Newcastle Discussion 2022/23

jsp

Agreed a deal with Burnley for Nick Pope.

Think that's a great signing for them goalkeeper has been a problem position for them for a while.

Think the target for them this season has got to be finish in the top half the money is now there to start building a squad and I think they'll have to resist the urge to just go mad in the way some clubs who fall into riches do. QPR I'm looking at you!

So far it seems like they're putting some thought into the slow build over a few seasons and I think Pope fits with that.

SuperRash

They haven’t gone hell for leather signings wise yet like I thought they would.

Pope would be a shrewd bit of business. He should be the England number 1 in my opinion. Much much better than Pickford or Ramsdale for me.

jsp

Think Pickford plays because for England he never lets us down if he starts making mistakes he might lose his spot.

Newcastle bringing in Dan Ashworth suggests they’re looking to build something slowly not just blow a load of money in big names.

Justin Cider

Snip at £8-10m if true, but I don't think he's that much of an upgrade on Dubravka, if at all.

jsp

I've never really rated Dubravka to be honest think Pope is a pretty solid keeper.

Good shot stopper and dominant in the air with crosses but not sure how good he is at the more modern requirements of sweeping and playing out as lets be honest at Burnley that wasn't part of the job.

jsp

Agreed a deal with Lille for Sven Botman for around £35m.

This guy was in demand apparently Milan were pretty confident about getting him so that's a big signal of intent.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now