Marcus Rashford | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the back issue was last season he's recovered from that.

He injured his shoulder earlier in the season and it needs surgery but it can be managed so they decided to delay the surgery but I also think he's carrying an ankle injury that he's suffered in the last few months. Again he can play through the pain but it's obvious when he takes a big tackle he is in a lot of pain and he isn't able to run and change direction at full speed.

As for Ole picking him that's partly down to Ole but also down to the club not getting in more players last summer we are still short of wide options and have been for a few years now. Martial getting injured and being out of form hasn't helped either as it's probably meant Rashford has had to play out the final few months of the season rather than getting a rest to recover from his injuries.

I thought the back thing was going to require surgery that he wasn't going to get last summer because it was non-existent? Perhaps I'm misremembering though.

The back problem was what put him out last season but he recovered from the injury during lockdown so was able to finish the season.

So apparently a double stress fracture in the back usually heals on its own, with pain management and a few months off from exercise and vigorous activity. Interesting.

I must say, I thought it was an ankle problem. Which would explain the lack of willing to go past people.

The back I don't think is fully healed.

The shoulder he injured against Arsenal in November and has needed surgery since. I'm surprised looking in to it he's been able to play at all. Torn muscle doesn't sound like something i'd want to be running round a football pitch with.

So the shutdown was 100 days. Not sure how long Marcus spent in recovery, but I doubt he didn't workout or play for that whole time. I don't think he's healed either, so hopefully Southgate leaves him home this summer so he can get himself fully healed.

He injured his back in January 2020 and didn't play again until the league started again in June I don't believe this is currently a problem for him.

Shoulder injury was in November 2020 but he's played through the issue since then this apparently requires surgery after the Euros so he will miss the start of next season if he's selected.

He suffered an ankle injury in March 2021 which meant he missed the Leicester quarter final and the international matches that followed but returned for Utd 2 weeks later.

Should we not be insisting he has the operation immediately so he is fit for the start of next season.

That would be a sure fire way to really p*ss him off.

He wants to play in the euros it's his body so Utd have to let him. You can sit him down and try to convince him it might not be the best decision he can make but it is his decision to make as he can manage the injury.

I don't think the shoulder is a major problem for him the one that I think he's struggled with is the ankle with a few weeks rest that might be ok.

If there was an significant risk of serious long term damage they'd have sent him off for surgery months ago.

Well it's a sure fire way to piss me off him going to play for England while the people that pay his wages don't get him for the beginning of the season. We have spent the last few months making excuses for his poor performance by blaming injuries and then let him get fit during the season. Sorry but not for me

As an American I don't want any of our players going back to their national teams. To me it's not worth the risk or the extra mileage. If I were English, I would look at the way Rashford has tailed off so badly this season and realize that he needs the surgery now and is not the answer to England's Euros quest.

Well it's a sure fire way to piss me off him going to play for England while the people that pay his wages don't get him for the beginning of the season. We have spent the last few months making excuses for his poor performance by blaming injuries and then let him get fit during the season. Sorry but not for me

Don’t buy international footballers or give them contracts then.

International football is a big part of the worldwide interest of the game that keeps all that money coming in.

This was all by agreement if Utd had an issue they should have sent him for surgery in the winter so he was fully fit for the run in and the euros and next season.

If Ole had more options he'd have had the surgery in November

If i was Southgate based on form I wouldn’t be picking him anyway.

He injured his back in January 2020 and didn't play again until the league started again in June I don't believe this is currently a problem for him.

Shoulder injury was in November 2020 but he's played through the issue since then this apparently requires surgery after the Euros so he will miss the start of next season if he's selected.

He suffered an ankle injury in March 2021 which meant he missed the Leicester quarter final and the international matches that followed but returned for Utd 2 weeks later.
Backs are finicky things though. Once you've done it, and a double stress fracture sounds like he's done it well, they can be lingering and never really heal properly. I wouldn't be surprised to find out thats the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back