New goalkeeper, younger midfielder and striker in the summer

Of course, i don't rate him. He is another untechnical number 10. He doesn't have the ability to get away from the press and drive with the ball. Le fee is better, younger and worth a lot less

Looks very impressive in youtube videos, but then who doesn't, and gotta ask if he is so good why at 23 is he still playing for FC Lorient, why has he agreed term with Rennes, and why is it the only other club rumoured to be interested in him is Bournemouth??? It's hardly the who's who of European football is it?

Looks very impressive in youtube videos, but then who doesn't, and gotta ask if he is so good why at 23 is he still playing for FC Lorient, why has he agreed term with Rennes, and why is it the only other club rumoured to be interested in him is Bournemouth??? It's hardly the who's who of European football is it?
I have watched Mount intensly since 2 years ago and what i see is another lampard. A number 10 that profite from the work of his midfielder while not doing any hard work. He also is very limited technically and can't drive with the ball a little like Bruno. It's clear that he is not a deep lying playmaker Aka FDJ and he can't be a box to box without the ability to carry the ball. Now look at the France u21 trio (Le Fée, Koné, Thuram) and what you can see is the ability to ball carry. There is the european u21 tournament coming soon, let see who is interested after this tournament

I’m not a massive fan of Mount but come on you’ve got to trust the manager - that’s why he’s paid the big bucks after all.
It's a bizzare purchase, not the sort of player we need, he's another Donny VDB really.

I also wouldnt be 100% that he's a ETH purchase the way the club have bought players in the past

Seem to be a few Pickford rumours going around the gossip.

I don't know what make of it, he's good with his feet, I think he does well for England, and generally good for Everton. But he does have some real bad moments.

It would be good to have a gobby GK for a change

I have watched Mount intensly since 2 years ago and what i see is another lampard. A number 10 that profite from the work of his midfielder while not doing any hard work. He also is very limited technically and can't drive with the ball a little like Bruno. It's clear that he is not a deep lying playmaker Aka FDJ and he can't be a box to box without the ability to carry the ball. Now look at the France u21 trio (Le Fée, Koné, Thuram) and what you can see is the ability to ball carry. There is the european u21 tournament coming soon, let see who is interested after this tournament

Mount is absolutely nothing like Lampard. My god if he was you'd snap him up. Mount is very technically good. I'm not a fan of him but I'm not sure you've been watching the correct player. However you cannot like Mount to Lampard they couldn't be further away as players. Lampard was a top player. He had everything to his game. One of the best players I've had the privilege of watching live.

Also Bruno is technically good and can drive with the ball.

Mount is absolutely nothing like Lampard. My god if he was you'd snap him up. Mount is very technically good. I'm not a fan of him but I'm not sure you've been watching the correct player. However you cannot like Mount to Lampard they couldn't be further away as players. Lampard was a top player. He had everything to his game. One of the best players I've had the privilege of watching live.

Also Bruno is technically good and can drive with the ball.
You are wrong. Mount is the same type of Lampard just not the same level. He basicaly room around the box looking to strike the ball in the black of the net. Also Bruno is not technical enough to carry the ball. Every time he try he got dispossesed. If you can't see the difference in driving ability between Bruno and De bruine or Bernardo Silva i can't help you, sorry to disagree with you on this.

Always had Mount down as a creator looks to pass rather than shoot, Lampard a totally different player from a different era his game was mainly about getting around the box and taking shots at goal. An incredible goal scorer from midfield but not someone who dictated a game or controlled the midfield.

Lampard was much more in the De Bruyne/Gerrard style centre mid a number 8 who can do a bit of everything in the midfield but his technique for striking the ball made him deadly around the box.

Mount is a technical wide player but I think he lacks a bit of the acceleration that say Bernardo Silva has to really get himself out of trouble when he twists and turns. Bernardo is a fairly unique player his mastery of close control and dribbling is about as good as it gets. Mount is probably more of a David Silva type player but I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as David Silva was but maybe Ten Hag sees something he can unlock in him.

Bruno doesn’t carry the ball long distances because he isn’t quick enough to move away from players but what he’s brilliant at is late decision making and react to what you are doing and change your decision to suit.

The Mount question to me is a pretty simple one. Will he be a better option to start alongside Casemiro than Eriksen next season?

I suspect the reason we are in for Mount is we’d like a homegrown player with PL experience to come into the squad and we don’t have enough money or aren’t attractive enough to Rice.

What's that, you don't rate him because he's English, watch the video below for just a few minutes, and that's in the most physically demanding League in the World, and not in the after you Claude French League.

Doubt what he or any other player does at the u21 will change scouts view of him. Can't remember the last player that got a move to a bigger club on the strength of what they did at said tournament.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What's that, you don't rate him because he's English, watch the video below for just a few minutes, and that's in the most physically demanding League in the World, and not in the after you Claude French League.

Doubt what he or any other player does at the u21 will change scouts view of him. Can't remember the last player that got a move to a bigger club on the strength of what they did at said tournament.

I just watched the video to please you.
Nothing i have seen change my mind about Mount. He is a number 10, a good striker of the ball from midfield. He operate mostly in the final 3rd like Bruno and has managed only 3 pass from deep in a highlight video. Can we agree he never proved is worth as a number 8 ? I only like 2 types of number 8, a deep lying playmaker or a box to box. He is not it, so i pass. I like English player (Rashford, Shaw, Foden,Bellingham, Rice, Kane, Saka, Walker) but only when they are the correct type to improve United. As for the fact Mount is in PL and Enzo is not is stupid. Enzo is not a PL reject, he simply never had the chance to play in the PL, that doesn't mean he will fail when he come in. Also, to be clear i prefer Koné out of the France u21 trio.

I just watched the video to please you.
Nothing i have seen change my mind about Mount. He is a number 10, a good striker of the ball from midfield. He operate mostly in the final 3rd like Bruno and has managed only 3 pass from deep in a highlight video. Can we agree he never proved is worth as a number 8 ? I only like 2 types of number 8, a deep lying playmaker or a box to box. He is not it, so i pass. I like English player (Rashford, Shaw, Foden,Bellingham, Rice, Kane, Saka, Walker) but only when they are the correct type to improve United. As for the fact Mount is in PL and Enzo is not is stupid. Enzo is not a PL reject, he simply never had the chance to play in the PL, that doesn't mean he will fail when he come in. Also, to be clear i prefer Koné out of the France u21 trio.

If he signs he will be younger more energetic replacement for Eriksen, the only problem I would have with him signing is we be helping Chelsea recoup some of the money they wasted in January.

It's not stupid, it's the most important factor when bringing players in.

If he signs he will be younger more energetic replacement for Eriksen, the only problem I would have with him signing is we be helping Chelsea recoup some of the money they wasted in January.

It's not stupid, it's the most important factor when bringing players in.
Buying Mount will finance Chelsea to get Caicedo who is a superior player. That is stupid business. I rather we take Caicedo than buy Mount

It seems that his strengths are things that Bruno does better. I don't know why we'd compromise Bruno for a worse version of himself, unless we want him to play as an 8/right wing meaning Bruno doesn't have to and can just concentrate on being a 10?

"Where exactly he’d fit in for United remains to be seen, though he is versatile enough to be an option in a number of different positions in Ten Hag’s 4-3-3. He could be seen as a more dynamic and athletic number 8 than Christian Eriksen, who would provide a bigger goal threat from midfield than the Dane. Or he could play as a narrow 10 on either flank who comes inside to receive between the lines while Jadon Sancho or Marcus Rashford plays a more direct, running role on the opposite side. If Kane was to come in, he could play off the centre-forward as he has done for England."

Seen much of Habib Diarra of Strasbourg @Lordkluivert, any good, potential Premier League player??
Never Seen him play. I mostly follow the u21 in France and some unexpected surprise like Lens. They have Openda in front and a Man City reject in the middle (Fofana) that play good football. Nice have Thuram, Todibo and Moffi. Lyon has a young promissing CB. The over team mostly use older players that doesn't interest me. Let me check on this Diarra

Seen much of Habib Diarra of Strasbourg @Lordkluivert, any good, potential Premier League player??
Just Seen a video of him.
Look like a true CDM with some running power in him. He look most like a Casemiro replacement than someone that could play alongside. I prefer Caicedo and if we must go for cheaper than Koné or Thuram and if not Le Fée in this order. Of course easiest choice was Laimer for free but we didn't compete with Bayern and completly forgotten the Ragnick advise. I suggest a bid for Gravenberch because he is unhappy with his playing Time and will certainly play less now that they have Laimer in.

Just Seen a video of him.
Look like a true CDM with some running power in him. He look most like a Casemiro replacement than someone that could play alongside. I prefer Caicedo and if we must go for cheaper than Koné or Thuram and if not Le Fée in this order. Of course easiest choice was Laimer for free but we didn't compete with Bayern and completly forgotten the Ragnick advise. I suggest a bid for Gravenberch because he is unhappy with his playing Time and will certainly play less now that they have Laimer in.

Maybe that's why United are tracking him, somebody to groom to take over from him.

So you see Mainoo as a number 8 ?
Whitch type he is ?
Box to box or deep lying playmaker or hybrid

I've seen far more of Mainoo and going forward is his strength, he's not lacking defensively but he's got a lot to learn, and Caicedo does his best work defensively and has a better long game - I'd say they are both 6's

Anyho not the thread to continue this.

Thought it was strange that our Captain in-waiting Bruno F sent Fenerbahçe midfielder Arda Güler(18)a good luck message before the recent Turkish Cup final, but having seen his cameo against Wales a few days ago I think I know why, the kid could be something really really special.

Sounds like an agent trying to drum up interest and drive up the bidding.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back