Not open for further replies.
200px_Manchester_City_svg.png
vs.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 20 March 2016
Barclays Premier League
Etihad Stadium

16:00 GMT

Must win... Draw does us no good at all as we need to chase them down for fourth.

Kompany is unavailable to due to injury and Otamendi is a doubt.

That's very good news for us! Without him they are pretty bloody woeful at the back.

That said though and I know this might seem ridiculous... Do people actually want us to still qualify for the Champions League?

I ask this because 1) I'd assume that would be enough for LVG to keep his job but for me I absolutely do not want that. And 2) we are a long way from being competitive in the Champions League. Wouldn't we be better off not having Europe? Building the squad and focusing on getting back to the top of the league?

OK that's fair mate... I know some will want that but I think others might not that's all. I am torn because of course I want us to win every game. But for the long term good of the club maybe it's best if we don't. I don't think I could stomach another season of LVG and to be quite honest I don't think the club can afford to not progress again.

Know where you're coming from but that's not for me. I look at the games we've got left and in my head we should be winning most of them, even this one, i've seen them a bit this season and they've been just as bad as us, they're above us because they have more players capable of providing individual brilliance on a more regular basis and perhaps they're allowed to play more as individuals while Van Gaal doesn't like that but as a team they've been awful, defensively horrible. Do I think we will win this? No. Do I think we'll get top 4? No. I hope we do though. It's frustrating because I still believe we have a team capable of doing this City side over and getting top 4 but there's also something telling me that we could actually not win another game this season, as fans we've lost all confidence in Van Gaal and that's why, regardless of where we finish in the table, he should go. We need someone positive in charge, someone who keeps the fans positive and believing. Don't think anyone truly believed at any point the other night that we'd get through, think Liverpool fans would probably have given us more of a chance than we'd give our own team. Last weekend at home against West Ham, I was surprised when we equalised, at home to West Ham. We used to believe we could come back from any deficit. 3 goals in quarter of an hour? Easy. 2 goals in stoppage time? Yeah we can do that. If we as fans don't believe it, how can the players?

And I'm completely with you! If I had any confidence that regardless of where we end up this LVG was going then it wouldn't even be an issue. If I thought we could finish top 4 and still get rid of him then I'm jump up and down with joy. Sadly I just don't see that being the case. The minimum was to finish in the top 4 and if we achieve that in the boards eyes he'll have done enough. We have stuck with him so far despite the complete nonsense we've witnessed. It's for that reason alone that I'd take missing out on Europe. It's a horrible thought and one I never wanted to think but it's true and that's what LVG has done to us as fans. He's taken the joy away from the club and the belief that we can overturn anything. For that reason (one of many) I can't stand him and why if City win tomorrow I won't feel that utter disappointment like I used to.

Squad: De Gea, Romero, Darmian, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Mata, Januzaj, Lingard, Memphis, Martial, Rashford.

For me I'd go with a three man midfield of Carrick, Schneiderlin and Herrera. Give us bodies in there plus a combination of energy, creativity and defensive cover. Then I'd go Martial, Lingard and Rashford ahead of them to give us real pace in attack.

Team: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Valencia, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Januzaj, Memphis.

City: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero.

That back line looks vulnerable for city. We can get at it if only we can get it to our forwards.

The injury to Sterling allowing Toure to switch to 10 helps City.

That's a clear penalty! Rashford has the pace and has already gone passed the City defender when he takes him out. He's made no intention to play the ball at all.

Great finish by Rashford earlier after a really good pass from Mata and then a good run to go past was it Otemendi from Rashford?

Love Blind sending Aguero flying. Experienced City players trying to scrap with Rashford because he skinned them yet again, Jesse having none of it fecking have 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back