Mason Greenwood | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

IDFD

Better get these started!

First game through the middle and caps it off with a wonderful finish.

Took his goal well and from what I hear had a good all round game created a great chance for Pogba that he didn’t take.

Hearing that he’s a growing voice in the dressing room getting more confidence and coming out of his shell a bit around the squad apparently loves working with Cavani he’s always giving him a bit of advice to help him improve even with the language barrier.

Now the 5th highest scoring teenager in PL history needs 1 more to catch Anelka before he turns 20 in October.

Thought he was superb yesterday. He does things that few strikers can do and I think this year he's going to play a lot of games and play a big role.

Still want to see him scoring goals from crosses in the middle of the goal before I'm convinced that he's the answer as a centre forward that's the final bit he needs to add to his game if he wants to be a top class centre forward.

That's where you really get your goals being in the right place at the right time for the easy tap ins the top centre forwards are masters at this stuff and that's where I think Martial/Rashford/Greenwood haven't looked like centre fowards they need to score easy goals.

Him turning into a real top centre forward would be a massive blessing for the club.

He's my main excitement for the season. Watching him turn in to the best striker in the world is going to be fun.

Yep he is going to save us a £100m on a new striker. The kid is going to be so special.
He certainly looks like he's setting himself up for a good season. He got a good rest during the off season. He had a full preseason and he got off to a really good start on Saturday.

With Cavani needing to be managed (and not yet ready to go) Greenwood is going to get his chance through the middle. The addition of Sancho just adds to that too!

And I don't buy this notion anymore that he can't play through the middle as he's not big enough or physical enough. He has so many other great attributes! What he needs to do though is score those scruffier easier goals.

Forcing the manager to pick him which is what young players need to do.

Great footwork and strike for his goal caught the keeper by surprise

Forcing the manager to pick him which is what young players need to do.

Great footwork and strike for his goal caught the keeper by surprise
You've got to say as well... He could have put his head down after hearing Ronaldo was coming back. And from the sound of it he struggled today but he still took his chance exceptionally well. The sign of a truly top player is when they don't play well but still come up with the goods.

You've got to say as well... He could have put his head down after hearing Ronaldo was coming back. And from the sound of it he struggled today but he still took his chance exceptionally well. The sign of a truly top player is when they don't play well but still come up with the goods.

He was good today wasn’t an easy game but of the forwards that started always looked the most dangerous.

Think moving wide helped him as there was a bit more space to work with and Cavani was happy to do the physical stuff against the defenders.

An amazing talent quick skilful intelligent no ego and works his socks off for the team a joy to watch Imagine him linking up with Ronnie

Did well in the build up to Martial’s goal. He hasn’t scored since Ronaldo joined…

Young players are always going to go through spells where they struggle a little to hit the back of the net. Still contributing more than enough.

I love Greenwood, but he's not done enough to at least try Pogba left and Sancho right

Without doubt the most consistently good player of our season so far. Can beat a player with ease and can finish...he can hold his head high

Yeah, I'm not seeing this loss of form that he's supposedly going through. Out of curiosity, I looked up dribbling stats and he's 4th with 19 successful dribbles this season. That plus his finishing ability scares the life out of defenders.

I love Greenwood, and he might have great dribbling stats. But what are his goal and assist stats? They're not good enough to stop us trying Sancho right and Pogba left

Pogba left created 4, in one game. Sancho out left isn't working. I don't think we've tried him right yet and that's where he excelled at Dortmund

We've got to try that

Greenwood should be coming on to replace Ronaldo after 60 in the games we give it a go

Thought he did okay on Saturday, he could do with one bobbling in for him after the restart though as we know how quick some of our fans are to turn on the players.

Without doubt the most consistently good player of our season so far. Can beat a player with ease and can finish...he can hold his head high
Indeed he can, and will do for many years to come. Wondering if CR arriving has somehow put the lad into a place of bewilderment?
At his age and being asked to partner 1 of the greatest players of all time. Nerves, confidence or even basic idolatry, who knows?
Think he will benefit more than anyone else while The Man is with us.

Thought he did okay on Saturday, he could do with one bobbling in for him after the restart though as we know how quick some of our fans are to turn on the players.
Never heard anyone turn on Greenwood. Putting ideas and opinions forward that we all hope will help progress his talent even further.

Never heard anyone turn on Greenwood. Putting ideas and opinions forward that we all hope will help progress his talent even further.

No not yet, but if he goes a few more games without scoring or assisting and the results don't pick up some will, being an Academy Grad. will be no protection, sadly.

No not yet, but if he goes a few more games without scoring or assisting and the results don't pick up some will, being an Academy Grad. will be no protection, sadly.
Sincerely hope that doesn't happen. But his natural position still seems a bit of a mystery.
Won't be given a chance at No. 9 for the next 2 years. Is he RW or LW? Who gets precedence, him, Sancho, Rashford or Martial.
Remember the old adage if you're good enuff your old enuff

Sincerely hope that doesn't happen. But his natural position still seems a bit of a mystery.
Won't be given a chance at No. 9 for the next 2 years. Is he RW or LW? Who gets precedence, him, Sancho, Rashford or Martial.
Remember the old adage if you're good enuff your old enuff

I've no worries for the kid, providing his fitness/health holds up I can see him comfortably beating Wayne Rooney's club goal-scoring record this side of 30, whichever position he plays.

Counting down the days till we see a front-three of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho, if we can get those three to link with the freedom to switch positions there will be defenders here and in Europe telling their Managers they've always fancied themselves as midfielders/forwards.

I've no worries for the kid, providing his fitness/health holds up I can see him comfortably beating Wayne Rooney's club goal-scoring record this side of 30, whichever position he plays.

Counting down the days till we see a front-three of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho, if we can get those three to link with the freedom to switch positions there will be defenders here and in Europe telling their Managers they've always fancied themselves as midfielders/forwards.
What about CR?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back