe is found to be out of his depth.

Dan Burn has made such a big difference to them and I think you can see the impact he has if you look at Brighton since he left.

Newcastle are now only 2 points behind his former club who've lost every game since he left.

A decent finish to the season and Newcastle could end up in the top half.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sportwashing at it’s finest!

Newcastle have turned onto one of those despicable clubs!

Dan Ashworth confirmed as their new sporting director.

Worked at West Brom, Brighton and the FA before taking this role.

Sounds to me like they're going for the slow structured building up of the club rather than the more expensive scatter gun approach which isn't surprising given where the money is coming from.

They were excellent in the second half of the season think a lot of people will be wondering what they're going to do this summer as surely next season their owners will expect to see them up into the top half as a minimum.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back