Marcus Rashford to leave? | Signs new contract

And yet, Sky Sports (via the Daily Star) go with “Manchester United fear they will be forced to sell Marcus Rashford next summer.”
*insert eye roll emoji here*

Good job Ed Woodward has had a 50 foot high wall built around his property then, and extended his 'safe-room' so it can comfortably accommodate his family for a week ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rashford to PSG doesn't make sense unless Mbappe & Neymar were leaving because they both want to play off the left.

Would Saint Marcus take the Qatar cash?

I think there is a possibilty he won't sign a new contract. But I kind of disagree on PSG, why go to PSG if Mbappe is leaving, surely you want to play with the best.

Whatever happens he won't leave for free this summer Utd will activate the option clause in his deal to extend to 2024. Doesn't mean he won't be sold this summer though if he decides he wants to leave and take on a fresh challenge.

A conversation over his plans certainly needs to be had once he's back from the world cup Utd can't afford to lose him on a free.

I think it all depends on what Rashford wants does he want to stick around at Utd and try to put them back on top in England or does he think he can achieve more at PSG where league titles are almost guaranteed and there's a reasonable shot at the champions league every season. To be honest it's really hard to see Utd getting back on top any time soon but it at least feels with ETH in charge we've got a man who might be able to get us in the fight if he's given enough time.

Whatever decision he makes he'll make a load of money but Utd so far have looked after him very well his current contract isn't to shabby but Sancho who he's currently keeping out of the side is reported to be on £350k a week. So that is the sort of number I expect Rashford to be asking for if he was to enter talks for a new deal and I'm not sure he's worth that sort of money.

Is he admitting to tapping Rashford up, to encourage him to run-down his contract knowing UEFA/FIFA will do nothing, and if Rashford is in the last year of his contact, PSG can legally speak to Rashford in January anyway, so why wait till the Summer??

Just read something, our max wage structure goes to 300 grand (not the 200 posted on an article on here)

And that is what we are offering him.

Not sure how you can introduce a max wage structure of £300k when you have 3 players who reportedly earn more than that. De Gea, Sancho, Varane. The De Gea one is likely to come down if he agrees a new deal but the other two remain an issue and Casemiro is reportedly on £300k.

Sancho is rumoured to be on £350k a week Utd are going to find it very hard to get Rashford to accept anything less than parity with Sancho.

Utd could probably be wise to wait until his current hot streak is over before calling a meeting to discuss a new contract, lets see what he asks for when he's gone 6 or 7 games without a goal.

just sort it out to stop all the drama the press will start drumming up

Doubt it'll be sorted until the new owners are in, sounds like the only contract being discussed currently is De Gea as the clock is ticking on that one.

I expect all other talks are on pause until the takeover is complete.

If I was Rashford I wouldn't be signing anything until the new owners are in either.

The PSG link is a funny one as PSG already have the problem of neymar and mbappe both wanting to play from the left, how do you fit another one into that spot?

Still leaves them with Neymar and he's not going anywhere, his contract runs to at least 2025 with the options to extend it could reach 2027.

Mbappe has a contract until 2025 so my guess is he's staying until at least 2024 and then they might sell although they're a club where money means nothing they could allow him to go for nothing in 2025.

They're still trying to renew Messi to 2025 as well.

Rashford has to be a bit careful he's been very open about his political stuff how will that look if he takes the Qatar money?

I think Barca will come in if he was available as they are missing a left sided attacking player, maybe they can sell off more of the family fortune to find £100m for him.

Trophies.

I can't see him at PSG, Barca or Madrid I can.

Barca have no money, Madrid have other priorities. He'll sign

Madrid have Vinicious Jnr so I don't see that being an option for him, their next big purchase will be a Benzema replacement I guess.

Barca I think would be very interested in him if he wanted to make a move abroad and test himself elsewhere.

PSG I don't think they have space for him.

I think if Rashy is to recieve a bumper contract it should be largely made up of performance bonuses as opposed to a straight bumper salary

If he signs a new deal he’s going to get something in line with the top earners at the club and he deserves it.

If he signs a new deal he’s going to get something in line with the top earners at the club and he deserves it.
No he doesnt! If he were to carry his current form into another season he may do. Has he been playing this season with his next contract negotiations in mind? I cannot forget how f*ckin poor he had been previously and I am not totally convinced he could not fall back to that level outside of top coaching which no doubt is what has brought him to his present level.

No he doesnt! If he were to carry his current form into another season he may do. Has he been playing this season with his next contract negotiations in mind? I cannot forget how f*ckin poor he had been previously and I am not totally convinced he could not fall back to that level outside of top coaching which no doubt is what has brought him to his present level.
So you think he’s been playing well to get a bumper contract? Absolutely absurd. He has had injury problems and was never given the time to recover from those injuries, plus all players lose some form. He absolutely deserves a new deal.

ETH is here for the long haul so I don’t think we have to worry about him being away from top coaching.

2019-20 44 games 22 goals
2020-21 57 games 21 goals
2021-22 32 games 5 goals
2023-23 44 games 27 goals

Last season he was poor but he struggled with injury and the whole team was miles off it. In 3 of the last 4 seasons he’s hit 20+ goals what more do people want?

Better coaching, a return to full fitness and some proper team structure has certainly made a big difference but would you really want to risk letting his contract go into the last 12 months next season?

To me I’m seeing a player who’s looking better every week unless he takes the piss and asks for £500k a week I’d be looking to get this deal done and announced at the end of the season.

So you think he’s been playing well to get a bumper contract? Absolutely absurd. He has had injury problems and was never given the time to recover from those injuries, plus all players lose some form. He absolutely deserves a new deal.

ETH is here for the long haul so I don’t think we have to worry about him being away from top coaching.
I think your memory may be failing you in regards to just how poor, sulky and seemingly uninterested he had become

I think your memory may be failing you in regards to just how poor, sulky and seemingly uninterested he had become

To be honest who didn't have a face like a slapped arse last season?

The whole club was a complete mess through last season it's why we sacked our manager in November then wrote off the rest of the season with an interim appointment.

Rashford himself missed pre season to finally have surgery on the injuries he'd played through for the best part of 6 months for club and country. He never looked anywhere near fully fit and it's pretty clear mentally he'd lost all confidence.

Everyone at the club last season must have been thinking what the hell am I doing here.

We are all hoping that the club have moved past that now and that the toxic culture that developed has gone for good and in the new environment Rashford seems to be thriving.

We are all hoping that the club have moved past that now and that the toxic culture that developed has gone for good and in the new environment Rashford seems to be thriving.
Point I am making is a simple one. He needs to keep it up! and I find myself looking for the signs that he will regress again.
Presently I am not convinced he wont.

Over the course of his career, the anomaly was last season. Part of good man management/leadership is to place faith in people, and to reward that faith when it is repaid. Waiting until the last minute to get Rashford tied up is only going to drive him away.

Be good to get this one announced before the season starts the club doesn’t need that distraction.

Big season for Rashford he needs to prove last season wasn’t a fluke.

Committing his best years to the club it’s now on him to show he’s worth the reported £325k a week and lead this side to a league title in the next 5 years.

He has set himself a bar now that shows what he can do the challenge is to beat that next season and keep adding to his game.

Great to see this. A local lad committing himself to the club.

He does need to build on next season and prove that the latter half of last season wasn’t just a purple patch.

I think that's big wages for him. But I'm glad he signed none the less

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back