Manchester United v Newcastle United

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're back. Typical start to the season where we rush things in attack. Think now we've got 2 we can get a few more. Great to see Berba score could do with Rooney scoring now.

Rooney still not looking match fit . I hoped he would get a goal tonight but least he had a good run out

Berba_God said:
Rooney still not looking match fit . I hoped he would get a goal tonight but least he had a good run out

jeah it would have been good for him

but

good work but still a lot to build on

Still early. Win's the most important thing at this stage as I mentioned we always start slow.

Rooney still not got his touch back, frustrated and lacking in minutes. As were a few of the other lads really. Rooney just stood out more.

No Owen due to "lacking in minutes".

Scholes was brilliant. Valencia did struggle, thought he looked a bit off-ish. Few more games will put him right.

There was one ball played to him by Scholes and it was just intecepted by the Toon defender. I thought he was in. There were a lot of balls like that tonight. Didn't quite come off. There was a cross too where Berba was the first man and Chicharito was just behind him and Berba took it on. Chicharito probably should have called to leave it.

Do you reckon he can do it all season. I reckon he can but we have to give him games off, man of his age can't play 50 games a season. Carrrick looked good enough on the weekend to play most of the games instead of him. Keep Scholsey for the big uns I say.

i missed the game :(, just saw the goals and Brilliant passing by Scholes in both, especially Giggs's goal.
How was Berbatov? and a surprise that Evra starts?!

On Berbatov aswell, he was getting in the box more and getting chances but he was still coming very deep to get the ball and start something off like he did on Sunday. He'd start something in our own half and he'd get in the box for the end of it. Very good performance. If it wasn't for Scholes, Berba would have been MOTM. Berba was running Scholes close on the MOTM poll on manutd.com last night.

Evra carried on for at least 5 mins after going into the advertisement boards. I think he was taken off in the end because he looked tired. Interesting to see when Rafael replaced him that O'Shea stayed on the right and Rafael played on the left. It was only for 5 mins and we were well ahead but still interesting.

By the way, did anyone see Joey Barton get floored and then someone from behind smashing the ball into his head while he was down. That was funny, even funnier than his cat's pubic hair that he wears on his lip.

Did you see Barton trying to talk to Giggs at the end and Giggs just looked uncomfortable and wanted to just get away.

A good way to start. Winning. We can say that was an easy win, despite first 20 minutes have showed the opposite. During this period, I saw a locked game even with the ball possession gone through 70%.With the goal, the things have improved. The Magpies errors were more exposed and United started to attack attacking more, especially in the 2nd half.

Scholes is probably the only player for which I'll shed tears when he retires. Every time I see him play like that, I remember that "the end may be near. There's no replacement to him. Only cloning him or praying that one of his sons to inherit at least 60% of his father's talent.

Berbatov was a bit "aloof" in the first half despite the goal.. But was fine in the 2nd half Ran, good passes, good movement, good positioning. Okay, missed two goals but it is part of the "Berba's way".What matters is: THAT is the Berba that i like and want to see.

Giggs should play less, but if his less is yestardays less... Scored a great goal.several long passes accurate. Unfortunately I did not see Best and Charlton, but I saw Giggs and Scholes. I can say that i through well to this life.

I did not like nani yesterday. Especially in the 2nd time. Many wrong passes, not to mention the insistence on imitating Ronaldo. This is clear in the Free kicks. Same positioning, same way of running, same way of shooting.And he was not like this.

Great debut. Now is get better against Fulham

...one of the things that impressed me last night was how hard Valencia and Nani worked in midfield......they both tracked back well and both put in a lot of tackles (one from Valencia led to the first goal)
Newcastle started with a five man midfield yet we over run them for most of the match....
Bartons moustache.....epic fail !!!!!

Those present at Old Trafford were treated to a masterclass as Scholes' distribution was immaculate, like a puppet on a string he had the ball play to his every whim. There was even a trademark ill-timed tackle to make the day complete.

"He turned you down... Alan Shearer turned you down"

"He took you down... Alan Shearer took you down"

haha. Just remembered about that.

By Christmas they'll remember when they ain't doing too well. Loving the opposition fan banter already. I think we've done Newcastle for now, they need to step up to Premiership level now. Mind you I was expecting a song about Gazza, Chicken and Fishing last night.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Do you reckon he can do it all season. I reckon he can but we have to give him games off, man of his age can't play 50 games a season. Carrrick looked good enough on the weekend to play most of the games instead of him. Keep Scholsey for the big uns I say.
I know I was just wondering while at the gym whether we can rely on scholes every week. I think he will definately need to be rested during the season

I'd love to see us leave Scholes out every week because we need to stop relying on him but he's playing so well right now, it'll be hard to leave him out.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Did you see Barton trying to talk to Giggs at the end and Giggs just looked uncomfortable and wanted to just get away.
I think he was trying to get gigg's shirt as when another player asked for it ge pointed back in the direction of Barton

Maybe something to do with Vida signing a new deal, being rewarded for his commitment to us. Never saw him as a potential Captain before mainly because there were doubts about his future but now I can't see why not. I prefer our captain being in def or mid and in the centre. Keano is probably one of the main reasons for this, he could speak to everyone, for example If you're a GK it's harder to communicate with the Striker and vice-versa. Which is why you don't see Strikers and Goalkeepers very often being captain in my opinion and won't see Rooney captaining us. And if you're on the flank it's harder to communicate with the opposite flank.

no i think Evra comes after Vidic in the preference for Captaincy, i remember him getting the armband before when Neville, Giggsy and Rio aren't playing.

The oreder is Neville, Giggs, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, O'Shea

In my opinion he is. I really don't remember Vida being captain before this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back