New contract for Alejandro Garnacho?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Surprised we are low balling him. £20k a week isn't getting a 19 yr old with the world at his feet to sign anything. Assuming there's a 1 missing there?

No real drama at the moment, he has a contract until 2025 as he has a one year option. Sure we will get this done no problem.

Utd have to be careful we ended up giving Williams £60k a week because his contract was expiring as he broke into the team.

I suspect they'll be looking to give him a deal that brings him in line with Elanga/Amad/Pellistri with options to re-negotiate in 12 months for a bump if he continues to progress.

My guess is the Garnacho side will be saying he is now an established first team player and should be paid accordingly which would be £60-80k for squad players at Utd.

The club just can't win .... the club gives pups too much to soon and they lose motivation .... and if you believe the rumoured offer there's a chance they have conveniently not mentioned that the figures mentioned would be his basic with huge financial incentives to start matches, and massive bonuses for scoring goals and creating chances, plus win bonuses. For example if he starts a League game for United, he scores or assists and United win he could be getting £80k a week, and if that's not enough for him(and his agent) he can do one.

It would pay the leccy bill anyhow's and keep you out the food bank!
I'd say. There isn't much I wouldn't do for £20K/month let alone per week but then again I don't have a modicum of his talent on the football pitch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good news if true.

Surprised we are low balling him. £20k a week isn't getting a 19 yr old with the world at his feet to sign anything. Assuming there's a 1 missing there?
He's not playing many minutes to warrant a huge contract. 20 does seem low though. I'd say 35 with maybe a clause saying if he get nore minutes it gets reviewed.

We all sit here and say he's brilliant, but he hasn't played enough. The coach and Bruno have mention his attitude, so we need to be careful.

According to what I have found online Pellistri is on £20k a week and Dalot is on £25k a week.

The club will end up paying whatever it is happy with but timing with these contracts is always important I think the last contract Greenwood signed was for around £70k a week and that was after he'd had 18 months as a first team player. Garnacho has only been in the first team for 2-3 months.

I suspect Utd will want to recognise his progress but the reality with all these contracts is even if he signed a new deal now on £50k a week for example if next season he bangs in 10-15 goals he'll likely want a rise on that and it'll become a 2 year cycle where his contract is constantly topped up.

The good news is we seem to be negotiating from a pretty strong position we aren't trying to sign him to a new deal when he's down to the last year.

He's not playing many minutes to warrant a huge contract. 20 does seem low though. I'd say 35 with maybe a clause saying if he get nore minutes it gets reviewed.

We all sit here and say he's brilliant, but he hasn't played enough. The coach and Bruno have mention his attitude, so we need to be careful.

How long does he carry on getting 20-35 minutes though. At the moment he's the second best winger at the club playing better than Antony and Sancho who will both be on 10-15 times that money.

If anyone came in for him they'd be offering him triple that money.

I think you review on a regular basis. And agree that in the contract.

I think the negotiations will likely depend on how keen he is to stay.

If he wants to stay and make a name for himself at Utd then it'll likely be an easier deal to do if he's got one eye on the move back to Spain then it'll likely be more difficult.

I mean these stories in the paper are likely coming from the Garnacho side as there's no reason why Utd would be talking to the press but he is tied down to a contract and if they haven't agreed something by the summer then they might have to make a tough decision on him.

He isn't going to sign a 5 year deal unless you offer him proper first team money but they may agree a shorter term contract so there's an incentive on both sides to negotiate again in the future.

Why do you continue to post rubbish sources/United blogs?

That's a bit rich considering some of the nonsense you post in new threads where there is obvious no truth in(reliable source or not), the lack of replies should tell you that if you weren't sure, and the above post was for your attention only after you got all masterful and locked my thread from this morning without giving it time to develop. Why not put all the crap rumours in one thread, and not just clutter up the place?

That's a bit rich considering some of the nonsense you post in new threads where there is obvious no truth in(reliable source or not), the lack of replies should tell you that if you weren't sure, and the above post was for your attention only after you got all masterful and locked my thread from this morning without giving it time to develop. Why not put all the crap rumours in one thread, and not just clutter up the place?
Nope.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back