Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

Unless you can provide some form of evidence for them being fake

No way he only gets a 1 match ban if those rumours were true

It's probably you who believes what you want, especially where Bruno is concerned.

Edit:
By the way my Bruno criticism is based on what I see with my eyes. Rashford is being criticised for gossip. Before Hojlunds injury Rashford was doing well. Now he's playing a position not suited to him in a side that can't provide the assists

From what I understand, he went out Wednesday. Went to the belfast football club Thursday. Photos of him out on Thursday were actually photos from Wednesday.
His fine and ban was probably for missing training.
If the club just gave him a one match ban for going on 48 hour bender and missing training then they have more problems than I thought.

I think this interview from the player clearly says 90% of what was written about those events were false.

But I guess you will crack on believing the rags and having a pop at Rashford when clearly the problem at the club is awful coaching.

The manager to come out and have a pop a carragher was pathetic. We can all see he was right

All of the good points about Rashford get ignored. They just want him to run everywhere tackling everybody. I've honestly not heard so much utter crap in a very long time.

They've been made over the past ten pages or so. I'm not going through them again - in fact I'm taking a break from this thread as it's pretty toxic.

Nothing good about him if he is not scoring. While most other players at least put in a shift. Rasmus when he was not scoring was giving all he got. Garnacho tracks back most of the time too and Antony does all the time. Rashford pulls out of headers and tackles and let people waltz past him. Once or twice it can be accepted but he does it far too many times.

We saw the best and worst of Rashford. Stunning strike but other than the goal he was fairly hopeless. He didn’t fancy the fight against Walker which ultimately led to the equaliser. He doesn’t have the fight in him.

Difficult, I only have the one view, I thought it was a foul, clearly ETH did
On the view I have I rewound to, I can't tell, it did look like his foot was clipped, but it was a poor camera.
Great goal, but pretty poor otherwise. Really low on confidence, with time in his head he's making poor decisions.
But crazy to blame the goal on him, mctom was standing waving his hands too.
You can't blame a player for a goal when it travels the whole pitch.
And every player gave away possession continually.

As for Marcus, great goal, one of the highlights of the season, had me jumping around. But poor otherwise

I better not say anything. As Sideshow said the best and worst of him. Great goal and we could have been 3-0 up if he had taken his other two very good chances. One was a dead miss kick.

Great goal, what a striker and that’s what he’s capable of… but just doesn’t seem to fancy a physical battle. And hey not all players are up for that but you’ve got to show a bit of spirit.

Thought he did well apparently played with an injury.

Scored a world class goal had two other chances that he couldn’t capitalise on.

It probably is a foul by Walker knocks him at full speed which I think is good defending but it’s a foul, refs rarely give them so you are playing the odds.

A lot happens before Foden drills that one in the top corner from miles out to blame Rashford.

The great, the bad and the ugly, but I'll cut him some slack as it appears he wasn't really fit to start.

His ball control is not top class and that does not help his game. I think losing possession is something this United team always has in abundance. It used to be only Nani under SAF mostly.

Maybe dipped a little bit in the middle of the game but run his nuts off to the end and after those missed chances showed the cool head to take the next one.

He was very good today and cannot be blamed for his miss. It is an attempt and it was one of those things but credit to him that he ran his socks off today. If he is like this every day then I have no issues with him at all. He scored a great goal too.

Glad for him he scored the crucial equaliser cos if we'd lost I would have destroyed him for being piss poor either side of the ball.

I don't think so, and not as much especially when compared to Garnacho. Failed to challenge the Liverpool player in the build up to the first goal.
I am not his biggest fan but he couldn't do much once he got away from him as he got into the box.

I’ve not seen a reply, would the opportunity to score in injury time been rule out for offside?

I’ve not seen a reply, would the opportunity to score in injury time been rule out for offside?

They didn't draw the lines on it to confirm as he missed but from the replay it looked like he was just offside.

They didn't draw the lines on it to confirm as he missed but from the replay it looked like he was just offside.

Doesn't matter if it was onside or not, a forward on £325k a week should be burying that

Doesn't matter if it was onside or not, a forward on £325k a week should be burying that

As stupid as it sounds it's how they react to the misses that really matters to me, forwards will always miss chances. He had another one that I think the keeper saved after when the flag did go up but he was still looking to get in the position and it was 3rd time lucky.

You have to keep putting yourself in the position to miss and he did that.

Luckily in the end it didn't matter the one where he was on was buried, he's got a good record against the better sides.

As stupid as it sounds it's how they react to the misses that really matters to me, forwards will always miss chances. He had another one that I think the keeper saved after when the flag did go up but he was still looking to get in the position and it was 3rd time lucky.

You have to keep putting yourself in the position to miss and he did that.

Luckily in the end it didn't matter the one where he was on was buried, he's got a good record against the better sides.

Took his goal well, it was tougher than it looked, your head is probably telling you got to lift it.

Took his goal well, it was tougher than it looked, your head is probably telling you got to lift it.

Yep very good finish.

Think the pass from McTominay was the perfect weight to hit first time as it was right in his stride, keeper had no chance.

For some odd reason he ran a lot especially during the second half and extra time. This is the Rashford I would love to see. Incidentally everyone else was so tired on TV it looked like no one apart from Garnacho was able to run to him to congratulate. McTominay just sank to his knees.

Put more of an effort in defensively than of late, well apart from their first goal, hopefully the penny has finally dropped.

Glad he didn’t score if he was offside, which is an obvious thing to say. Can you imagine the reaction to that being ruled offside by VAR.

Glad he didn’t score if he was offside, which is an obvious thing to say. Can you imagine the reaction to that being ruled offside by VAR.

I agree, especially if the flag wasn't put up on the field so we had the whole celebration to find out he was just offside.

Think it would have been a huge momentum swing, we saw away at Arsenal earlier in the season how much a decision like that can impact a game. Garnacho's disallowed goal totally knocked the stuffing out of us and Arsenal did us in injury time.

I thought he did well, worked hard, hopefully a goal that massive will give him the spur he needs.

A lot of those players will never have seen old traffford like that, hopefully it will be like a drug they want more of.

Ground probably hasn't erupted like that since the McTominay goal in the derby which was the last home game in front of crowds before Covid.

To be succinct, get rid. His attitude stinks. He’s not half as good as he thinks he is.

I was surprised when it was Garnacho that went off for Antony and not Rashford. No graft, and does not attack with pace. He was far too deep on so many occasions today when he should really have been on the edge of the box. Really needs to buck up his ideas. He is probably lucky Southgate likes him as I think there are better players who should go to the Euros ahead of him.

Back