Mason Greenwood Charges Dropped

Interested to hear why you think it was an absolute embarrassment? You don’t think six months is a correct period of time to do an internal investigation of this sensitive nature?
If you look at the reason they gave for moving him on, this information was known since day 1.

No investigation was going to change what everyone heard, there would be ramifications.

They did the investigation, they said in their announcement they found him innocent, yet they let him go. What was the point?

I actually agree with Rachel Rileys comments yesterday.

Aslo, I very much doubt we would have bought Hojlund if the idea was lose Greenwood.

It's a farce.

Aslo, I very much doubt we would have bought Hojlund if the idea was lose Greenwood.

It's a farce.
Even before the incident with Greenwood, he wasn’t good enough to be the front man yet. I think people are overrating how good he was to be honest - obviously very very talented but he was still very raw. I don’t think our plans this summer would have shifted even if he was brought back into the plans.

In total he made 130 appearances and scored 35 goals all as a teenager, mainly off the wing and never took penalties that is serious potential.

Genuinely two footed as well there was so much for a coach to work with and develop, that is why the club jumped through hoops to keep hold of him. A lot was potential but he had world class potential.

As for Arnold the u-turn is clearly embarrassing he's failed to judge the mood of the fans on this one. I think the statements that have gone out by the club were very sloppy they should never have commented on their view of his guilt, the panel that judged this decision are not qualified to make such a judgement.

Reality with Arnold is the reason he's in the job is because he's in the Glazers pocket he follows their lead and is happy to be their lightning rod, there is very little evidence that he was ever qualified to do the job. That said to be fair to him up until this point I actually think he was doing a decent job putting right some of the poor decisions made by Woodward. For him he probably knows once the Glazers are gone he'll be out the door as new owners will bring in a new CEO and this decision may have cost him a job at another club.

That brings me on to a wider point that the lack of trust between fans and owners at the moment means the clubs ability to get fans on board through "blind loyalty" is pretty much gone. Had there been a better bond between fans and the club they might have been able to ride out the wave and bring him back but in the current negative relationship almost anything they do is going to face huge criticism.

yeah, I am feeling really crappy about the club at the moment, awful transfer window, starting 11 not improved, awful start to the season and some of the players seem to have dropped their heads too.

Something isn't right. I'm guessing the sale

I don't think ETH will last a buyout either. It's all bit shameful

And you know this how?
Did you ever see Greenwood? one of the best young players I think I've seen. Be honest, you ever heard of Hojlund before 2 months ago? The world knew about Greenwood

and stats

I saw Greenwood play many times he could be very hit and miss as young players are.

Lethal finisher and exciting dribbling skills but also a very selfish player tried to score himself all the time rather than look for team mates who were in good positions. He did not have the natural team player instinct other players do his decision making was always "how can I score" not "how do we score" and you could see it annoyed the hell out of his team mates.

Stats wise far to early to compare to Hojlund both have had very different careers but Hojlund has one thing Greenwood never had which is physical presence. At 18 he's a boy in a mans body like Haaland. He is a big strong boy but also incredibly fast and aligned to his skills that makes him potentially a potential star but there's a long way to go and everything with him is a complete unknown.

I was never fully convinced Greenwood could become a top centre forward don't think he had the all round game (bit like Rashford not sure he liked the rough stuff) he looked to me like he could be a Salah a top class wide player that scores bags of goals.

whats size got to with it? been many crap big centre forwards.

Most of you have never heard of him, you all think he's the bee's because united have signed him. When we have a squad full of dud signings.

So I'm looking at stats. And they a paint a different story to one you are painting, as do his highlight reels.

Of course I'm going to give him the benefit, but to claim he's as good as Greenwood is daft, like I said, the whole of football was aware of Greenwood. Take away this recent history, if he was available prior to that, I imagine every top club would have been interested. Who was interested in Hojlund, nobody.

How many top centre forwards have their been in the last twenty years who are under 6ft? To play that centre forward position you have to be able to physically compete with centre backs. I also don't think Greenwood had that nasty side to him on the pitch that a smaller player needs to unsettle defenders.

I'm not sitting here saying Hojlund is anything other than a mystery I know nothing about him literally never heard or him or watched him play but that means I can't say how he compares to Greenwood. You mentioned stats Hojlund in senior football 87 games 27 goals, Greenwood 130 games 36 goals.

Those stats need context as they're in different standards and no one is saying Greenwood wasn't a world class talent but you are in no position to say that Hojlund isn't because you have never seen him play.

Now that Greenwood isn't coming back I think Utd need to find a replacement as to me it's obvious the manager was expecting to have Greenwood at his disposal this season.

at last, someone admits they know nothing about him.

So lets look at what we do know, the highlight reel, and his stats. They don't cry out that he's the answer to our goalscoring problem.

That's all I'm saying, he may well set the league on fire, but from what we know, seems unlikely. Hope that's wrong, because we are desperate. But all I have been saying is it seems unlikely, judged on the little we know. I'm excited to see him though.

People on here acting like he's the dogs, just because united have signed him. And on recent history, that doesn't bode well.

whats size got to with it? been many crap big centre forwards.

Most of you have never heard of him, you all think he's the bee's because united have signed him. When we have a squad full of dud signings.

So I'm looking at stats. And they a paint a different story to one you are painting, as do his highlight reels.

Of course I'm going to give him the benefit, but to claim he's as good as Greenwood is daft, like I said, the whole of football was aware of Greenwood. Take away this recent history, if he was available prior to that, I imagine every top club would have been interested. Who was interested in Hojlund, nobody.
No one's claiming he's as good as Greenwood. But it's equally preposterous to claim Greenwood is infinitely better than Hojland, especially as we've not seen Hojland play for us.

I think you're 1. bigging Greenwood up to be a better player than his previous form suggests and 2. in a massive United downer and unable to currently see anything positive.

Hey, it's not not seeing anything positive.

It's not wearing rose tinted glasses. Everyone bigging him up, just because united signed him is not going to do anyone any favours. I said I was looking forward to seeing him play. But I appear to be a bit more realistic than most. His stats and reels do not equate to the hype being placed on him.

as for Greenwood, I'll just say he is the best young player i've seen.

I just think if they've decided to spend that much money on him there must be something they've seen that was worth the gamble. I don't think I've seen anyone bigging him up especially on here as none of us know him.

A £70m player now isn't a sure thing and that's why I'd like to see another more senior striker come in who can back him up and help him through his first season.

It may be that Martial is going to have to fulfil that role which is painful because you know the moment you need him he'll be out for 6 weeks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

'X' thingy not loading, so apologies if it's related to the Getafe link that's surfaced tonight.

Be a good move for him and United, but so far neither club has commented. Likely nothing in it.

And Sky are now saying it's a year long loan. Saves United having to pay him £8m immediately if nothing else ....

Apparently we are paying most of his wage.

Kicking the can down the road if he does well they’ll have another crack at bringing him back next summer.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back