MUW 22/23 season

Justin Cider

Top Poster Of Month
Sheffield & Brighouse Town player signs for MUW's u21 side.

Jennifer Handy, a goalkeeper, no seriously, joins the squad who won a League and Cup double last season.

Wasn't sure about Skinner as Manager but he's got them playing some great stuff this year, they come from behind, scoring two in the last 5 minutes against the League leaders Arsenal to win 2-3 in London , then followed it up with a 5-0 win at Old Trafford in front of a crowd of over 30,000 against Aston Villa playing football The Doc would have been proud of.

Massive match at the Etihad on Sunday, with 40,000 tickets already sold according to City, it's live on BBC on Sunday, coverage starts at 12:15, it's probably a season early for United to compete for the League, and it will probably be between United and City for 3rd place(behind Chelsea and Arsenal) which would mean Champions League football for United next season if they pip the Blues.

Give it a watch, think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the standard of football.

Breaking into the top 3 would be a big step for them.

Good to see them using the main stadiums while the premier league isn't on and getting some good crowds in.

Tickets are on open sale, you can apparently buy 6, but if they took a chance and made it pay on the day as well(though no doubt the Police would have something to say about that, sadly), and then followed Arsenal's lead in our last away match and give United fans the same section the Men's team gets City might well be able to put the 'Full House' sign up for the first time in years, if ever.

And Battle of the Bands also continues, with Manchester-based band Strawberry Lemonade playing live at 12pm.

Fans are advised to make their way to their seats by 12:15 in preparation for the Etihad firework display, which will set the tone for a captivating encounter.

The League maybe a stretch too far this season, still an outside chance mind, but a top three finish getting into the Champions League would be a great achievement, and with Riviere, Cascarino and Naalsund all joining the squad in the last few days the chances of achieving that have increased significantly.

Another win, bit lucky but should be enough for CL now

Double is still on.

Just need to sign up Earps Russo and Batlle

The double is on but a CL place isn't even guaranteed City in 4th are 6 points back with a game in hand so still everything to play for.

You would hope if they can make the CL then the top players will sign new deals as the budget will be bigger if they don't there must be a worry that a lot of the better players will leave.

Chelsea play Arsenal so although it's not yet points wise a guarantee, they should do it. They would need a complete flop.

Girls won again, practically last attack. Showed real grit and determination. They're a good team.

Just need Chelsea to slip up

Then why post on the toptic?

Good on the girls, going for the title against teams with better squads and deeper pockets.
Just telling it like it is really. That’s better than all the WOKE nonsense that’s going on.
All this mixing up the men’s and women’s fixture lists, results etc on sites such as Sky Sports is ridiculous. Why can’t they keep it separated?

Just telling it like it is really. That’s better than all the WOKE nonsense that’s going on.
All this mixing up the men’s and women’s fixture lists, results etc on sites such as Sky Sports is ridiculous. Why can’t they keep it separated?

I mean this thread is quite clearly separated so that's not what your issue is.

It's literally under 'Manchester United Women' titled 'MUW 22/23'

Your issue is women proving themselves in society. It's the second time you've raised something similar.

For the record women making it on their own doesn't make you less of a man. You wanting to keep tearing them down does. And it isn't woke for cheering others on and their achievements. Again for the second time this week. Get a grip.

I know right, can’t believe the women are getting any kind of coverage. They should all be in the kitchen cooking us men meals!

You really are showing us your outdated views and it’s pretty sad. So what if the women are getting some coverage on Sky Sports? 95% of the news stories are still on men’s football at any given time - but the women are rightly getting recognition for their achievements. Why should the news stories be separated, it’s football at the end of the day?

How is women's football woke? It's just football.

And it's decent stuff, I enjoy watching our ladies team, got some really good players and it's an exciting close to the season.

Sky Sports and other news channels report on it because people are interested, they wouldn't do it otherwise

I for one wished it was 20 years ago so my girls could have got into it rather than watching some of the stuff I had to :D

I mean this thread is quite clearly separated so that's not what your issue is.

It's literally under 'Manchester United Women' titled 'MUW 22/23'

Your issue is women proving themselves in society. It's the second time you've raised something similar.

For the record women making it on their own doesn't make you less of a man. You wanting to keep tearing them down does. And it isn't woke for cheering others on and their achievements. Again for the second time this week. Get a grip.
You right enough the thread is separate and suitably titled and as jsp said I should have just chose not to comment.
The rest of your post is nonsense, making assumptions about peoples issues.

I know right, can’t believe the women are getting any kind of coverage. They should all be in the kitchen cooking us men meals!

You really are showing us your outdated views and it’s pretty sad. So what if the women are getting some coverage on Sky Sports? 95% of the news stories are still on men’s football at any given time - but the women are rightly getting recognition for their achievements. Why should the news stories be separated, it’s football at the end of the day?
Again why are you making such statements? I never said such things.
It's when they mix the live scores on the website and its not easy to pick out the womens games that I fond annoying.
And FYI, I was as pleased as punch with the Euro's win and what it done for womens football so stop making all these statements and trying to attribute them to me!

I suspect the reason is if they separate it onto another page or programme less people will see it or come across it by accident and then maybe get interested.

They are trying to promote the women’s game not for woke reasons but to help it grow. The more it grows the better chance they have of making money off it which is why Sky are putting money behind it in the same way BT Sports did before them. They need it to catch on so people buy their sports packages and come to their websites.

I suspect the reason is if they separate it onto another page or programme less people will see it or come across it by accident and then maybe get interested.

They are trying to promote the women’s game not for woke reasons but to help it grow. The more it grows the better chance they have of making money off it which is why Sky are putting money behind it in the same way BT Sports did before them. They need it to catch on so people buy their sports packages and come to their websites.
Yes I agree, and that is a polite way of saying it's "being shoved down our throats".

Again why are you making such statements? I never said such things.
It's when they mix the live scores on the website and its not easy to pick out the womens games that I fond annoying.
And FYI, I was as pleased as punch with the Euro's win and what it done for womens football so stop making all these statements and trying to attribute them to me!
You clearly wanted a reaction when you commented that you couldn’t care less and then your ridiculous woke comment. So don’t act all judged when people rightly call you out.

Yes I agree, and that is a polite way of saying it's "being shoved down our throats".

Or simply you now have a choice watch it or don’t watch it. Engage with it or don’t.

I don’t really follow it other than catching the odd bit on TV but same can be said for a number of men’s leagues if I find myself with nothing to do in an evening I’ll search out some football.

The reason these companies are promoting it is because there is clearly a demand for it the more that demand grows the greater the push. If people don’t want it then they’ll stop pushing it that is how this sort of stuff works.

I think the women's football game and some who represent it would massively benefit if Gaby Logan set up the Gabby Logan Training School on how to be a professional sports presenter or pundit.
She is exemplary and a proper professional presenter.

Admittedly Alex Scott does a good job too.

I think the women's football game and some who represent it would massively benefit if Gaby Logan set up the Gabby Logan Training School on how to be a professional sports presenter or pundit.

I presume you would also advocate a men’s training school for all the below par men’s presenters and pundits?

Fara Williams is an excellent pundit, I find her comments really knowledgeable. I wished MoTD would pick her up

I presume you would also advocate a men’s training school for all the below par men’s presenters and pundits?
It's those who try to sexualise it I object to and often just turn off. The Belly Button Brigade
Things have only got worse since this little debate was raging. Presenters should be there on merit not to fulfil a politically correct box ticking exercise. That's the focus of my criticism, nothing to do with the upturn and promotion of the women's game.

Unless the girls get seriously slapped by City(they won't) they have now qualified for next-seasons Champions League, a magnificent achievement from Skinner and the gals.

Their game-understanding as in where to be at any given time, and what to do with the ball when they receive it from 1-11 puts our current Men's team in the shade.

Which is kinda embarrassing ....

Good luck next weekend girls in the FA cup Final, you never know ....

It was good win, I could think CL is guaranteed now.

Chelsea brought that goal difference closer last night

Another good team, the final will tough.

But it's been a good season. Still need to sign up Earps Russo and Batlle

It was good win, I could think CL is guaranteed now.

Chelsea brought that goal difference closer last night

Another good team, the final will tough.

But it's been a good season. Still need to sign up Earps Russo and Batlle

Think Chelsea will have too much knowhow, but you never know, an early goal ....

United still have a one-year option on Earps, but yeah the sooner all three sign new contracts the better.

Chelsea have destroyed that goal difference in two matches. Now 1 point behind with a game in hand.
Maybe we can wobble them by winning the final on Sunday. Difficult though, they seem to have found their scoring boots, Earps could be busy.
But we have been playing really well, should be a good match. Live on BBC

Think Chelsea were always likely to catch them in the league but it would be a fantastic achievement to beat them in the cup final.

Am I right in saying they've never beaten Chelsea?

I dont recall them beating Chelsea, but it's not like Chelsea lose many games to be fair.

No Chelsea are the best side in the country and have been for years.

All Utd can do is win their games if Chelsea do the same in the league then you did all you can.

I don't know if you've seen any of them, united are a great team, really nice to watch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back