New MoTD host

Ok so, putting aside the principle. Does anyone have a view on the actual statement made by Lineker?

I think he over egged it a bit but there’s definitely substance to what he said.

The language being used by the Tories towards asylum seekers is the sort of stuff we used to here parties like the BNP dish out.

I think he over egged it a bit but there’s definitely substance to what he said.

The language being used by the Tories towards asylum seekers is the sort of stuff we used to here parties like the BNP dish out.
I transferred this conversation to what I presumed would be a more appropriate thread.

I still cant work out how to start a thread here?

I transferred this conversation to what I presumed would be a more appropriate thread.

I still cant work out how to start a thread here?

Click on forums in top right corner should be a black box saying post thread.

If it isn’t there then message a moderator and they should be able to sort it out.

BBC Commentators may also boycott tomorrow

PFA have said some players want to boycott post game interviews in solidarity and asked for PFA backing should they face fines.

They have got a real problem now of de-escalating this one now.

They’re due to host live FA cup games next weekend on the BBC you have to wonder who will back down first. I suspect Lineker will go but the question will be how many follow him.

Todays WSL game on the BBC will be shown with no presenter/pundit and the commentary from the world feed.

Not sure how the Beeb can come back from this. Presenters can't just go back on air next week without appearing to have agreed to being censored. All the good ones can just walk into Sky/BT/ITV and start working tomorrow, so the BBC needs them more than the other way around.

Linekar returns and the BBC are to issue a formal apology. They really messed up their handling of that one.

Can they knock out a proper episode of MOTD 2 now so I can get some proper highlights of the game yesterday.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back