Marko Arnautovic

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know, he's gotta bit of Cantona about him.
Once upon a time maybe but he’s 33 now and his best days behind him. This has Ighalo vibes - someone who left the EPL for China and we are now seemingly in the market for him.

This would be the wrong signing to make in our rebuild.

Once upon a time maybe but he’s 33 now and his best days behind him. This has Ighalo vibes - someone who left the EPL for China and we are now seemingly in the market for him.

This would be the wrong signing to make in our rebuild.

He's never relied on pace so his age isn't that much of a problem, and he did score 14 Serie A goals last season for a poor side.

What a thoroughly depressing thought.

In his prime he wasn’t good enough and at 33 he’s certainly not good enough.

There is also the issue of him being accused of racism in the Dutch league.

We have fallen a lot further than I thought if we are thinking about bringing this guy in.

He wants a 3 year deal according to the reports and Bologna want €15m

Another veteran stop gap.

Zlatan, Ighalo, Cavani and Ronaldo.

His age isn’t a problem, the fact he isn’t very good is.

Let's plod on then with a 43 year old Portuguese guy who doesn't want to be here, an English geezer who currently couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, and a sulky Frenchman who can't or won't stay fit.

Let's plod on then with a 43 year old Portuguese guy who doesn't want to be here, an English geezer who currently couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, and a sulky Frenchman who can't or won't stay fit.
Just because our options at the club aren’t that doesn’t mean we should buy any old player to bulk up numbers.

Arnautovic can be a decent player but only turns up when he wants and is very hot and cold. We don’t need players like that at the club.

This is what happens when you don't get your business done before the season starts. You become desperate and your negotiating position can become weaker. A deal for Sesko is thought to be too hard to do. Well then 1) why wasn't he a target earlier and 2) I think that says a lot about where United are at. In years gone by that's a deal that United just get done. The player would demand to move to united and the selling club would get a good figure. But I can't imagine Sesko is banging down any doors to get that move.

Just because our options at the club aren’t that doesn’t mean we should buy any old player to bulk up numbers.

Arnautovic can be a decent player but only turns up when he wants and is very hot and cold. We don’t need players like that at the club.

I dunno how true the rumours are, but if we are trying to sign a player of his age it's almost certain that the club knows already that Ronaldo is definitely leaving before the window closes so we will need to bring somebody in, and why not a guy that's proved already he can handle the Premier League and won't worry if he is big enough to play at Old Trafford, more is Old Trafford big enough for him.

Would I have wanted him a few months ago, no, not a chance, but then none of us knew then how the Ronaldo thing was gonna play out.

There's a dearth of quality strikers at the moment, I just hope we don't regret not going for Scamacca.

I give up if this is true, all summer they've had, hundreds if not thousands of players to scout, and this is what they've come up with.

Worrying

Doubt he'll sign, but if he did within a month he'd be nearly everybodies new favourite United player, trust me.

This is what happens when you don't get your business done before the season starts. You become desperate and your negotiating position can become weaker. A deal for Sesko is thought to be too hard to do. Well then 1) why wasn't he a target earlier and 2) I think that says a lot about where United are at. In years gone by that's a deal that United just get done. The player would demand to move to united and the selling club would get a good figure. But I can't imagine Sesko is banging down any doors to get that move.
The first question is the magic one.
Why are we always waiting ?
Why we can't plan for the futur like any other club ?
Since ETH was nominated we should have a list of players he want and go get them, but no, we leave it late in the window and risk panic buying because it's fun.

The first question is the magic one.
Why are we always waiting ?
Why we can't plan for the futur like any other club ?
Since ETH was nominated we should have a list of players he want and go get them, but no, we leave it late in the window and risk panic buying because it's fun.

Because the players we want are not always available, you either offer more than their value, or wait for the club to make them available which seems to be the case with Rabiot.

There must be some kids in the youth team that are better then him, surely. I just hope this is not true. Though buying Martinez for that kind of money, it wouldn't surprise me…

It awful, it highlights how badly run we are.

And it's making me doubt ETH. I thought he was good with youth. Why haven't we scouted young players. Why didn't we get Sesko?

Young players getting it wrong I'd have patience with, I could see the project where we want to be.

This signing and Rabiot are the opposite of that. It's short sighted poor decision making.

Why they think this player is good enough for United is a joke. A younger version of him wasn't good enough at West ham

I did a quick skim through the table just now.

I reckon there's 3 sides Arnautovic starts for in this league. Southampton, Forest and Palace. I'm not even sure Palace would start him over Ayew or Edouard and I don't know much about Forest's new striker so on review we could be down to 1.

He also has allegations from a fellow pro about making a racist remark during a game, he got in trouble with UEFA for comments to Albania players in the North Macedonia team at the euros and he's got a track record of being hard to manage especially if he isn't playing.

This is a huge gamble on a guy who even at his best isn't good enough to start as first choice for pretty much any team in our league.

Honestly if we're going this low go and get that Ben Brereton form Blackburn or whoever else thumped in a load of goals in the Championship. Test Brentford see if £40m gets you Toney.

It's not even his age or his ability it's the fact this guy is a complete tw*t that makes me want to stay a millions miles away from him.

I did a quick skim through the table just now.

I reckon there's 3 sides Arnautovic starts for in this league. Southampton, Forest and Palace. I'm not even sure Palace would start him over Ayew or Edouard and I don't know much about Forest's new striker so on review we could be down to 1.

He also has allegations from a fellow pro about making a racist remark during a game, he got in trouble with UEFA for comments to Albania players in the North Macedonia team at the euros and he's got a track record of being hard to manage especially if he isn't playing.

This is a huge gamble on a guy who even at his best isn't good enough to start as first choice for pretty much any team in our league.

Honestly if we're going this low go and get that Ben Brereton form Blackburn or whoever else thumped in a load of goals in the Championship. Test Brentford see if £40m gets you Toney.

It's not even his age or his ability it's the fact this guy is a complete tw*t that makes me want to stay a millions miles away from him.

Cantona was also a complete tw*t, a law unto himself.

And i'm sure 275% of Palace fans would take Arno over a goal every 75 games Ayew.

It's not often I agree with Roy Keane but we are serious short on characters. Too many flakes in the side who crumble when a bit of pressure comes on, Hi Luke, hi Jadon, hi ....

Arnautovic and Rabiot might just be what the Doctor ordered.

Cantona was also a complete tw*t, a law unto himself.

And i'm sure 275% of Palace fans would take Arno over a goal every 75 games Ayew.

Yes but not every idiot is Eric Cantona.

Cantona signed for Man Utd when he was in his mid 20's and his absolute peak of powers just helped Leeds to winning the title the previous season. He also joined a dressing room full of big characters and personalities that wouldn't put up with his nonsense he had to buy into the team ethic that existed and Cantona loved it.

He also didn't go around chucking racist insults at people on the pitch in fact he stuck the boot in on racists even if they weren't on the pitch.

Yes but not every idiot is Eric Cantona.

Cantona signed for Man Utd when he was in his mid 20's and his absolute peak of powers just helped Leeds to winning the title the previous season. He also joined a dressing room full of big characters and personalities that wouldn't put up with his nonsense he had to buy into the team ethic that existed and Cantona loved it.

He also didn't go around chucking racist insults at people on the pitch in fact he stuck the boot in on racists even if they weren't on the pitch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well it looks as though we've pulled out of the deal because of fans complaints.

We are on serious dodgy ground here.

tf for that.

It would have a PR disaster, let alone a squad disaster

The backlash was not about his ability it was about his behaviour and I think it's great news that this has happened.

I mean come on lads at least google the guy before bidding this stuff wasn't well hidden it was everywhere online within minutes of the links.

What really worries me is the racism incident happened when McLaren was his manager and yet it still got all the way to making a bid before anyone at the club realised people might not want us to sign a player with this on his record.

Glad we’ve seen sense. He was not the right player we should be targeting. I don’t really know anything about these allegations when he was in Holland but in pure footballing terms he was not the solution.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back