Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he definitely needs a ball playing midfielder beside him. I'd like to see Herrera dropped back deeper when Schweinsteiger is out, but as touched on in another thread, van Gaal doesn't seem to fancy Herrera in a deeper midfield position.

I don't think Schneiderlin will truly be respected until he gets a ball playing midfielder alongside him! Until then I think people will want him to create, defend, play more incisive passes. And let's be honest when you are alongside Fellaini you've got no chance.

Derby County 1-3 Manchester United - 29th January 2016

I have been disappointed by the quality of his touch and passing. The difference between Carrick and Schneiderlin's passing was noticeable, highlighted by the pass in the build up to Mata's goal. Carrick's passing is crisp. Based on what I've seen so far, Schneiderlin is better suited to a three man midfield where he can act as a destroyer.

Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United - 13th February 2016

Possibly confidence related, but his passing was very safe today.

Fellaini offers more in a two man midfield and has deserved his place in the team in recent weeks.

He appeared to be the perfect signing last summer. He was the signing I was excited by the most.

Fellaini offers more in a two man midfield and has deserved his place in the team in recent weeks.

I'm sorry buddy but I just can't agree with this... And if Fellaini really offers more then good god we are a very poor team! Fellaini offers absolutely nothing anywhere on the pitch.

He appeared to be the perfect signing last summer. He was the signing I was excited by the most.

Agree with this though... I was more excited by his signing than Schweinsteiger because I really thought he was exactly what we needed. In fact the early part of the season he was so effective in his role. I think lack of the managers trust has affected him.

I'm sorry buddy but I just can't agree with this... And if Fellaini really offers more then good god we are a very poor team! Fellaini offers absolutely nothing anywhere on the pitch..

Yep, midfield requires reinforcements despite several additions. Clean tackling is probably the one aspect where Schneiderlin is better. The bit about Fellaini offering absolutely nothing is unfair.

Yep, midfield requires reinforcements despite several additions. Clean tackling is probably the one aspect where Schneiderlin is better. The bit about Fellaini offering absolutely nothing is unfair.

In my eyes it's not unfair it's completely just but that's my opinion. His passing is simple and sideways in the same way Schneiderlins is. But Schneiderlin gets around the pitch quicker, reads the game better and is a better tackler. For a big guy Fellaini doesn't control the midfield, isn't a physical force and really given one of his supposed strengths is his aerial ability he's pretty poor.

Manchester United 5-1 FC Midtjylland - 25th February 2016

Much much better. He was good.

Thought he really marshalled the midfield well and provided that calming influence.

With so many youngsters in the team we needed one of the more experienced lads to step up and I thought he did that.

Pressed higher than I've seen him do for a long time. Won the ball in better areas and that meant we were instantly on the front foot.

Just need to reign him in a bit on Sunday! He goes hunting the ball down like that and we might get found out like in the previous game.

A high press works only if the whole team follows through. Even then it doesn't always work. Having said that he was excellent yesterday. Pressing high and making runs into the box. Was unlucky not to get a goal for his efforts.

Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal - 28th February 2016

Poor for both of Arsenal's goals. Plenty of tackles and interceptions. Mixed performance overall.

Seems to struggle quite often at defending set pieces. Arsenal goals aside, thought he was good.

He gets caught watching the ball at set plays. But goals aside he was very decent.

Yeah he was good other than the mess up for their first. His marking wasn't good enough but then Rojo made a real mess of the header.

Schneiderlin certainly seems to be enjoying playing alongside Herrera. Maybe because he has someone alongside him with that energy to press with him? Plus he knows that Herrera brings that creativity which means he can focus more on defending.

Most balanced midfield we've seen this season. Wanted to see it months ago but only recently started being used.

Hopefully he sticks with this midfield... Though history with LVG would suggest he'll revert to type when others are fit. But yeah it's the most balanced our midfield has been all season and showed Herrera can play there!

Manchester United 1-0 Watford - 2nd March 2016

My man of the match.

Fantastic. Improving now with the increased game time. Think I read the other day that he hadn't started more than 4 games consecutively this season until recently.

Ooh you all can't begin to understand how happy I am that he's now showing why we signed him!

For me he was the most exciting signing in the summer. He was the one that I thought would really help the team most. Playing as that protective midfielder but who's got great mobility, can press high up, gets stuck in but also has really good ability on the ball.

He started well and steady this season but seemed to fall out of favour. But now he's getting a chance and I hope LVG doesn't change it. Let him and Herrera play the majority of games because they compliment each other so well. One of the issues earlier this season was our midfield was too negative. Schneiderlin became part of the problem but actually his game isn't about creating things. Play him with someone who does that side of things and he excels.

It always made sense that these two would make the best combination. The most mobile of our midfield players.

It did to us but not to LVG... And I'm still not sure he thinks it's the best combination. It's the combination right now through lack of options. As soon as Smalling returns to the defense so Carrick can move back in to midfield I fear we'll go back to how it was.

Ooh god yeah... And I see he's back in the squad for tomorrow! Which means no doubt he'll come back in for Herrera! And that means Schneiderlin will not look as effective because he'll have the hopeless Fellaini next to him.

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2016

Had little impact and quality on the ball was poor.

See now I don't disagree with you at all mate... But once again his lack of ability on the ball is highlighted when he's not got that footballing partner alongside him! What exactly did Herrera do so wrong to LVG? I'm waiting for the reports where he slept with his daughter or something...

He always seems to play better when herrera plays. They are a much better combination than any other we have. I am a big fan of herrera and he would always be in my team but he is at least the type of player that needs to be in there. If we don't think he is hood enough we need to get a better version of that type of player.

If we aren't careful we really are going to lose him in the summer and he's exactly the type of player we've needed for a long time! I don't get why LVG hasn't given him a real consistent run in the team because we've generally looked much more solid with him in the team!

Schneiderlin had a solid start, but he's been fairly average since December.

I agree with Scholes' comment on Schneiderlin:

I thought Carrick should be playing. Michael probably isn’t in the best form of his life, he’s picking up injuries and he can’t stay fit. But he has to play centre midfield. He’s brave enough to take the ball.

Coming to Anfield, bravery is the biggest thing. Having the balls to go and play. This is a tough, horrible place to play. It’s a tight pitch, everything is on top of you. But Michael possesses that ability to get on the ball and calmness.

Morgan Schneiderlin didn’t want to do it.

His ability on the ball and the ability to dictate has been underwhelming and there have been too many games where he's had little influence.

I had high expectations, but he's been my biggest disappointment of the season.

And that's fair enough mate... Personally I've not been disappointed because to be honest I never looked at him to bring real ability in possession. It's all about the way he protects the back 4, gets around the park and gives us that ball winner we've been missing.

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - 20th March 2016

Much better in the role playing in advance of Carrick.

A lot of games this season I've forgotten he's playing but today he was very good.

He looked good today. Was a lot more of a nuisance than he has been all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back