Mourinho to take over at Roma

I'm sure Utd will happily send a few more of his boys his way if the owners have got a bit of cash.

Roma already took Smalling maybe they can take Matic, Dalot & De Gea off our hands.

It looks a very odd move for him it's hard to see them being anywhere near the top in Italy next season.

I give it about a month before he slags off Totti and gets chased out of Rome.

He's no fan of De Gea.

Might be able to get rid of Dalot there, although I think he's done ok hasn't he? might save us a few bob.

When he first left us I thought he’d end up in Italy again. I think it’s probably the right sort of league he may well thrive in again. I don’t see how he’s suddenly going to turn Roma into contenders because they looked pretty awful against us. This is a big test to see if he still has that little sprinkle of managerial stardust.

He’s got Smalling and Mkhitaryan as former United guys - like others have mentioned I would be open to him taking Matic and a couple of others.

He's no fan of De Gea.

Might be able to get rid of Dalot there, although I think he's done ok hasn't he? might save us a few bob.

De Gea basically won him every point we got under him why wouldn’t he like Dave? Got the same agent as well.

Dalot has hardly played at Milan been used as the back up full back mainly played in Europa games. From what I read they have absolutely no interest in keeping him next season. There’s also the story that Mourinho never really wanted him in the first place as he didn’t think he was anywhere near first team ready when he signed and he wanted a more experienced RB that summer.

Got a feeling he's said a few things in De Gea After leaving, I could be mistaken.

I thought Dalot had played a bit recently

He said a few things about his contract when he was out of work basically said he’s a very good keeper but Utd gave him to good a contract when he signed his renewal. The digs were more pointed at the board than the keeper from what I found.

I imagine Roma are skint anyway but would Mourinho try and tempt guys like Lingard or Matic to Rome?

Had a quick look Dalot has started 2 of the last 5 games one at right back and one at left back

i really dont understand executives at football clubs
they really are out of touch ,have they not seen how toxic this man has been for the last 2 clubs he managed
starts off all smiles and within 1 month it all goes tits up
just bypass the next 8 months and pay him his £20 million exit fee

I think Mourinho will still do well in Italy. The slower game is suited to his style of play and Roma have new billionaire owners that have just spent £700m buying the club and want to spend to get the club to the top. Juve are a club that need to hit the reset button and Inter have just had their backing withdrawn. I can see things going perfectly for him.

By accepting a job so quickly Mourinho forfeits most of his compensation from Tottenham. I wonder if this was already lined up. As he said in the interview outside Tottenham's ground he didn't need a break and would be back soon.

I'm guessing Jose's compensation package pays him up to the end of the season then allowed him to take another job that is normally how it works.

Interested to see how it works but it has all the warning signs he won't get the players he wants he'll get upset about something and the whole thing will explode.

What?!? Pretty sure I just read that he wanted to take some time out of the game. SMH. Mourinho seems to be a good idea in theory but never works in practice. Kinda have a soft spot for Roma (probably just bc they're not Juve, Lazio or the Milan clubs,) so I hope this works out for them. But it won't.

What?!? Pretty sure I just read that he wanted to take some time out of the game. SMH. Mourinho seems to be a good idea in theory but never works in practice. Kinda have a soft spot for Roma (probably just bc they're not Juve, Lazio or the Milan clubs,) so I hope this works out for them. But it won't.
SMH? Sydney Morning Herald?

I’m not reading anything into any of the links.

Roma won’t be in the CL next season so buying anyone will be tricky they do have the advantage of low tax rates that allow Italian clubs to pay high wages but they won’t be spending huge fees.

They’ve already got a few ex prem lads on big wages Pedro, Smalling, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan so cant see them being desperate for more but who knows.

Half way through the season 12 points off the top and 8 points off top 4 currently sitting in 6th level on points with Juventus.

Really does feel like the Mourinho magic is long gone now just a case of him mugging off clubs for huge pay offs now.

Having a few public spats along the way as he does just a very out dated manager who's methods clearly no longer work.

I caught the second half Feyenoord were great but just couldn't get the break through mainly due to Smalling chucking his body in front of everything.

That said Feyenoord should have gone down to 10 men early in the second half.

Could we see him back in England?

Newcastle are struggling at the moment and what with their big ambitions they may think a big name may help them get to where they want to be faster.

Newcastle are struggling at the moment and what with their big ambitions they may think a big name may help them get to where they want to be faster.

Good call but he would struggle to find a hotel up there that matches his standards.

Sacking Howe would be the biggest mistake they'll make in a long time. What the man has done with that squad is miraculous. Yes a bad season up until now, but we all know it's not just as simple as that. They've been battered with inuries.

Sacking Howe would be the biggest mistake they'll make in a long time. What the man has done with that squad is miraculous. Yes a bad season up until now, but we all know it's not just as simple as that. They've been battered with inuries.

Mmmm, but he's gotta massive squad, and despite all their injuries there's only really Lewis Miley and Ben Parkinson(who has only 24 PL minutes in one appearance) that might have been unknown to most folk, it's not as though he's had to throw a load of kids in.

Don't see him coming back here to be honest.

Newcastle have all that money but they seem to be trying to be sensible with it and not just splurge on big names with Ashworth calling the shots. They look to be following the City model rather than the PSG one.

Most of the stuff I was hearing was he still had fantastic support from the fans but the owners had lost faith in him and he'd started going into a big of the mad man mode blaming everyone for his mistakes. Think his contract was up in the summer and it didn't sound like they were going to give him a new one.

Just seen the table they are 9th if they don't make it into any european competitions next season they're going to have to off load a lot of players.

Mmmm, but he's gotta massive squad, and despite all their injuries there's only really Lewis Miley and Ben Parkinson(who has only 24 PL minutes in one appearance) that might have been unknown to most folk, it's not as though he's had to throw a load of kids in.
I'm more pointing out that his finish in the top four was incredible than much else. That's a manager worth keeping IMO.

Just give them Keegan back it's the only thing that ever makes them happy.

They were happy when they beat Sunderland, place went mental for a day. Looks I got when I asked what are yous lot like when you beat the mighty Monkey Hangers. Freeze-frame Geordie Land.

Rumours are he's agreed a deal to manage in Saudi.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back