Status
Not open for further replies.
Most impressive part of his performance was right at the end, having spent 10 mins struggling to even walk, he somehow managed to run the ball down the wing and win a corner. Work rate superb today. A well deserved rest for him now having played 3 games a week since making his debut.

Yeah I'd agree with that... He deserves a bit of a break ready for the end of season run in! Thought that run at the end showed such great maturity. He could have looked to get in the box and create or score but he knew the best option was take it down to the corner.

marcus-rashford-manchester-united_3435021.jpg

marcus-rashford-anthony-martial-manchester-united_3435025.jpg

clocked the highest top speed on the pitch at 34.41km per hour.

Rashford has now scored more goals in his first eight United appearances than either Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie or Martial.

His mental strength has been incredible. He has shown a lot of bravery looking for the ball, taking players on and the coolness for the goal one on one with Hart was exceptional. It's the sort of mental strength that turns a talented prospect into a quality first teamer. It disappoints me to say it but it seems James Wilson lacks the sort of mental strength that Rashford has shown, although he obviously still has time on his hands for that to (hopefully) come.

Wilson needs loans to develop physically, struggled a lot with injuries and gets bullied quite easily. Rashford looks a naturally fit lad, strong for his age and quick. Wilson has been seen as the bigger prospect because of his goals at youth levels but has struggled to adjust to first team football. Hopefully it comes in time for him. Bit of patience required with some players.

I'm not sure Wilson will ever make it at the club. I know that's harsh but I've really not seen enough from him to be convinced. I think he'll go on to have a good career but probably in the championship or maybe he will come up with a promoted side. Yes he is still young and could come good but I've just not seen that in him. Rashford on the other hand is already making a impression and looks like he can handle himself. He's big, strong, quick and skillful plus he's scoring the goals you want from your striker.

Wilson needs loans to develop physically, struggled a lot with injuries and gets bullied quite easily. Rashford looks a naturally fit lad, strong for his age and quick. Wilson has been seen as the bigger prospect because of his goals at youth levels but has struggled to adjust to first team football. Hopefully it comes in time for him. Bit of patience required with some players.

Physical development is certainly one aspect, but I really feel that mental strength/confidence is Wilson's biggest issue right now. You could argue that he'd have more confidence to look for the ball, take players on etc if he was more physically developed.. But I don't see a huge difference physically between Wilson and Rashford. I do mentally.

Why is Marcus Rashford BANNED from Man United's first-team dressing room?

Just came across this... I know it could be rubbish and I know maybe it doesn't mean much but it's a slow news week. Maybe it will drum up some further conversation.

I have to say I absolutely agree with LVG on this. The youngsters should still be getting changed in the under 21s dressing room until they've established themselves firmly in the first team. It's this kind of philosophy that should help keep the younger players feet firmly on the ground. Because right now can anyone definitely say Rashford or Varela or Fosu-Mensah will be regulars when the more senior players are fit?

West Ham United 1-2 Manchester United - 13th April 2016

Some finish.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a shame Tyler doesn't give Rashford the credit hey! Great finish from a young player who goes from strength to strength. What I really like about this goal is that it's come off the back of a mini dry spell and some thinking maybe he needs a rest... What a great way to respond.

Great finish. This guy has talent. We need to tie him down to a long term contract.

Great goal. Him and Martial really coming on well together as a partnership.

Yep. Hope we get a pacy right winger and a creative no 10 with pace to complement these two.

If we can get a pacey winger and a number 10 who can also run at people we will be a real threat... Imagine all that pace and power in our attack.

Manchester United 1-0 Aston Villa - 16th April 2016

Great composure and an intelligent run. Hope he goes on to do this for us consistently for years to come.

To have scored 7 in 12 games is a great early return and says to me he can do this consistently.

This is different to flash in the pans we've seen come in and excite for a game or two. This isn't Macheda with his two huge huge goals and then not to be really seen after. This is a young lad contributing in a big way in pretty much each of those 12 games.

Yeah we've seen many score on their debuts or early on and not really be seen much after, the hard bit is repeating it. He's done it so far, hopefully it continues. Would not be surprised to see him rested vs Palace in midweek though with Everton in mind.

Hmm... Yeah maybe although I think he will play against Palace with LVG then using Rooney up front against Everton. Think he'll look to use Rooney's experience in the big semi final and that may mean only giving Rooney a little run out against Palace. But so far LVG has stuck with him so maybe I'm wrong.

Van Gaal said he nearly rested him today. Expect Martial to play up top on Wednesday, with Rashford coming back in for Everton with Martial moving out to the wing for that game.

Interesting... OK I missed those comments by LVG so yeah seems he will probably rest him in midweek. I was pleased to see that Rooney's return didn't mean dropping the lad though! It cost Lingard his place as we all know Martial was rested and Memphis just given a chance.

Manchester United 2-0 Crystal Palace - 20th April 2016

His backheels are class.

His imagination is impressive.

His pace and ability and willingness to run at defenders is wonderful. Something which we have lacked since Ronnie left us.

He is really surprising me as to how high he can raise his game, was clearly a big talent under age but don't know if anyone, including those working with him day to day, expected this. His attitude is top notch.

Surprised it's happened so soon and to the level he's played at, but always thought there was a chance he'd make it. We might never have seen him but for injuries, god bless our famous injury prevention methods.

Manchester United 3-1 AFC Bournemouth - 17th May 2016

Great finish and good thinking for 1st goal to step over and let ball go to Rooney.

That's a great great finish!

Good ball from Rooney in the build up too but what a good finish from the young lad. He's been such a revelation and hey who knows if he'd started more games maybe just maybe we'd be in a better position.

He had a very good game. Let's see how he copes up next season. We need to tie him down to a new contract asap.

England 2-1 Australia - 27th May 2016

Simply an incredible story. Had hardly played any U21s football for us, still hasn't and is now looking likely to be going to the Euros. The idea of that seemed absurd not that long ago too. He's continued the good performances and deserves his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back