Newcastle Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
English tax strikes again!

He’s obviously got potential but have never been overly impressed - think Everton have got a good deal here. They can get a much better player from European football if they’ve got a good scouting system.

Premier league clubs have so much money they have to pay top money.

Must admit I’ve not been totally sold by what I have seen of him but when Utd and Chelsea are paying 80m for Anthony and Mudryk then that doesn’t seem so crazy.

Still not sure there’s enough goals in that Newcastle side to get top 4.

Done deal £40m with £5m of potential add ons.

Pope suspended following his red card against Liverpool and Dubravka cup tied for the final!

6pts behind Newcastle with a game in hand - I would say Liverpool are still very much in the top four race.

Karius will put in a worldie performance

Cannot remember what threads I mentioned it but when we have chatted about striking options in the past, I have always thrown Isak’s name out there. And he was everything a striker should be yesterday without the goal to his name. He had a slow start due to a niggling injury or two but now he is really coming up trumps for Newcastle.

Obviously not going to happen now but he would be there or thereabouts in a striker discussion for me - in regards to who do we buy in the summer.

Yep he looks the part maybe not quite in the world class category but certainly looks like a striker who's capable of getting you plenty of goals in a season and his link up play was also very good.

I thought they'd run out of steam in the run in but yesterday they looked totally refreshed they've got West Ham away in midweek if they can go there and win they'll be in really good shape for that top 4 spot.

Yep I did think they would have fallen away by now but they’ve hung in there and can grind out results.

The next three games for them are crucial and if they can get out of those games with a couple of wins then they are definitely a big threat. West Ham away won’t be easy and then they’ve got Brentford and Villa away who are both in good form.

They have 11 games left in the league if they can get 20 points from those games I think they're in the top 4 that gets them to 70 points, it's the same equation for us.

5-1 against West Ham. Granted they were helped by some absolutely abysmal West Ham defending but a good win nonetheless.

Newcastle look in ominous form. They are going to have a strong end to the season.

Yep very impressive the 2 weeks off seems to have them fully recharged.

Wilson is back in the goals and Isak is fit as well, he looks a real quality player.

West Ham chucked them two cheap goals but Newcastle looked very good.

I thought they were going to fall away but it looks like I got that completely wrong.

I'm not sure, we were very poor against Newcastle, and by all accounts West Ham were attrocious. Like one of the worst defesive performances of the prem league. Easy to get carried away.

Lets see how they do against Brentford.

I'm not sure, we were very poor against Newcastle, and by all accounts West Ham were attrocious. Like one of the worst defesive performances of the prem league. Easy to get carried away.

Lets see how they do against Brentford.

Easy to say we were poor but they absolutely rolled us over on another day we could have shipped 5 against them.

I think they're a very good side, they're lacking quality in depth but they'll be a handful for any opponent.

It looked a few weeks back like they'd run out of steam but it does feel like they've got themselves going again and with no midweek games I think they'll finish strong unless they get injuries.

Pretty rampant again today. Brentford leading at half time but 3 quick goals in the second half have basically killed the game. Thought they would struggle today but kudos to them.

Scratch that, third goal looks like it’s been chalked off.

Pretty rampant again today. Brentford leading at half time but 3 quick goals in the second half have basically killed the game. Thought they would struggle today but kudos to them.

Dont b concerning yourself with that too much. Were not in a goal difference competition :confused:

Think Howe made some changes at half time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back