Marouane Fellaini | Match Discussion thread 2018/19

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd September 2018

Top performance.

Thought he did well. Like him or loathe him we seem a better team with him in it.

This is true some of the time but certainly not all of the time.

Played a specific role today and did it well but Burnley had no midfield to go against him.

Good performance and might get another chance in that role in the next game away to Watford.

Premier League: Watford 1-2 Manchester United - 15th September 2018

He brilliantly fulfilled the role given him to by Mourinho. Instrumental in both goals too.

Can’t knock these types of performances doing his job.

That job might not be required in every game but when it is we know he’s there and we know what we will get which is 100% commitment every time he pulls on the shirt.

Against the teams with big centre forwards who like to go direct to them I think we will see him start most games.

Champions League: Juventus 1-2 Manchester United - 7th November 2018

Thought it was a bad idea bringing him on but he caused chaos for 10 minutes

Premier League: Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United - 11th November 2018

United's best player on the day.

Champions League: Manchester United 1-0 Young Boys - 27th November 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saved our bacon with the goal but thought he was quite poor generally last night caught offside cheaply a few times that killed attacking moves. Eventually the pressure told and they cracked but I hate us playing that way as it's such a cop out we really should have a better plan than hit the big man.

I mean can we really justify using him as our number 10 in the modern game it's such a backwards way of thinking.

Took his goal really well and has pulled many results out of the bag for us. However, he is still a very limited player but at least he seems like he gives a damn.

Definitely cares but I lost count last night at how many times we lost possession because of his poor control, poor passing or just actually passing to someone who wasn’t there. He seems to be on a different wave length to everyone except Lukaku when they’re up top together in the last 5 mins of games and we’re desperate

I just think this tactic sometimes gets results but quite often it does it's the stick the centre back up top theory it hardly ever works but teams always give it a go but for us it seems to be a tactic we have to go to all the time.

The whole point of the emergency plan B is you pull it out when you need it we are going to it in almost every game which just tells you that right now plan A is an absolute joke.

Definitely cares but I lost count last night at how many times we lost possession because of his poor control, poor passing or just actually passing to someone who wasn’t there. He seems to be on a different wave length to everyone except Lukaku when they’re up top together in the last 5 mins of games and we’re desperate
Oh don’t get my wrong he is poor a lot of the time but I can’t fault his attitude. He slows our tempo down which could be said for Matic as well, that’s why they are not good together in a midfield. I think he would actually be decent to have as a squad player in a performing team. But as a starter, he’s a big no-no.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back