Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

IDFD

His return must be imminant and hopefully he can rediscover his top form with this injury behind him.

He's scored in a behind closed door friendly this afternoon.

Think Ole said he expects him to be available for the Leicester game after the international break.

He's done full contact training sessions and played a game so you'd assume he'll be ready to go.

From some of the training photos that have gone out looks to be in great shape guess he's been hitting the gym while resting his shoulder building up the rest of the body.

When this lad is injury free he's a real difference maker to this side and we've now got the squad where we don't have to play him through injuries.

He'll probably get a few minutes against Leicester City then up his training to be ready to start against Atalanta.

Was good to see him back banged in a great goal which has pretty much been forgotten now.

He seems to have a good link with Lindelof who's able to play those long passes over the top and when he starts from wide he seems to time the runs well to stay onside and the finish was excellant.

He could be a huge player in this coming run his ability to carry the ball in counter attacks at speed is something that has been vital to us in games vs the better sides.

Champions League: Manchester United 3-2 Atalanta - 20th October 2021

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't argue with 2 in 2 but he looked rusted, which is understandable. And he was substituted at the right time last night

Let's hope he's fresh and ready to torment the Liverpool defence at the weekend.

Think he's looking sharp certainly with his runs actually had 3 really good chances in the game the one where he slowed down to much and allowed the defender to tackle him it was flagged offside but replays shows he wasn't so had he scored it would have been a goal, he hit the bar then the one he took. Few other half chances as well which he snatched at a bit.

Still working his way back but 2 goals in 2 is great news and the games coming up are normally the ones he delivers in so lets hope he can take Alexander-Arnold to the cleaners again.

I think he'll be fine looked like a dead leg from a tackle that he couldn't shake off those sort of things normally only last 24/48 hours.

That's a hell of a pass! And a great finish. That's 2 great finishes in 2 games now for Rashford.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United - 11th December 2021

Really poor. Passing was bad and lacks football nous at times.

Had two chances to set Ronaldo up for a shot and played a terrible pass.

Don’t see him starting the next game.

In this system I think Greenwood is much more suited to playing up top with Ronaldo. Already he is more effective at linking the play and is much more technically adept.

Rashford is having a bad period and should be on the bench for the next game and have to win his place back from Greenwood.

Still a really infuriating player to watch.

Rashford isn't a very good player. He's a talented player, he's capable of producing special things but overall he's not good.

Looks lost on the pitch at the moment we’ve seen in recent seasons he’s much better starting from wide positions now he’s back in the centre and I don’t think it suits his skills.

Hopefully the coaches can work with him and polish the rough edges that remain.

20+ goals in the last 2 seasons while playing on with injuries putting the team ahead of himself there’s a lot to be said for that.

Looks lost on the pitch at the moment we’ve seen in recent seasons he’s much better starting from wide positions now he’s back in the centre and I don’t think it suits his skills.

Hopefully the coaches can work with him and polish the rough edges that remain.

20+ goals in the last 2 seasons while playing on with injuries putting the team ahead of himself there’s a lot to be said for that.
Yeah that’s going to be the big thing with him over the next year or two. In Ralf and hopefully beyond, we are starting to get in some really good coaches so you would hope Rashford can progress.

Sometimes when you see him play, you would say certain facets of his game still show the naivety and inexperience of a teenager. He obviously has undoubted talent but he needs to really push on in all areas of his game.

Still done very well the last couple of seasons and pushed through the injuries but you just feel there is so much more to give with the talent he has.

I had to look it up, but Rashford turned 24 on Halloween. He is about to hit his peak, and RR could be the perfect manager to get the best out of him. 24-28 should be Rashford at his best and maybe Ole leaving is the best thing that could have happened to Rashford. Still think he can be a world beater although he looks lost out there lately.

Rashy has shown too much class previously to not come back from his present slump in form. His problems clearly stem from playing through injury, subsequent surgery and now getting back into a groove. He will be back soon, no doubt.
Admittedly though he needs to stop trying to be Giggsy weaving through defences, he just runs down a blind ally and gets dispossessed. He needs to go outside into space and get a decent ball into the centre or move inside and have a crack or make a telling pass. There is usually always a good target for him to find as he always takes a couple of defenders with him, and if they don't that's the time to run the line and really probe.
He will come good once he finds his game.

Rashford isn't a very good player. He's a talented player, he's capable of producing special things but overall he's not good.
I have run this statement past my psychiatrist for his view on what it actually means. He says he is happy to help if he can have your details.

The sooner United book Rashford in to have last seasons injuries restored the better, he wasn't great last season but at least it looked as though he was trying and you could argue that probably his injuries were stopping him doing what he wanted/needed to do, now this season, well least said soonest mended.

Yep a spell out of the team is required get him off on a beach somewhere then bring him back in slowly just looks like he's burned out and needs a break.

I thought first half he was looking pretty sharp last night seemed to have found his sprint and his touch was looking good but second half things got away from him a bit and not following in that shot from Greenwood didn't look good.

It looks to me a move might do him some good. It's not been happening for a while, granted some of it was injury based.

I think he needs to go to a team who have ambitions but where he can be perhaps the main attacking player. I just don't think he's good enough for a club who want to contend for the title.

Yep a spell out of the team is required get him off on a beach somewhere then bring him back in slowly just looks like he's burned out and needs a break.

I thought first half he was looking pretty sharp last night seemed to have found his sprint and his touch was looking good but second half things got away from him a bit and not following in that shot from Greenwood didn't look good.

Yeah he looked better in the first half than he has for a while, and on the follow up he just doesn't have the instinct of a poacher, but then somebody who had played 95% of his career at United as a winger probably wouldn't, Mason is similar.

Don't want him to go, yet anyway, but if he gets his mojo back he'd rock Newcastle United, and they'd idolise him.

He deserves more time and patience in my opinion he's had 2 very long very injury hit seasons where he's played through pain barriers to help the team and he's now suffered a slump in form.

He deserves more time and patience in my opinion he's had 2 very long very injury hit seasons where he's played through pain barriers to help the team and he's now suffered a slump in form.

100%, and it's tough to watch, he just needs one to bounce in off his backside, or a fluke.

I think the issue of being out form is ok, but he looks completely uninterested at the moment. Maybe a move would reboot him.

I think the issue of being out form is ok, but he looks completely uninterested at the moment. Maybe a move would reboot him.

Last night he was fine he was getting stuck in and the effort and commitment was there but you could see his confidence going and frustration growing.

He hit the ground running when he came back from injury scored 4 in 4 or something like that but since that initial burst he's started to struggle.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back