Marcel Sabitzer | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

18m in the summer seems a bit like a no Brainer.

I think he will want assurances over a starting spot no point being a squad player at Utd.

Interested to see how he does alongside Casemiro for the rest of the season.

This. Rumours are McT is up for sale, so it's up to Sanitizer to show he's an improvement on Fred.

Yeah sounds like he wants to leave for regular playing time, probably sees the writing is on the wall for him.

For me we’ve not seen Sabitzer truly tested he’s done ok against bottom half teams, interested to see how he handles the games that are coming up.

I do think Utd need to bring in another quality centre mid this summer to really push for the title, hard to tell if Sabitzer can be that guy after so few games.

From the little we've seen of Sabitzer, I'd say he raises our midfield floor rather than our ceiling. Is he good enough alongside Casemiro to sustain a title race and a lengthy European run? Probably not on the small sample size we've seen so far. Is he better than McTominay or bad Fred? Yeah.

From the little we've seen of Sabitzer, I'd say he raises our midfield floor rather than our ceiling. Is he good enough alongside Casemiro to sustain a title race and a lengthy European run? Probably not on the small sample size we've seen so far. Is he better than McTominay or bad Fred? Yeah.

I agree but is he better than Eriksen?

To me to improve the squad you improve your starting XI which will also improve the squad. I don't think Sabitzer would sign unless he felt he had a fair crack at being a starter, he can be a squad player at Bayern.

The comments from his agent sound pretty positive he's loving it at Utd so hopefully we'll see some top performances from him.

There's some big decisions to make this summer on McFred. It sounds like McTominay is thinking about leaving to get more football and Fred is entering the last 12 months of his contract so if we're going to keep him we will need to get him on a new contract.

You've got guys like Mainoo and Hannibal potentially coming into the first team frame as well maybe Iqbal as well.

I'd look to sign him up and move McT on. Good squad player.

Not totally sold on him but for a squad option I think he would be worth taking on full time.

Think we should be looking for better, even as a squad player. Yes he's better than Mctom, but that's a low bench mark

Utd need 4 or 5 quality centre mid options for next season.

If Sabitzer is available for a reasonable fee then I’d have him as an upgrade to McT and VDB but I do think we need a much better player as well. You can’t get 50 90 minute matches from Eriksen a season, my view is we need a starter. A player to like Sabitzer would be a squad player but he’s handy as I think he can play a few different roles.

Utd need 4 or 5 quality centre mid options for next season.

If Sabitzer is available for a reasonable fee then I’d have him as an upgrade to McT and VDB but I do think we need a much better player as well. You can’t get 50 90 minute matches from Eriksen a season, my view is we need a starter. A player to like Sabitzer would be a squad player but he’s handy as I think he can play a few different roles.

We need Sabitzer + A starter.

Then you've got Casemiro (Starter) Eriksen Sabitzer Fred

Maybe we go back in for FDJ. I wouldn't mind looking at Tielemans whose down tools but is a quality player and available on a free this summer.

We need Sabitzer + A starter.

Then you've got Casemiro (Starter) Eriksen Sabitzer Fred

Maybe we go back in for FDJ. I wouldn't mind looking at Tielemans whose down tools but is a quality player and available on a free this summer.

We do but for 2 to come in then 2 need to go.

I like Tielemens but there’s been a big decline in the last 18 months I’d maybe see him as the alternative to Sabitzer as the squad player option. He’s on a free so he’s not going to suck up much of the transfer budget.

As for starters I still think Rice is worth looking at I think he’d be a quality partner for Casemiro, I just don’t see FDJ happening he loves Barcelona and he’s got his spot in the team so can’t see his head being turned. Rice also helps with filling those home grown squad spots.

I think IDFD might be right, FDJ I can see. Barca desperate for money and probably will get Gundogan on a free

I think IDFD might be right, FDJ I can see. Barca desperate for money and probably will get Gundogan on a free

What has changed from last summer?

FDJ loves Barcelona unless that changes he isn’t going to leave and with Busquets leaving this summer the position he wants is open for him.

But he still won’t want to leave and last summer proved they can’t force him.

Another decent performance from Sabitzer today looks much more comfortable playing as the number 10

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think all in a successful loan spell chipped in a few goals and decent performances while Eriksen was out.

Shame the injuries came just as he seemed to find his role in the side as a number 10.

Anybody know what is happening here? Have we seen the last of him?

The club announced last week that none of the players loaned in(Sab., Weg., and But.) will be given a contract for next season, and i'm guessing of the three Weghorst leaving(probably said his goodbyes today)will disappoint you the most.

The club announced last week that none of the players loaned in(Sab., Weg., and But.) will be given a contract for next season, and i'm guessing of the three Weghorst leaving(probably said his goodbyes today)will disappoint you the most.
Think your confusing me with Mr Ne Ville who launched a campaign for him to get a contract

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back