Marko Arnautovic

Whilst I think it's a good thing we aren't going after him. Fans should not be dictating our signings. A manager will be judged on his results and his recruitment. It's not down to the fans who we bring in.

Whilst I think it's a good thing we aren't going after him. Fans should not be dictating our signings. A manager will be judged on his results and his recruitment. It's not down to the fans who we bring in.

It's our club we should have a say. If we say we don't condone the club buying a player with his track record we have a right to have our say and be listened to when it's got nothing to do with that players ability as a footballer.

That is what I think has happened here the backlash on line over his behaviour has caused the club to back track and rightly so.

Thank God for small mercies, I guess. Not sure what's worse, actually signing this pathetic embarrassment or having to be told by your supporters that you shouldn't. We've become that mate at the end of the night who's thrown up over his shirt, trying to get all touchy feely with anything that has two legs.

After the sense of optimism that followed the ETH appointment, the 'restructuring' in the recruitment department and a positive start to preseason, this feels like the lowest of the low points since 2005.

So now we have fans that think it's okay to dictate when United play, when they leave the team hotel for said game, where and when the CEO has a crafty pint, and now which players we sign or don't.

You really couldn't make it up.

So now we have fans that think it's okay to dictate when United play, when they leave the team hotel for said game, where and when the CEO has a crafty pint, and now which players we sign or don't.

You really couldn't make it up.

Yeah and until we have owners who don't think it's ok to take money out of the club every season without fail to line their own pockets while on pitch performance continues to deteriorate then I say give them hell inside and outside the ground every week.

Yeah and until we have owners who don't think it's ok to take money out of the club every season without fail to line their own pockets while on pitch performance continues to deteriorate then I say give them hell inside and outside the ground every week.

Well at least you admit to being entitled, fair does.

Edit:

You 100% okay with this @jsp?

Well at least you admit to being entitled, fair does.

I didn't admit to anything fans have every right to let the club know when they aren't happy with how it's being run.

Better than just being a blind follower of every decision the club makes like they can do no wrong.

I didn't admit to anything fans have every right to let the club know when they aren't happy with how it's being run.

Better than just being a blind follower of every decision the club makes like they can do no wrong.

Well in a way you have. If United had won the League last season, and the Champions League the season before I don't think you, or those that think alike would give two shits whether the OWNERS took dividends out twice a year or not.

It's not about following blindly, it's about supporting the club through thick and thin, and if i'm not happy i've always got the option to go and support somebody else, something I wish the more entitled among our fan base would do, as soon as possible.

Tell that to Bayern Munich

Of course the fans should have a say on the club, it's them who fund it. And if they're not happy they have every right to let the owners know.

The Glazers have stripped the club dry, let the stadium and training facilities drop into disrepair. They already lost one manager through broken promises (stoney). We all pretend like we're a big club and talk like we should be getting top 4 and pushing for the league. But the owners, people in charge, ground, training, first team players all stink of amateur.

Brighton beat us on Saturday, and that's no fluke, they are better run club than us in every aspect.

That is our level.

New team in control, new manager, it was meant to change. But it hasn't. And I don't mean just losing to Brighton. The way we played was like last year, the team is the same as last year there is no change at OT. But ti doesn't matter because we'll still sell the tickets, sell the shirts, flog advertising and take our dividends, while the rain pisses through the roof onto the fans all while the worst transfer window in history plays out.

They think signing FDJ, if they actually do, is good enough. It's not. We needed at least 3 or 4 new first team players this window. Same next window. They don't all have to be 70m FDJ if you've done your scouting properly.

You get De Jong and it's 3 or 4 first team players this window.

Rabbiot, Martinez and De Jong. And decide where you sit on Eriksen and Malacia.

Well in a way you have. If United had won the League last season, and the Champions League the season before I don't think you, or those that think alike would give two shits whether the OWNERS took dividends out twice a year or not.

It's not about following blindly, it's about supporting the club through thick and thin, and if i'm not happy i've always got the option to go and support somebody else, something I wish the more entitled among our fan base would do, as soon as possible.

Well fans have been protesting these owners since 2005 but sadly due to a lack of support from government or the premier league we've been left powerless to do anything about them using our club as their own personal ATM.

I let me feelings about them be known at games where Utd were in title races and still a force to be reckoned as everyone could see where this was heading as the club became less and less competitive both on and off the pitch due to the crushing pressure their debts put on our ability to compete with new money clubs.

If they are going to take money out then I at least expect them to run the business to it's full potential but they don't they're absent they slow down decision making, they haven't modernised any of our departments or club facilities and as a result we've become stagnant and billions has been squandered.

We aren't free to leave for most of us you sign up for life some kick the habit but most don't but it's becoming harder and harder to stick with them. Players come and go, managers come and go and so should owners and it's time for this lot to go.

Any business that fails to listen to it's customers is destined to fail and right now Man Utd would be very wise to listen to their customers and start improving the way the club operates because if they don't every week fans will turn up and vent that frustration until they get what they want.

Well fans have been protesting these owners since 2005 but sadly due to a lack of support from government or the premier league we've been left powerless to do anything about them using our club as their own personal ATM.

I let me feelings about them be known at games where Utd were in title races and still a force to be reckoned as everyone could see where this was heading as the club became less and less competitive both on and off the pitch due to the crushing pressure their debts put on our ability to compete with new money clubs.

If they are going to take money out then I at least expect them to run the business to it's full potential but they don't they're absent they slow down decision making, they haven't modernised any of our departments or club facilities and as a result we've become stagnant and billions has been squandered.

We aren't free to leave for most of us you sign up for life some kick the habit but most don't but it's becoming harder and harder to stick with them. Players come and go, managers come and go and so should owners and it's time for this lot to go.

Any business that fails to listen to it's customers is destined to fail and right now Man Utd would be very wise to listen to their customers and start improving the way the club operates because if they don't every week fans will turn up and vent that frustration until they get what they want.

Quality post that mate, respect

I'll pick it up in a more suitable thread.

Not sure what the definition of an 'Entitled' fan is (as mentioned a few times here)....we haven't won the league for nearly a decade so I'm not sure who is feeling entitled....doesn't mean you can't want the best from the club....if more of the players at the club ran through brick walls I would take that even with no silverware...just like Captain Marvel (not the movie kind)...I'm confused

Not sure what the definition of an 'Entitled' fan is (as mentioned a few times here)....we haven't won the league for nearly a decade so I'm not sure who is feeling entitled....doesn't mean you can't want the best from the club....if more of the players at the club ran through brick walls I would take that even with no silverware...just like Captain Marvel (not the movie kind)...I'm confused

Yeah who are these entitled fans, i'd love to know as well.

A manager will be judged on his results and his recruitment. It's not down to the fans who we bring in.
I don't quite agree there. Should the manager be involved in transfers? Absolutely yes. But I don't think he should be calling the shots. It is the reason United have such a jumbled mess of a squad. The club need to set a vision and direction and the managers should then be picked based on aligning to that.

The club should be responsible for youth players and squad fillers, the rest, the difference makers should be the sole responsibility of the Manager in situ, and nobody else.

It's not MasterChef, right here's your ingredients, you've got 2 years to make an omelette, time starting now.

I don't quite agree there. Should the manager be involved in transfers? Absolutely yes. But I don't think he should be calling the shots. It is the reason United have such a jumbled mess of a squad. The club need to set a vision and direction and the managers should then be picked based on aligning to that.

Both parts of this are true the club needs a single vision identity that all signings and managers need to fit into but the manager needs to have final say. He is responsible for performance on the pitch if he says the player is a no go then it is a no go.

Utd have a messed up squad because it’s been assembled by people who have different ideas

Moyes - strong defensive physical counter attacking style
LVG - slow tactical possession style
Mourinho - back to Moyes style just a bit more modern
Ole - similar to Mourinho to start but much quicker on the counter attempted to transition to possession style and failed.

The club have sold us the ETH way now they need to make sure they see it through now.

Both parts of this are true the club needs a single vision identity that all signings and managers need to fit into but the manager needs to have final say. He is responsible for performance on the pitch if he says the player is a no go then it is a no go.

Utd have a messed up squad because it’s been assembled by people who have different ideas

Moyes - strong defensive physical counter attacking style
LVG - slow tactical possession style
Mourinho - back to Moyes style just a bit more modern
Ole - similar to Mourinho to start but much quicker on the counter attempted to transition to possession style and failed.

The club have sold us the ETH way now they need to make sure they see it through now.

It's 2037, and Sir John Murtough and Lord Arnold unveil the street sign just down the road from Old Trafford ten Hag Way

Titbit: That is very very close to be a swear word in Swahili.

I'll tell you what... At this rate United will be lucky to attract a player like Arnautovic next year. Let that resonate.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back