Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

I think wherever he goes he'll have a lot of eyes on him.

Utd for me is the best place for him hopefully working with a new coach might bring the best out of him people maybe just need to adjust the expectation of the level he can reach. Maybe he'll be more of a Nani rather than a Ronaldo. That is still a perfectly good career.

Think he's one of a few who'd benefit from a more positive atmosphere around the club which hopefully the new boss will bring.

The big thing to sort with him will be his contract though he's on very good money and has two years to run if the new manager wants to work with him Utd should get him tied down.

Everton 1-0 Man Utd

Bright start forced 2 good saves out of Pickford but faded after that looks a shadow of the player he was.

had a decent chance second half difficult ball to take on the run over the shoulder from Bruno but missed it by an absolute mile.

The reports are the club want him to stay and he’s been told that hopefully a summer off bring him back around as right now he looks like a player who’s totally lost it.

There was some encouragement yesterday in his performance as he tried to play on the front foot and not take the safe option. He did fade as the game went on but i'm still hopeful he can get back to his best.

There was some encouragement yesterday in his performance as he tried to play on the front foot and not take the safe option. He did fade as the game went on but i'm still hopeful he can get back to his best.

The worry is why is he fading? He’s 24 and injury free why is he disappearing second half in matches.

The right wing curse seemed to do it he was bright in the first 25 minutes starting from the left then the moment he goes to the right he’s gone.

Became the youngest Manchester United player to make 200 Premier League appearances on Saturday beating the record previously held by Ryan Giggs, can safely say unless he seriously bucks his ideas up he won't become the youngest to make 300 PL appearances for the club.

Watching Rashford at the moment its like watching real life Space Jam. It is like someone has just taken his talent away from him. He can't do anything, no control, no skill, nothing. It is actually sad to watch.

It is sad to see. I would assume it is a massive confidence issue which he may or may not recover from. I think he probably deserves a chance with Ten Hag

This is weird. Most of the time, injury lead to some drop off pace but in his case he lost his skills and his close control, something you normaly can keep for life. I give him a season to recover but if he can't, we should sell. The guy is on more the 200 a week. He can't continue to be this poor.

This is weird. Most of the time, injury lead to some drop off pace but in his case he lost his skills and his close control, something you normaly can keep for life. I give him a season to recover but if he can't, we should sell. The guy is on more the 200 a week. He can't continue to be this poor.
Exactly, you do not normally lose skill and balance, they are the last thing to go, which is why I think it must be confidence. Clearly he cannot carry on forever in this form but he certainly deserves a chance.

Exactly, you do not normally lose skill and balance, they are the last thing to go, which is why I think it must be confidence. Clearly he cannot carry on forever in this form but he certainly deserves a chance.

It is all confidence from what I see he’s got the yips he is terrified of trying something in case it doesn’t come off.

The new manager and his coaches along with Rashford and the people he has around him need to rebuild that confidence and ego that gave him the confidence to do the things he was doing on the pitch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back